Poker is a hobby, an obsession or an addiction.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hobby for me these days. I used to be obsessed, thinking i could quit my job and play poker 24/7. But i realized that was silly and i would just become another statistic joining the other 95% of players that won't be playing poker for a living.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it could be all 3
and in some people all 3 things together

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but I know a lot of people who are obsessed and many who are addicted.
Poker is also a hobby for me. I am not addicted to the game, but I have a habit of playing in my favorite tournaments at least 3-4 times a week. But this is a habit, not an addiction.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby, a few moments of relaxation, fun and exercise of the mind

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hobby. Maintaining a healthy perspective is crucial. It's important to recognize when poker starts to encroach upon other areas of life or becomes all-consuming. If that ever happens, it's essential to take a step back, reassess, and seek support if needed. All in all, I believe that poker can be a fulfilling and enjoyable hobby, as long as it's approached responsibly and with a balanced mindset.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a hobby, I know it's not an addiction because I don't miss it when I can't play.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depending on the seriousness of the attitude, poker can be both a hobby and an obsession and addiction

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, that's why I enjoy it so much. Poker should not be an addiction or an obsession, this sport is something so unique that it is played as such.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

'Poker is a hobby, an obsession or an addiction'​

It's all of that

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
for me poker is a hobby, lately the amount of time in poker is close to zero (

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker for money is gambling. Which means that it is not only hobby but moreover anyone who is constantly connected with it is addicted.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for now is a hobby I’m learning more to play much better, in cardschat have good articles, and with that I try to play tournaments.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me between the 3 options, poker is a hobby for sure

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Pastime, hobby whatever you want to call it, I think that poker is one of the most fun things there is, you can generate a lot of money. At this moment I am taking it as something extra. But answering your question more, it has a little of everything.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is more than just a game for me, it is a passionate hobby. As I sit down at a poker table, I feel the excitement and adrenaline rush through my veins. It's a time when I can challenge my mind, make strategic decisions and test my ability to read opponents. Poker offers me an escape from the everyday and allows me to immerse myself in a competitive yet fun environment. Also, it's a social hobby where I can interact with other players, share stories and learn from their experiences. Although it is a recreational activity, I do not underestimate its level of complexity, which encourages me to continue studying and improving myself as a player.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but I know a lot of people who are obsessed and many who are addicted.
Poker is a hobby for me. I play in the evenings, drink beer, and in a word, relax after a hard day's work.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's addiction for 95%+ of the players. For me it's a hobby for the last five years at least.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think poker is not for the weak, that is, such a needle that you try to win more and more every time, so poker is an addiction.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
:) Without any prodding from her, you sacrificed something you loved for the woman that you love. That is so romantic! ❤️ Congratulations on forty six years together, and best wishes for many many more. :)
Thank You, but to be honest I made no sacrifice, just the best investment in my Life, Marrying her was the best move I ever made:)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me it is a hobby and I am very addicted to this hobby.
Any game or hobby can be addictive, but the real danger is gambling addiction, the other thing is that gambling becomes dangerous if the gambler is led to bankruptcy, harm to others, or other bad things. I see that we can gamble in most games, the problem is not in games or poker.

Last edited:
markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's always been a hobby, I'd really like to become a professional, but I still lack something, dedication maybe, maybe one day I'll succeed!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is something between a hobby and an addiction)))