EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Recently I bought a pack of royal plastic playing cards, which I was not happy with as most of the cards were marked or had some dents in them. One pack had a hole in one of the cards. I am getting refunded on them and wont be buying them again. I have now ordered copaq pokerstars and I am still waiting for them to be delivered.

What cards do you have?

J

JUDGE1018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
copags r the best plastic playing cards for your money.

J

JUDGE1018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also i buy them at discount poker.com 2 decks for 15bucks.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im going to be going to macao in china next month for vacation and im going to be getting the best pokerstars or ept suitacase of chips and professional cards. i really need that so i can invite all my friends that suck at poker to my house and take all their money. HEHHEHEE.lol

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use Copags at work and at home, they're absolutely fine. I'm not convinced they're the best cards on the market (in particular the print tends to fade with heavy use) but they shuffle really well and they're reasonably long lasting. If you're just using them for home games they should last you for years.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My cards have just arrived and I love them :))))

Agreed copag are a great make of plastic playing cards and not too expensive @£6.98

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Copags are fine for sure but I use KEMs and I love them because they last long and are very durable. Even though KEM is about double the prize of Copags I would recommend KEMs as well if anyone can't find Copags.

BLACKSTACK

BLACKSTACK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How are copaqs compared to bicycle brand? Also has anyone tried the 4 color deck?

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never tried royal plastic cards, but I always liked KEM playing cards.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You haven't missed anything with the royal plastic cards. They are very cheap and it shows lol.

You get what you pay for :)

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My cards have just arrived and I love them :))))
You got them the next day. That is fast! How long did you have to wait for them?
How are copaqs compared to bicycle brand?
Do they last way longer? I only have Bicycle cards at home and they do not get used very much anymore now that I am playing online. Even home games are played 'battleship' style on PokerStars Home Games.

Can you put up a picture on here of what the cards look like?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You got them the next day. That is fast! How long did you have to wait for them?

Do they last way longer? I only have Bicycle cards at home and they do not get used very much anymore now that I am playing online. Even home games are played 'battleship' style on PokerStars Home Games.

Can you put up a picture on here of what the cards look like?

They were despatched Friday and they arrived today. I will put pics of them up after as I have to charge my phone. I am not sure about if they last longer than bicycle as I have never used them.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here as promised is the cards, sorry was going to put them up last night but I had the message I could not post as I had already posted 10 times :)

Attachments

• photo0080.jpg
    photo0080.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 147
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here as promised is the cards, sorry was going to put them up last night but I had the message I could not post as I had already posted 10 times :)
Nice! deck.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just hope I get that hand when I play with them for real :D

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thought I would show you the royals and show why I did not like them.

Attachments

• photo0082.jpg
    photo0082.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 141
  • photo0083.jpg
    photo0083.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 140
  • photo0087.jpg
    photo0087.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 140
  • photo0088.jpg
    photo0088.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 143
MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U can't go wrong with Copaq or KEM

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know if I have ever even seen Copaq's, but I used to play bridge, a lot, and the decks get shuffled much more in bridge than in poker, and we all loved KEM.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I grew up playing with. These are Vintage (that makes me feel old) KEM Normandie Club cellulose acetate playing cards from the '70s. We had five decks of them, three green and two brown (black).
KEM Normandie 85
I didn't think there was anything remarkable about them when I was growing up. They were just the cards we played with at my house. We never played with a pack of Bicycle cards, or Bees, or Aviators, just these. What I didn't find remarkable, but do in hindsight, is that I remember my father having these cards from the time I was four or five. They weren't in boxes. Each deck was held together using a rubber band. My father was very specific as to how the rubber band should be wrapped around each deck so as not to damage the cards. We were still using those same decks of cards when I was seventeen. I actually found two decks (one green and one black) in a drawer at my parents house in GA when I was about twenty-five. They probably hadn't been used in some years at that point. I know the five decks we had received regular use over the years when I was growing up and what I would consider to be heavy use for a couple of years in there. I'd say they held up extremely well.

Over the years, as I saw how fast normal playing cards wore out, I would wonder where my father had gotten those amazing playing cards that had lasted so many years. One day I came across a picture of a deck of vintage KEM cards from the mid '30s that looked very familiar to me. I looked further into KEM cards and found that the cards pictured came from the Normandie Club in early '70s. The Normandie Club is the oldest Southern California card club in existence and is located in the city of Gardena, Ca., where I was born.

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what I grew up playing with. These are Vintage (that makes me feel old) KEM Normandie Club cellulose acetate playing cards from the '70s. We had five decks of them, three green and two brown (black).
View attachment 49106
I didn't think there was anything remarkable about them when I was growing up. They were just the cards we played with at my house. We never played with a pack of Bicycle cards, or Bees, or Aviators, just these. What I didn't find remarkable, but do in hindsight, is that I remember my father having these cards from the time I was four or five. They weren't in boxes. Each deck was held together using a rubber band. My father was very specific as to how the rubber band should be wrapped around each deck so as not to damage the cards. We were still using those same decks of cards when I was seventeen. I actually found two decks (one green and one black) in a drawer at my parents house in GA when I was about twenty-five. They probably hadn't been used in some years at that point. I know the five decks we had received regular use over the years when I was growing up and what I would consider to be heavy use for a couple of years in there. I'd say they held up extremely well.

Over the years, as I saw how fast normal playing cards wore out, I would wonder where my father had gotten those amazing playing cards that had lasted so many years. One day I came across a picture of a deck of vintage KEM cards from the mid '30s that looked very familiar to me. I looked further into KEM cards and found that the cards pictured came from the Normandie Club in early '70s. The Normandie Club is the oldest Southern California card club in existence and is located in the city of Gardena, Ca., where I was born.
thats an amazing story man. so cool that you found the deck. its wierd how sometimes we grow up and suddenly start appreciating things differently. keep those cards safe man. thanks for sharing that lovely story with us.:icon_thum

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wow that is an amazing story and they look in mint condition

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thats an amazing story man. so cool that you found the deck. its wierd how sometimes we grow up and suddenly start appreciating things differently. keep those cards safe man. thanks for sharing that lovely story with us.:icon_thum

Wow that is an amazing story and they look in mint condition

Unfortunately that picture is not a picture of my cards. Mine have been gone for quite some time now, I presume lost in a move back in 2000. Because I don't have the actual cards anymore, the story is my way explaining how I know where they came from and what timeframe they existed between. I would expect some people to be skeptical if I simply said that my family played with the same five decks of cards for over 12 years and that two decks still existed another 7 or 8 years after the last time I remembered playing with them. Plus, I've always written like a writer (I've been told more than once that I should write a book). So if you knew how much time I spent sitting here playing poker trying to remember exactly what these cards looked like, trying to picture the Aces and remember if there was any manufacturer information printed on them, you'd know that it's only natural that I put a fraction of that thought into telling you about them. On top of that, it's 6AM and I'm extremely bored.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use Copags at work and at home, they're absolutely fine. I'm not convinced they're the best cards on the market (in particular the print tends to fade with heavy use) but they shuffle really well and they're reasonably long lasting. If you're just using them for home games they should last you for years.

Next time I come down to Melbourne and hit the poker room at Crown, I gotta find ya mate. Never met a cardschat member yet.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next time I come down to Melbourne and hit the poker room at Crown, I gotta find ya mate. Never met a cardschat member yet.

I don't actually work at Crown - I work for a private company that does corporate functions etc. I play at Crown semi-regularly though :)

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't actually work at Crown - I work for a private company that does corporate functions etc. I play at Crown semi-regularly though :)

Ah, that sheds some light. Maybe we've even played at the same table before, that is if u play 2/3...