Phil Laak to attempt poker endurance record

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is awesome that he had a real reason for doing it (in raising money for the charity). I will be pulling for him during this wsop, even though I have always thought of him a one of my favorite poker personalities. GJ Phil:congrats:

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, this guy is a nut job.

All he did was finish in the black, what does it really all mean to play hours and hours, I play to have fun AND win...not log hours
sorry, I hope his eyes fall out of his head.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I find it ironic that you call Phil Laak a "nut job", yet you have Mr. Peanut as your avatar, ugotkicked, lol. ;)

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember a heads up endurance attempt

This challenge has been extraordinary considering that he played a relative high stakes 6 max ring mode. I saw him battling with well known players too for a good number of pots.
However last year another man, I don't remember the name, made a similar endurance record but sit in an heads up table playing different opponents that kept on changing. Although he didn't last as much as Phil Laak, I have to recognize that in 6 max you have occasional pauses that can be helpful while in heads up play you have to maintain a good level of concentration continuously.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All he did was finish in the black, what does it really all mean to play hours and hours, I play to have fun AND win...not log hours
sorry, I hope his eyes fall out of his head.

It's impossible to play "A" game poker for 115 hours straight. He set an endurance goal and surpassed it, while raising money for charity. I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.

workinonit

workinonit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have to think about it.

Ha I'd definitely give you action

I'm still not sure if I think this is more impressive than the previous record. I mean obviously he went for longer and the length of time he played for is insane, but I'm pretty sure the other guy was playing HU for the entire period, which takes a lot more mental effort than Laak nitting it up for 115 hours

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it ironic that you call Phil Laak a "nut job", yet you have Mr. Peanut as your avatar, ugotkicked, lol. ;)

HaHa!

Yea, it's very ironic LOL good catch man :top:

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing he made it that long. When I was at the party poker Big Game in April he played for about 36 hours and I was commentating in the booth most of that time. When I talked to Phil at some of the breaks and after the show, he looked like a train wreck. I have to take my hat off to him, that's amazing and I suspect that is a record that will last for quite some time. Way to go Phil!!

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I followed the event on webcam. I respect this record. 115 hours...I think I couldt reach half of it. :)

K

Kidsoldja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats impressive, you would think his body would have automatically shut down at the 80-90hr mark..i wonder how many cases of redbull he had.lol

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many of you think you could do that? I sure don't think I could have. What a goal set by Laak.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats impressive, you would think his body would have automatically shut down at the 80-90hr mark..i wonder how many cases of redbull he had.lol

He has a personal trainer (that several of the pros use) who delivered meals to him so I'm fairly positive that he also did some other endurance pre-training prior to undertaking this feat.

J

JThomp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
who wakes up saying lets try to break a poker record, i played online once for six days

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My record's 36, but I wasn't trying for a record, wasn't tired at the end of it.

I'm pretty sure twice that is easily doable, especially if poker is a passion and you're setting out to do it.

I was just having a very interesting session. Then I recovered my lost 14 buy-ins and left. LOL.

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My record's 36, but I wasn't trying for a record, wasn't tired at the end of it.

I'm pretty sure twice that is easily doable, especially if poker is a passion and you're setting out to do it.

I was just having a very interesting session. Then I recovered my lost 14 buy-ins and left. LOL.
That's a long time to me. I get bored of poker after playing for 6 hours, I couldn't imagine doing what Phil Laak did. 115 hours of poker, that's just unbelievable to me.

djkismet

djkismet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
115 hrs!!!! thats badass! i cant wait to hear how much he made off of prop bets cus he's the captain of prop bets!!!

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
115 hours, WoW. Congrats to Phil Laak, wonder if he thought it was worth it. I'm pretty sure he's getting more than the 4K he cleared i'm guessing at least a quarter million. 115 hours of live poker is amazing, congrats on that again. GL to him at the wsop if he'll be participating, and to anyone else on CC participating in the wsop. :)

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
115 hrs!!!! thats badass! i cant wait to hear how much he made off of prop bets cus he's the captain of prop bets!!!
I think he made alot off of prop bets too. I only knew of 2 prop bets that he accepted but I'm sure there were alot more. I'm surprised that he went 115 hours, that's just unbelievable.

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cking?

why would any man want to be away from her for a few days? lol just wondering out loud! gl at the tables! happy fathers day all!:D

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why would any man want to be away from her for a few days? lol just wondering out loud! gl at the tables! happy fathers day all!:D
Well its for a record and he made it past his record and he wanted to keep going and going, he also got some extra cash for them so it might of been worth all that time.