Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Almost all posters do not mix their poker with their drinking. Makes sense.
Now for the next question.
Many states and on October 17, 2018, all of Canada will have legalized recreational marijuana.
Will you, or do you smoke pot while playing poker? Most card rooms do not allow smoking, but players regularly step out for a smoke. Will you or do you step out for a toke?
How do you play when you are toking?

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play live I like to drink a beer ... Online rarely i drink something...

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my mind alcohol and emotions are the worth components of good play.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question, I like both!
Sometimes when mixing in the right amounts: 1+1 > 2
However, I'm sure that with too much alcohol: 1+1 = 0

S

saulgood4me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drunk poker is not a science. It is an art. In my experience, it only worked well short term, and there was hell to pay.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drinking lightly is ok once in a while, but I don't get drunk at the tables no way.

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best not to mix alcohol with the game ..... surely as the game progresses the trial becomes cloudy and that is when the tragedies come

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally anything affecting your nerve system is bad for your game (alcohol is one such thing). My experience shows that small amount of alcohol (i mean something like one beer or small drink) can help you to relax and play better if you are nervous before the game. More than that makes me play too loose and too aggressively and tilt more easily which can only cause bad things to your game. Sometimes i play freerolls while i am drunk but it is just for pure fun and i never invest any real money in poker game when i am drunk.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
alcohol does not control emotions, but sometimes you want to relax:)

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont drink alcohol at live tournements.
Online maybe a few beers, but not much.
Live with friends a lot of beers, but those evenings are just for the fun.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While some find it funny, I know a friend who likes to drink alcohol when playing, and there are other players who do.
I think this strategy :), makes you more aggressive player, maybe try to do more bluffing, I think that's why some drink alcohol when they play, and others do it to hold a session of several hours of play, I personally do not drink alcohol when gambling.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since so much of poker comes down to making the correct decision in a given situation, one of the worst things you can do is drink while playing. In everyday life, alcohol affects our ability to make the best decisions, and poker is no different.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better not to do both together, you can lose money because your brain is not working as it should, so if you want to win a tournament or earn money don't mix alcohol with poker.

Don't do anything that makes your game worse.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These days I was drunk and I started to play poker and although they do not believe I won, I felt more active and encouraged to play

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad decisions

Sometimes I have played while intoxicated (not to mention many times), but the truth is that it is a very bad combination alcohol and poker, so I lost my bank on several occasions. the only good thing about playing in that state is that you do not have the ability to play all-in.

But it really is something that I do not advise anyone

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday evening freeroll and a couple shots of Jameson.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant mix beer with them funny cigarettes and poker ,they don't mix dude you should no that lol ,no in all honesty if you feel like you can play poker and drink at same time then all power to you I prefer not to too but everyone is different right

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
most of the times I lost all of the BR I was alcoholic ... poker does not match with alcohol ... the drunk thinks he's rich and ends up getting poorer ... if you want to have some success at the poker tables stay long alcohol while playing

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
between friends where there is almost nothing involved I see no problem, but in a tournament or cash games online I believe that the drink can mess up a lot.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play poker when I drink and I advise everyone.A good game in an alcoholic state will not work, except that you want to drain your bankroll .

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If I drink while playing, my loss is inevitable. So I try to separate alcohol and poker. It is not difficult for me to do this, because I drink very rarely.

D

dogchew

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to get a lot more aggressive, win then lose it all bluffing. Not a smart thing to do is drink.

Fieldysnuts44

Fieldysnuts44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally drink a few beers when I am playing.I usually only play small stakes cash games or low buy in tournaments.For me it’s good,because I’m still at home with the wife and kids and still have a chance to play some poker and drink some beer without being out on the town.

Fieldy