Poker and alcohol

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No alcohol for me and avoid anywhere with alcohol where there isn't massive security.

I've almost seen a few fights break out without alcohol...can't even imagine it with...

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
drinking dulls your senses. you want to be at your best if you are playing to win. you dont play better and no matter what you say you dont drive better when drinking. i learned early that poker and alcohol dont mix. i was playing in the army had a nice stack of coin, was winning every time. so i started to celebrate after a few drinks bam the stack size went down. so i never drank while playing after that. it just doesnt make sense

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that they would be very bad friends!!!

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think drink and games do not match

S

serialy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
drinking + anything = different thing

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker and alcohol do not match when talking, making money, succeed! now if it is to play for fun with friends that's okay, it can be accepted .. But particularly I do not like alcohol because people change a lot after a few drinks.

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game why not turn up a bit, tourney day 3 prolly not 8)

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have never tried that combination, but I think it could serve me

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker don’t mix sadly

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol blunts the brain and it leads to a bad game. I know.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny enough i played better the one time i decided to drink and play. I got into the top 72 players out of 9000 players. It was a freeroll but still took about 4 hours to get into the top 72.

D

dendretic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends a lot on how well you can handle ur drink, but generally bad. The only good that usually comes from it is if you're normally a tight player and allow yourself to get a bit looser, but you still have to be able to hand read/know where you're at. My old poker club had a bar right next door and we'd all get drinks before playing which made things pretty crazy. Now if you can get other people drunk that's even better xD

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I constantly play under the alcohol, but I have a good snack. Alcohol does not prevent me from playing poker

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink.
but if I'm playing poker....I hope you do.
:)

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I have a few brews because my favorite streamer does it but I realized it makes me play way too loose agressive for likings so I try to avoid it if I'm playing.

S

serialy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I switch it up all of the time depending on who and where I play. The only time I'm strict (and don't drink/stay sober) is when I decide I want to win and it's a long tournament. Drinking and playing can be a lot of fun but we lose our inhibitions!

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different people have widely variant reactions to drinking.
As examples, I can drink most of a pitcher of beer at dinner and feel a bit happy/tipsy. My wife will start giggling and slurring after 1/2 glass of beer (and, most definitely start making 'bad' decisions).
We are both large people so it's not a matter of size so much as its individual metabolism.
I can have a drink or two per hour of play with absolutely no discernable difference in my play. I would strongly discourage my wife from playing on half a beer.
Despite a high tolerance, I would choose to drink to "happy" only in a low stakes game or at a home game where we are all just having fun.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure, why not. I've never had a bad time playing poker while drinking. It kinda eases the bad beats but also enhances the wins, like any drug is supposed to do. Playing sober is just that. Playing w/a buzz is everything else. At one point I had it down to a science: 3 ounces of bourbon per hour while in a trny, go pee at the 5 min break and repeat. If I happened to cash then it's over to the ring games for an hour or two. If I was playing poker to pay my bills and such then I would probably abstain from it, tho. Just trying to have some fun before I'm in the ground.

P

Plan_l8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it is a good idea to play poker being drunk.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont drink

poker and drinking is a very bad combination
one or max two drinks are ok if you can handled
drinking and playing like a donk is not bad only for yourself
but for the other players on the table

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DON'T DON'T DON'T its biggest mistake what could do playing poker i have lost few times my entire bankroll only because of boze :D you can drink while playing with friends than yes just for fun. Remember few years ago was playing with friend live poker in garage and buy in was 20 quits if remember right i was totally drunk and chip leader could go home with about 200 quits in one night insteed of that i fall as sleep on pile of my chips and wake up from morning still sleeping at poker table :D

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had a drink in a long time. I think during the game it is better not to drink alcohol at all. Because you will loose concentration and self-control.