Poker is a hobby, an obsession or an addiction.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker for me is not an obsession or an addiction, nor is it merely a hobby. It is something that I have a sentimental attachment to, because the day that I played my first tournament five years ago is also the day that I began making a major change to my life. I owe all of the players, tournament staff, dealers, registration people, and dealers a debt that I can never repay for helping to make that change so easy for me. Poker people are the best! ❤️

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but I know a lot of people who are obsessed and many who are addicted.
Addiction arises primarily from irresponsibility. I always adhere to bankroll management, and thanks to this, the game brings me only positive emotions.

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. 🤭

I don't know if one who loves the game can really claim they know the answer.

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hobby? yes, its recreational. obsession? yes, i always think about it. addiction? yes, i don't stop playing.
I find myself just like you my friend. kkkk

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
a curse...lol - that I'm addicted to!

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it is a hobby, I do not let it dominate me mentally, however in the first 2 years it was an obsession and then over time I was controlling

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is like an extra income and if I don't need money, I'll quit playing poker.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, I don't know if hobby is the right word, because I have more than one believe. I think the best word would be a fascinating sport!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lucrative hobby , definitely love poker and improving slowly lol.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some more controlled players a Hobby, for me it was that but it's been an addiction for a few days now, so I'm playing less often to turn it into a hobby

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but I know a lot of people who are obsessed and many who are addicted.
I treat poker as entertainment. I mostly play freerolls and only play tournaments when I win money. I don't spend my own money on the game, I play for fun. Poker is a great hobby and if you are a disciplined and responsible player then poker is a very safe game.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is certainly a hobby for me. Someone goes fishing, someone collects mushrooms, and someone plays poker.😁

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a hooby, for now I can't play, but I hope later on to have more time to play on cardschat.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
There was a time when it was an addiction for me, so much so that I spent more than ten hours playing in several rooms at the same time, in low-limit tournaments, but later, since I didn't win and I got very stressed, I gave it up little by little, but I'm going to resume it again but controlling myself and preventing it from becoming an addiction again

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello for me it's also a hobby I love to play it's a pleasure for me to play greetings and GGen at the tables...

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think this is a hobby in which you can earn money, but the main thing is not to become obsessed

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is an opinion that poker is definitely addictive. But it comes in two forms. First: you are addicted because you don't like and don't know how to lose, but it happens to you all the time. The second kind of poker addiction is the thirst to win.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I am currently playing poker as a hobby, but I aspire to become a professional in the future .

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's all three. It changes from one form to the other, for- and backwards , depending on personal preferences, time preferences and all other circumstances.
Like most things in life you have to find a balance in your habits, that's also the way for poker playing.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will always depend of the person, you can have a lot of hobbies by the way you can also have a lot of addictions, so is good to know ourselves and put limits

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it's all three, it depends for whom or the state of each person is that it varies from hobby to addiction or obsession, they can even all come together

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me, most things I get involved in are, at first sort of hobbyish -: but then generally, I get obsessed and want to know everything there is to know about the topic and try to become good/better/expert at it.
Poker has been like that, but now I play less.
Currently, golf is the new obsession. Have played a dozen times in the past fortnight....and have tee times for tomorrow, Friday and Sunday. (Shot my Personal Best today (83)).
Before poker, it was electric guitar building....

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A hobby for me. I try to learn new things without being obsessed.