playing poker on a tablet good or bad?

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to play on the tablet because i can't handle the bets on the times i want, but its just a matter of getting used to it and i don't have patience. Anyways it gives great advantage on the use, you can play anywhere, but i don't use it too much. It really depends on the person, if you think you will think comfortable then buy it ;)

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time a pokerstars App in my phone saved my tournament life for me because my laptop overheat and shut down, while i had 3 BBs. I won few flips and continued the tournament :)

LgBassMan

LgBassMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time a pokerstars app in my phone saved my tournament life for me because my laptop overheat and shut down, while i had 3 BBs. I won few flips and continued the tournament :)

Solid fact right there. If you don't have a second computer than a tablet could save you as long as it wasn't a problem with your internet.

Also, my internet has gone down a few times during tournaments and my iphone has saved me. Even if you never plan to play poker on your phone, if you have the ability to install the PokerStars app it's great to have for peace of mind.

fiveohtwo502

fiveohtwo502

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So im going to buy a 10 inch tablet from walmart...its $179 with a quadcore and coems with a detachable keyboard. Ill let you know how it goes.

F

felder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So what was the consensus? Tablet play any good? I find that I dont get sound on mine through most sites.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players think that if opponent plays on a tablet-it is fish or loose player, dont know why.But it is very comfortable, I will make a present for myself on the New Year - new tablet. I buy it only for poker, because i an not use my work computer for it and cant to bring my computer with me, so tablet it is the best choise.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree just to play poker when you are not at home or as last resource when you are in a place without net or where nwt had failure.

Apart from that it's more recommended play in a computer.

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advantage of a tablet is it's potability while on the computer you can utilize the game's features to fullest.

One more thing, tablets are for light gamers while PCs are for hardcore players.

vvanns

vvanns

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it really not possible to have a hud on a tablet? Even on the fancy ones? I have a tablet, but I just bought it to read while I'm on the toilet lol

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it really not possible to have a hud on a tablet? Even on the fancy ones? I have a tablet, but I just bought it to read while I'm on the toilet lol
I don't know of a HUD that works on IOS or Android (doesn't mean that there ain't one tho :), just I don't know about it).

If you have a Windows tablet (NOT Windows RT) you can run most HUDs as you would on a PC.

Again, I don't know about PT but HEM2 has a cloud based version although I don't know if that has clients for IOS or Android. Take a look at their websites.

vvanns

vvanns

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will figure it out, because now when I play on Stars (not that much), I always target the tablet / cellphone symbols, because I assume they play without a HUD and so are 'easier' to play. Not always the case, but out of experience, I noticed that they stack off easy with a marginal holding.

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad because you dont have holdem manager or poker tracker!!!!

nsinalis11

nsinalis11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing on tablet years now no deference.

bodonk

bodonk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it's bad. If you play fixed limit games, you can play at almost full potential, but on the other games you're always gonna play worse than you could if you were using a computer. if you play micro stakes, I guess its fine but I wouldnt rely on a mobile device to play higher. What if you run our of battery, or get disconnected or the tablet freezes for some reason, you dont wanna lose big pots because of a damn tablet. It's also extremely annoying to use your thumbs to place bets and such...
Pc master race :p!!

vvanns

vvanns

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I got this from another forum: you can run a HUD on a tablet, but you need a very good one and one with Windows or something:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/45631-mobile-tablet-holdem-manager.html

'Well, to run the poker clients or HEM will not only require a Windows tablet, but one of considerable horsepower. While Microsoft has entered the tablet fray, Android and iOS are ruling the tablet roost, and IMO Windows 7 (unless they cut it way down or use Windows Mobile) is too fat for typical tablet hardware. And if they cut it down much or use WM, you'll find it incompatible with HEM anyway. Not to mention that HEM+PostgreSQL are considerable resource hogs on their own (especially in I/O, not even talking about the CPU cycles the HUD requires). To run Windows on a tablet well enough to support that is going to require more hardware and thus a less portable footprint than current Android/iOS devices, and I don't think the public will accept that.

People are having some success with using their Android/iOS tablets as a Remote Desktop client to control a desktop PC running HEM and poker clients. It's not without its frustrations however, both due to the lag of the remote connection and the fact that poker clients tend not to be finger friendly on such a small screen (bet sliders and such). '

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good. Pokerstars app has support for 4 tables, but check first on their website to make sure it works with the tablet you're thinking of buying. Maybe even contact support and ask specifically.

SloPowers

SloPowers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the only option, a tablet is not bad but if I had the choice of tablet or laptop, laptop wins! There just isn't the room to move around on a tablet... and you can't really multi-table. Just my opinion.

3cent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only 4 tables max on most tablets running android.

only the most expensive samsung s tablets have split screen and thats only split in two

how do you play 4 tables on android tablets?

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like. I play on the tablet only when I'm away from home or when traveling. I like to see how many players are there, which place I am, how many chips have first ... the tablet is all very complicated. I do not like because it is on the screen touch and very often accidentally pay a hand which I do not want or miss some which I wont came in. On the laptop as well as on their computers using the mouse.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see anything wrong with playing on your tablet, as long as you got good connection and not getting thrown out and folding good cards, the only reason I dont like to is you cant use alot of software, Huds and such on tablets or sites give a lesser mobile version that has less options, but besides that and if you dont use extra software anyway. I see no problem with it.

M

mrmochapb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play on my note doesnt matter but on borgata poker then only allow u to play tournaments on a desktop or laptop not via mobile

Y

YouPay4MyCrack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a good idea, more play = more experience = you're better.

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very good because you can play your favorite pokers along from home, you can play on the way to the robot and back again it all depends on your point of access to the Web .

O

oooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play most of the time thru my iphone. I can tell you that sometimes the 3G will get you upset, but besides that, its all fine. Max 4 tables in the phone app for pokerstars.