playing poker on a tablet good or bad?

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend plays one table at a time on his ipad but he only plays at pokerstars and it works out fine for him. Myself I like to play a few games at a time and often on different sites so I prefer my laptop of course. I agree with some of the other comments the ipad is nice to take out if you cant play from home.

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a pair inconveniences regarding the playing on tablet: small screen, where is uncomfortable to use history, HM and many tables. And sometimes an unstable connection. But you can finish long tournaments on the way when you must leave home. And register when you are late home and the match is beginning.

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Samsung is great for poker, Carbon & Bovada work great too bad winning poker network doesn't have a mobile version

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like playing poker on my tablet. My internet connection always breaks. And with the poker App, you don't see all the current games.

D

donal mooney

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad I used to use one but when on laptop you can search player info and see if there multi tabling and find stat on players when at a f/t see what kinda wins or losses they have

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good depends on the place but I think very good playing a notbook

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its good as you can move with the tablet on easily do some other stuff .

if you are playing on your PC and its not a tablet ... you are kind of stuck, mostly if you have few sessions at the same time

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problem playing on a tablet but it would be better if you were able to play MTT and not just cash tables.

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should own a tablet because you can take with you when you leave home.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is another topic with the same thread. I don't like anything but computers to play poker. But each one have its preference.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to learn poker in depth , at this moment, an android etc won't be helful. App has no note taking facility, no HUD , no colour coding and probably much more amiss. As most online strategies derive from HUD ranges , unless you've figured some basic strategy by using a HUD in the past, you will find a tablet or mobile tough going. Even playing tournaments, say multi tabling, working out M score in 10 seconds might tilt you. Right now, mobile/ tablet players are at an enormous , goliath disadvantage. GL .

this is a great comment.... so true...

however, i currently play exclusively on an android tablet... i sit all day in front of a computer at work and sitting at one at night doesn't thrill me... so, i lay in bed/sit on couch and play

i only play 1 table at a time, which, at my stage of poker experience/development is perfect... i've only been playing for a little over a year and have been mostly losing.... my graph has finally started to slope upwards...

i think a tablet is good, because i can focus on 1 table and it forces me to develop some kind of reading and observation skills... i think using a hud too soon may be a crutch... also, foucsing on 1 game can let me try out the stuff i am reading about...

but, taking into account your comments, if i ever feel like i have developed to the stage where i can multi table with focus i would definately use a PC and HUD.... i'm just not ready yet

i play small stakes and play for the love of the game... i have no delusions of making a living from poker, but if i was winning at a rate that allowed my bankroll to move up, i would consider switching to a PC...

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
playing with WIFI is a pain if you get disconnected a lot I prefer my hardline safer also I hear storys of hackers stealing pw from WIFI access so be carefull

D

DawnNuts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good investment and the tablet is good for so mush more.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing one table this way to fly if want be little more mobile around the house or playing on the go. Being comfortable can help in those long grinds.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing on multiple tables so I prefer playing at laptop.
But it's pretty OK for cases when you're are away from the house. At least PS have user-friendly tablet interface.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing league games on my IPAD. It frees up the computer for the kids to play Minecraft, and I can relax on the couch and watch TV or go to my room and lay down and play. Very relaxing. I also have an LG tablet, but it constantly loses connection between hands and is very annoying to play on with PokerStars. It does fine with Carbon.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried playing poker with my iphone and my tablet both I didn't like it for poker. I prefer the computer.