pokerist.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29
dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we talking about playing poker at a tournament than of course is a sport. Playing cash games or for fun with friends its not a sport but you can call that practice :)

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Шахматы, бильярд и дартс признаны спортивной игрой. Почему же покер не спорт?
In poker there are no active or physical actions therefore it is not a sport, but only an intellectual game on a par with chess.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theres a lot more strategy and skill involved in chess than in poker. In poker luck can make you or break you regardless of how skillfully you play.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport. Therefore, I think that skills play a key role, although luck is also present here.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the eternal question that will always take place for many answers.
Personally, I think that in poker, unlike other games of chance, such as roulette, there is a very important influence on the skill component.
However, chance, from my point of view, has a constant presence in poker. And we as players, we must reduce or control as much as we can their influence throughout the game.
We observe a clear presence of the random component in poker, in moments that we have to endure continuous bad spells, when we are left with the feeling of having played well but we also lost, etc.
Considering all that has been said, I believe that poker is a game of chance, and also that it is a game of skill. Where the objective of us, poker players, is to prevail the ability factor over the luck factor.

I do not consider poker to be a sport, although it is true that it requires a mental effort to practice it. As for example chess.
In all sports the random component is present, but I think that the presence of it in poker is greater.
That's why in poker, you can win a game a beginner player to an expert.
In the short term, the random factor influences a lot in poker, much more than in sports. But this changes in the long term, where the skill of the players appears.

Greetings.

Last edited:
christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How not to play poker is a gamble, but also intellectual at the same time, that is, if you play better than most poker players, then you will win money, but there are people who are terribly unlucky and even when they play well they can lose for a long time money or play zero because of the variance, and if you play badly, then you will lose your money or win the dispersion it is insidious.
Some people when losing money run into excitement and go to the limits above, recoup and there they lose money even more or win, but how much would they win under the excitement and it will be difficult to stop and get out of the excitement, there are people who constantly lose and still play poker in the hope that they will one day play their money.
For some people, poker is entertainment they play to take a break from work, for others poker is work.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a sport and a game of chance. Although in every sport there is always a chance for something bizarre to happen.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is both but to be good at it you have to have skill because eventually skill wins out in poker.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in every game there is an element of excitement and no matter what kind of game it is - football, hockey, tennis, jogging or any other sport is all azat therefore of course there is an element of excitement in poker !!!!

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a sport or a game of chance? What do you think?
its a bit of both latelyyou can be good but if ya cant catch any cards yupp you are up the crick

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion poker is not a sport. It is more like gambling. Nevertheless, I really love this game and this is my favorite hobby.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion its a mental sport.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
If any game is played by players for money, then it is obviously a gamble. Given that chess is considered a sport, I see no reason why poker can not be considered a sport. In my opinion, poker is a sport.
Good luck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also believe that poker is a sport. I think that in the near future poker will become an officially recognized sport.

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a sport to me and a hobby..trying to make it my job hahaha

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a sport or a game of chance? What do you think?
hi hi
that for sure a huge controversy that been debated a long time
the importance of the question relates to, if a game of chance then it gambling... hence illegal many places
if it a game of skill.. then it isn't gambling - it's like a sport, a video game

i think it's partly BOTH

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it all depends on the discipline. If this is some kind of hyper-turbo, then this is definitely a gamble, where luck brings 80% of the result. If you are talking about cash, hu, or slow speed, then 80% is sport.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How said the Dolly Poker is war.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe to be a sport
Gambling and the one that does not depend on stocks just throw the net and wait for the fish to curl up in it

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider poker a sport, but a game of cards.
I consider "sport" things like football, basketball, and swimming.

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a sport and a hobby with dreams translate this sport in work.

Top 10 Games