Is playing Stoned good for your game

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've smoked before playing and its a nice high if you win, if you lose then the trip gets bad.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about helping your game, but it would sure help my game if I were playing against you.

Most pros will discourage playing drunk, unless of course you want to give you money away. I would assume being high in any manner, would have similar outcomes, though to varying degrees, of course.
I was thinking same thing.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess it depends how you can handle your weed. i prefer a little buzzed bc it calms me and gets rid of m nerves. it can be intimidating sitting at a table. the best is when you are at a home game and everyone is inebriated and just giving their money away

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I`m stoned thats the best situation I`m playing very good, can read more cards and I dont get nervous at all on loses and I can play stability well.. thats good )))))))

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mr.Chow time haha.... I'm gonna give it a go right now... I be at 888 later

I

induce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're playing to win, you should definitely bring a sober mind and spirit

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get impatient really quick when playing long tournaments & that makes me play hands that shouldn't be played, if being stoned helps you with that then sure, not sure if it screws up your focus because I never smoked in my life.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
??

I have played stoned drunk and Ambien. Drunk was never really good. Stoned is not too bad. Ambien and Xanax was interesting and productive. I was calm and focused. but I was prescribed it. I am not saying go out and get some and try. I was just surprised at the results.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you should, I do not smoke and do not advise others.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So much excess marijuana in Oregon I think maybe I should start smoking some before my poker sessions ~@@~

Once I lost 2 months earnings after marijuana with a smile on my lips. That's bad idea.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it's good in any way, Imagine if playing alcohol is lousy.

sure you end up taking bad decisions

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm always willing to play with anyone, stoned, drunk or otherwise enhanced.:flute:
From the inside looking out is a different perspective from the outside looking in. The chips are a good scorecard.
Besides, whoever loses while under the influence is able to shrug it off more easily...

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only way to play,so much easier to fold:heeeellll

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play skyhigh. The Best ewer:laugh:

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just take some LSD and listen to this Grateful Dead song over and over each session.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker to replace drugs but once i got off probation i went for my cousins weed stash and got baked then registered some MTT, wasn't such a bad idea! I think i ended up winning a tournament that night so i continued to smoke while playing. I don't drink but i smoke enough to make up for it!

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've learned that it's better than drinking alcohol and playing. :D Definitely helps with patience. I believe I play better when I do though I have just started to do it.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend. Once I lost the whole bankroll with a smile on my mouth after marijuana. The next day I had a terrible moral hangover. :mad:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Such excess marijuana in Oregon I think maybe you should start smoking before some poker sessions @@ ~ ~
I've never smoked marijuana in us is prohibited:) . But I think that I would have a negative impact on the game. I think in most cases affects the poker

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and marijuana

I have a good friend who loves to make a puff before the game - another marijuana. I am calm and neutral about this. I don’t encourage or promote it. And I do not forbid it and do not take it negatively. The only thing I can advise on this issue is not to abuse it. This friend of mine always does a maximum of a couple of puffs and no more. In the game he is absolutely adequate, calm and when you need to be cheerful, witty and interesting. I also want to say that if marijuana is prohibited by law in your area, then you should not do this, in order to avoid unnecessary problems with the law. I urge everyone to be law-abiding citizens of their country and cheerful, good players:captain::captain::captain:

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play stoned, that's very good for my game. I've even had fish offer me a smoke during a game to slow down my win rate. I always decline.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that smoking pot after a successful session is a great idea, but I can't do it before or during the session. I have tried it before and I've found out that I cannot concentrate.

Top 10 Games