Phil Laak to attempt poker endurance record

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
115 hours of nonstop poker! Wowzer. Thats very impressive. I sure couldn't have done it.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice, he finished up +4K or something.

C

Colonel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just thinking about that makes my back hurt.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh... I feel pretty sure there was a LOT more riding on this one than the +4K he cleared.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh... I feel pretty sure there was a LOT more riding on this one than the +4K he cleared.

No doubt. I wouldnt be surprised if he clears more then 250k in prop bets for makin it past 100 hrs. I havent read anything about it tho so....

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is he still going? If he keeps it up I think he'll make it to 130 hrs if he's still in it. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets hospitalized for attempting to break this record. Hope he ends up alright, GL Laak. :)

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's finished. He stopped at 115 hours. Pretty impressive.

Mike1Nap4

Mike1Nap4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought he was going to stop at 90-95 hours. Didn't think he would go 100+. I can barely stay awake for 20 hours let alone over 100!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's finished. He stopped at 115 hours. Pretty impressive.
So if I wanted to break this record, how will I go about it. I bet I cant just web cam myself and play online pokahs.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty sure I can do 4 to 5 days in a dark room with only my computer on and some Lays Barbeque potato chips and a few pitchers of water. Prop bet MAYBE?

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Laak got the Guinness Book of World Records involved. You would have to contact them to make it official. Knowing them, they would probably make an Online record and a Live record a separate deal.

One of the stipulations with Phil was the game had to keep going, so if the table broke up and there was no players to take the place of the players that left, he would have failed. Which is why he choose the first week of the wsop. There should be more poker players in LV at this time than any other. Online you wouldn't really face that problem, unless they wouldn't let you change tables.

So contact Guinness and tell them you want to set or break the online world record.

That would actually be pretty cool if someone from CC did get Guinness involved and took a shot at an online endurance record.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll have to think about it.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the stipulations with Phil was the game had to keep going, so if the table broke up and there was no players to take the place of the players that left, he would have failed. Which is why he choose the first week of the WSOP. There should be more poker players in LV at this time than any other.

I think if he publicized it a little bit, he would have no trouble finding people willing to play even on a regular weekend. And it might be many people's only chance to have an edge on Phil Laak :)

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was about to say this was crazy! But, it was Phil Laak. I tuned in to the Ustream live feeds by "Ace Jones". Was there ever a point where he sat down after 80 hours? Someone in the chat said that Phil's record would be broken in a year. I think Phil has set the bar pretty high and I doubt anyone will get close any time soon.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know if there is going to be coverage of the aftermath? As in, how many hours he sleeps, what he does, etc etc.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty sure I can do 4 to 5 days in a dark room with only my computer on and some Lays Barbeque potato chips and a few pitchers of water. Prop bet MAYBE?

Phil Laak is nuts, I'm not surprised that he would try to accomplish this. I wonder what's next on his agenda?

LOL @ Lays BBQ chips! Those are the bomb, I can eat those like there's no tomorrow HaHa

I've stayed up for 5 days straight before. I didn't actually try to stay up but it just happened. It's been like 10 years since I did that but it was easy actually. Just some good ass shrooms & time flies by :marchmell :elefant:

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if there is going to be coverage of the aftermath? As in, how many hours he sleeps, what he does, etc etc.

Keep watching his twitter imo, he'll most likely update the aftermath there.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He was doing it for the sunshine camp charity. Tons of people were donating, etc. (ie Frederick B just donated half of his poker winnings from the night to CampSunshine $400) Wonder how much he ended up raising.

rofl:

Woke up - had 2 bowls of cereal, then as an after thought had a ham sandwich. Thinking about going to play some 10/20 at the Bellagio. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice accomplishment, a tad crazy wild, but as pointed out by coolnout it raised monies for a worthy charity.

Kebo11K

Kebo11K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure there are many freaks out there that will break this within the next year if not the next month.