vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have direct experience with 3 different brands of plastic cards.

I have several decks of Fournier cards that I have been very pleased with. I received them as a promotional item. I love them. They remain my go-to deck for most games. Very durable. My only complaint, every deck I received has an identical back, so I can't use two of them at the same time to speed up dealing at a table. I usually use one of them and a deck of my Copags, if we play two decks. We often just play one deck though. Edit: This is of course a problem I have solely because of how I got the cards. If you buy them yourself, you'll be able to get decks with different color backs.

My Copags have been very good to me, as well. I actually bought them because I played a weekly private game (which ran 8-12 hours every Friday) that used Copags. The cards were abused every week. Players would bend them practically 90 degrees while looking at their hole cards, set their wet beer bottles on top of them, mess up shuffling and send them flying onto the concrete floor, and similar things. Each table had two decks, so each deck probably got an average of 5 hours a week played from it. Those decks only had to be replaced every 10-11 months, and that was just because the owner was particular and wanted to keep playing with new looking cards. He would sell the old decks (for $2 each) to help pay part of the new deck costs. And, those old decks were still just fine to play with for a very long time after. I was impressed with how durable the cards were and how they felt when playing.

I recently grabbed a couple decks of the new Bicycle plastic cards. I haven't had a chance to play with them, aside from a few hands with the kiddo. They seem pretty decent. I think they'll hold up over time, but you can never really tell.

I've heard good thinks about KEM, but I've never been able to play with them. I am tempted to buy a couple decks, but I honestly have more plastic decks than I can justify right now. I don't play live often enough to ever approach opening many of my backup decks. I guess that's a problem I shouldn't be too upset to have.

Edit: Oh, at one point, someone gave me a deck of the clear plastic playing cards (by Hoyle or Bicycle I think... not the new Bicycle Prestige series). They were pretty horrible. They didn't hold up at all when played with. They also looked horrible and the lack of color differentiation between the faces and the backs slowed down the game because it was hard to immediately spot cards that were flipped. I think we tried playing with them for 20-30 minutes before we scrapped them for a better deck. I would rather play with paper cards, and I hate playing with paper cards!

Last edited:
JohnnyF

JohnnyF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got 2 Kem decks for x-mas!I am satisfied with it.

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i was searching for something diff n found this site

fathom.jpg

http://www.ellusionist.com/playing-cards