Poker and alcohol

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker is cooler if you play with your friends, don't play drunk for real cash, you will loss

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello never played drinking but I guess it's like everything in life, just as you do not have to drink drunk, you decrease your capacity and in the end you lose ... bad idea to drink and play poker

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live poker game, I always drink alcohol, because then I play for fun, I am less readable. In the online game I do not drink alcohol.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Once I played poker is very drunk.
That day I lost all my bankroll.
Since then, I no longer make such mistakes.
And by the way, I also do not drink alcohol anymore.
In my opinion, sports will have a better effect on your progress than alcohol.
Good luck.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I drink, I try not to play poker but if it happens I start playing more aggressively and start talking a lot more and I forgot to say I'm losing and I'll ruin the game for two weeks or a month then I can't play normally :)

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play on the Internet, then no more than 1 can of beer, if more, then you can easily make the wrong decision, which can be very expensive, you can drink whiskey for example, but only when playing at home with friends

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play poker in tournaments when I drink, only with friends in a fun company to have a good time

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Zone

I can say that alcohol and poker usually don't mix well. However, if the situation
comes up, it's alot like pool in which a good "zone" to be in is in between 2 and 5 beers....go beyond and you will wake up hung over and broke!

Last edited:
R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly avoid drinking when I am playing poker, I will have many difficult decisions along the way and to do the right things I need to be conscious. Depending on how much alcohol you drink it may affect your focus or your thinking power, at least that's what I think.

R

R1sKD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play poker when I drink alcohol, naturally I lose.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really drink booze ever as it is. blaze like a mothatrucka though

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is a very bad idea. Don't mix those 2

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker and alcoohol do not go well together.

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there are two scenarios for me.
On online poker I don't drink. Usually I play tournaments online or just to kill time (and it would not nice to drink on my own :stoned:).

If i play home game (cash table or small tournament) then few drinks are ok.
I try to limit my self on 3 drinks, because if I would go for the drink #4 then the party starts :beer: :cheers:

mpanarelo

mpanarelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pior mistura do mundo, considero o poker o mesmo que dirigir, se você beber, só pode haver um acidente.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening.

Our alcohol and poker is a dangerous combination that will take all your cash away.
Numca drunk game :drunken_s:biggrin:

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never drink at live poker mainly because there's a significant stack to lose. When I'm online, I'll drink but after awhile I start playing like shit. The good news is it's small stakes and once I screw up, I quit.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to have 1 at the start, a whiskey and coke, to settle the nerves it also would flush my face so people so it would look like I am more worse off than I am.

Now that my math in poker is much better I tend to be more relaxed so I don't need that liquid courage.

S

satyrbolund

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a very good ideea

Every time I did mix poker and alcocohool I lost my stak of USD in 4 to 8 games. It is a bad iddea. With a exception: you play with friends on low stak of money and in the end, with the winings the fortunate buy pizza for everybody....:eek:

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t advise playing poker under the alcohol, from my own experience I know what it is to play under the alcohol because I drink alcohol and go to play poker I immediately lose, I don’t think anymore ... So I do not advise you to play under the alcohol!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drink milk guys - you will be healthy[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]