Phil Laak to attempt poker endurance record

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as some people say he wont be physically/mentally harmed in the long run from this.... I really dont think the body is ment to run non-stop and some seriously adverse effects might happen if he doesnt stop at 100 or 110.
Yeah but if you are not in any way harming yourself with your actions, you are not having fun.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'm the record holder then, 78 hours??????, I once never left a table for at least 4 days. In fact I called my girlfriend and she was telling me I'm so full of chit, nobody sits at a poker table for 4 days, who are you with !
Well I just read the thread further, and it seems he broke my record, lol.:cheers:
Actually its pathetic when the dealer has to wake you whern its your turn to act.:(

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As much as some people say he wont be physically/mentally harmed in the long run from this.... I really dont think the body is ment to run non-stop and some seriously adverse effects might happen if he doesnt stop at 100 or 110.

96 hours is only 4 days.. I've gone 4 days with no sleep before. I've gamed for just over 60 hours straight once before as well. I don't see it doing any damage to him in the long run... as long as he doesn't make not sleeping for 4 days, sleeping for 8-10 hours, then not sleeping for 4 days again, and make that a habit.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has allegedly gone out to jog on his current break. Lol.. I think he is great.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gz 101 hours and still going? wtfz

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am assuming he is all done? No one has been in his chair for a while... Is he having a shower break again?

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just watched for couple of hours he just lost a big ass pot aswell :(

im going 2 sleep just what phil needs 2 do soon :)

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laak is seriously redefining the concept of getting a second wind. He must truly be in some sort of altered state by now. This reminds me of a Native American Vision Quest, poker style.

He does a column for Poker Pro magazine so I imagine/hope he will be writing a column about this experience in the near future.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pretty sure I read that he's got his doctor on hand keeping an eye on that stuff.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holy crap I would die after 60 hours.... He must be on some amphetamine type stuff... or somethin.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
109:30 mins. He's officially sick in the head. :)

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
114 hours and still going strong he is def insane lmao

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely this guy is off his rocker imo.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
96 hours is only 4 days.. I've gone 4 days with no sleep before. I've gamed for just over 60 hours straight once before as well. I don't see it doing any damage to him in the long run... as long as he doesn't make not sleeping for 4 days, sleeping for 8-10 hours, then not sleeping for 4 days again, and make that a habit.

Well that explains it then! ;)
Most going this long won't realize the damage once the damage has been done...... they're oblivious to it.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its over. 115 Hours. Color me impressed

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He gonna age at least 5 years in these 5 days. Crazy guy.

Z

Zeromaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that phil laak want to play 150h of poker without sleep it's that possible?:)

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me this record seems more impressive. First of all he played heads up the whole time. Second he only took a fifteen minute break every eight hours, not one every hour. And there was no mention of shower breaks. Props for staying awake that long but the poker playing thing is iffy imo.

i think it'd be easier to play heads up...you have more action to keep you awake

smurray139

smurray139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's finished with it now according to his Twitter.