Plastic playing cards

quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The brand name escapes but I try to use those specially made cards, ya know, the ones that deal the most A's. But for the life of me I can never remember their name. So I use Bee or Bicycle. But really, for me any brand will do as long they're fairy used and not too slippery/slidey (PIA to deal that way.)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, that sheds some light. Maybe we've even played at the same table before, that is if u play 2/3...

Quite possibly :)

2/3 was my regular game when they still offered it - they've changed it a bit now, it's either 1/3 or 2/4 (so I'm mostly playing 1/3).

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ScreenHunter 96 Jun 19 1645

thinking about getting these...10 mins left to bid...hmmmmm worth a tenner?

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buyem thats a great deal for kems !!!

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
didnt get the kem's got outbid in the last 2 seconds... C**T

Got these beauts earlier today though, aren't they sexy as...

ScreenHunter 97 Jun 19 1700

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats wrong with bicycle?? are they not durable enough??

barracuuuda

barracuuuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I have a few pokerstar brand decks from the promotional store back when pokerstars was availible for u.s these decks can last for a lifetime.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how long can these decks last that we are talking about??

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how long can these decks last that we are talking about??

Back in the day, long long ago, when we had a fanatical bridge group, and were playing well over 8 hours a day, every day, we would get over a year from a deck of Kems. At the time Bicycle decks would last a couple of weeks at best.

Bridge plays faster than poker, so as for a number of shuffles, I would think the differences is an easy 30+ to 1 (plastic to cardboard).

I inherited a box of decks of cards and haven't bought a fresh deck in at least 20 years, so what they are like now could easily have changed.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just received a two pack of Modiano peek index cards. I already like them more than my Copaqs, and Kems. Which I already have.

They seem more substantial and they slide better. They're just a better card.

-

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah I have a few pokerstar brand decks from the promotional store back when pokerstars was availible for u.s these decks can last for a lifetime.

Yeah I got a pokerstars copag deck a while ago and they are nice cards but I'm not too keen on the back design, abit tacky with all the jumbled words 'flush' 'deal' straight 'burn' bladdy blah..good quality though.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just received a two pack of Modiano peek index cards. I already like them more than my Copaqs, and Kems. Which I already have.

They seem more substantial and they slide better. They're just a better card.

-

Was looking at them today, like an italian version of kem/copag...not too expensive either, just below the price range of copag, take some pics man, the ones on ebay dont look that great.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah I got a pokerstars copag deck a while ago and they are nice cards but I'm not too keen on the back design, abit tacky with all the jumbled words 'flush' 'deal' straight 'burn' bladdy blah..good quality though.

I quite like the back design, but then I am weird :D

I love the smell of the cards :D

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quite like the back design, but then I am weird :D

I love the smell of the cards :D

Lol I'm sniffing them just now coz I've never did that before......yes you are bloody weird :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes I am :D

They do smell nice tho don't they :)

One day I went to the pub with a few friends and we happened to be sitting by the toilets and I could smell bleach. I said I love the smell of bleach and one of my friends said god Sarah you are so weird :D

One thing I miss with having the kindle is the smell of a new book. I always waft the pages to get a good wiff :D

Enough of my weirdness now, I think I have said too much :p

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah they smell epic tbh, you have taken my new card obsession to the next level, I will deffo sniff my new decks when they arrive and be in new plastic wiffy heaven haha......bleach is minging ya weirdo :D ....could have been worse though, especially sitting next to a toilet haha.......yep agree with kindles and books, most of my poker books are on adobi/kindle, will hopefully get them all in book in time :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah they smell epic tbh, you have taken my new card obsession to the next level, I will deffo sniff my new decks when they arrive and be in new plastic wiffy heaven haha......bleach is minging ya weirdo :D ....could have been worse though, especially sitting next to a toilet haha.......yep agree with kindles and books, most of my poker books are on adobi/kindle, will hopefully get them all in book in time :)

Yea could of been a lot worse sitting next to the toilets :)

Books are dead now since the kindle was born, me dad used to lose his cool with me books scattered everywhere, not now tho. Kindles are good for that reason :)

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kem are a bit costy but my dad gave me a set up of 2 decks about 7 yrs ago and they are still in excellent condition , just need to be cleaned on occassion

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was looking at them today, like an italian version of kem/copag...not too expensive either, just below the price range of copag, take some pics man, the ones on ebay dont look that great.

-

A

Ashley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play with these plastic play cards. Let me know that the quality of them.

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I bought a pack of royal plastic playing cards, which I was not happy with as most of the cards were marked or had some dents in them. One pack had a hole in one of the cards. I am getting refunded on them and wont be buying them again. I have now ordered copaq pokerstars and I am still waiting for them to be delivered.

What cards do you have?

Piatnik are the cards which I prefer.

Last edited:
shep222

shep222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KEM seem best

Its been a while, but when I ran a local poker room, KEM cards really had the best durability. I had more problems with players messing them up by tearing them or getting them wet over the cards not lasting because of use.
As a rule, I would replace them about every 4 months.
They are more expensive than other brands, but I think they are worth the extra bucks.

Shep

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I too have ordered royal plastic card and i got them and they are very good and no damaged pieces have been delivered to me.
methoxy polyethylene glycol

Your lucky then. I did notice they do bend further after use, so not as durable as I thought.

I certainly will never buy these again, I hope you have better luck with yours.