playing to win

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite many professional terms, winning poker is called winning. Everyone strives for this, because the goal is to get the bank by making the strongest combination. Although you can win without making a hand at all. Experienced poker players do not always strive to go to showdown and win every hand. However, failures and successes follow each other, but in the end, experienced grinders remain in the black.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It seems to me that a lot of people play to win, but not always and not everyone does. In my case I am having a very marked downturn in cash tables, this month was not very good for me, but the question is as a result of those errors, study and see where one is wrong.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry. But we all play to win. Professionals also play to win

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:)
Most players play to win or to prove to themselves and others that they are the best.This gives an incentive to the development or empty loss of a bankroll.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:fight:"What doesn't break us makes us stronger."

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
do you find that playing to win makes the game alot less fun to play?
For me, playing to win is what makes poker, and any other game, fun. Games where you compete against other players, or in some cases against yourself, really lose their meaning if you aren't trying to win. It is not about money, it is about the pleasure that comes from working hard at improving your skills and then succeeding by using those skills.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing to win makes money. Making money is fun. Losing money is not fun.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think everyone plays for the sake of victory. Victory brings fame, but also some money.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, because when you enter a tournament or any other competition, you enter to win.

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun and make a few bucks on the way.
When I used to play to win it would stress me out to much.

S

Shab88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess no...

It's strange to hear, because the main point of ALL the games is to win. And moreover, poker is the game about money:)

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Not really I play for fun because if you play for money you will lose a lot of money you will lose money more then you will gain from it.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that most people play to win. Be a winner of a tournament or play a final table is very funny to me

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win then when you play you should care about your decision making instead of just winning.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing to win makes it more interesting and more fun.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say play to win is the only fun part.ITM is nice, happens all teh time, FT is cool, happens every now and the and is some kind of a good result. But to win a tournament is what I'm here for.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, because successful tight aggressive players play fewer hands, especially in the beginning of a tournament. But that's how one can create a table image that can be capitalized on later in the game when the blinds actually are worth stealing. Playing more hands is more fun, of course, but leans more toward the luck side of the equation rather than the skill side.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe the game is great when you go for the win, you are putting everything you have learned into practice.

Even if I lose I'm still having fun.

If you find the game not fun for you, STOP, it's as simple as that!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How could I know I never played to lose, I never play to lose, I lose of sure, but I don´t know a good player that plays to lose.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What's the point of playing if you're not going to win?

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the basis of the game is to win, if you have fun losing well I think I'm very different from myself I like to win I have fun that way

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so at all. I find a mixture of fun to win and the possibility to earn a lot of money makes it. I myself sometimes just want to win money, especially since I have put money myself and I measure my success in poker by my statistics and my wins and losses. And that's where the connection to the desire to win comes in. Since I play freerolls and thus do not directly bet my own money, I play much more often just to get into the final table as often as possible. Of course I also want to build up a bankroll but the desire to be better than others has grown through freerolls....

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, like most players, I play to win first and the fun comes from playing well. :cool:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I always play to win :))) , but a few times is happening :)