Patience an important skill?

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I thing patience is one of most important in poker,without of patience you can't be a good player or win in a tournament,player must know to wait cards ,and fold many times if he need,and wait a good hand.......

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
even cards like two aces or two kings have to throw in some situations !!! therefore patience is very important when playing poker !!!!

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think It is the most important characteristics of a poker player, without patience you would like to go broke it may be cash games or tournament..... BUT there are some hyper tournament where the pace of the tournament is fast, in this case i dont think that patience is that much important rather you should choose your spot for making good profits

M

Mateuzao VS

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is because if ypu not have it to bluff in the right time you can lose a lot of money the same way that you can win a lot of money if you have it.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah your right, patience is a major key element in staying focused and keeping up the concentration levels.

A

avderevo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT tournaments patience is a very important skill. Throughout the tournament you need to have great concentration, to monitor the actions of the players at the table

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also believe patience is kind of a confidence. it's definitely not waiting for premium hands but it's more knowing what to do when and that definitely comes with other skills like reading and so. without patience you might not be a very successful tournament player but if you have courage and reading skills then you might be a very good cash player like dwan and isildur are the best examples. they both are skillful players but not that much successful tournament players and in the long term i believe a pro needs to hone both those skills in order not to go broke like both of those guys did!

N

nafanyalg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience first of all, in poker patience is the key to success. The ability to wait good position and play correctly, are key factors.

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to say if it's the MOST important thing in poker. I think it's at least part of the skillset you need to be a profitable player, amongst bankroll management, having a good strategy, being able to control your emotions, etc.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is definitely important, but not the most important to me. Reading opponents carries the most weight for me. How they represent themselves preflop and postflop is what I look for, especially if I have a history on the player. I don't use software, and don't even know what it would tell me. I guess I'm a simple player playing a simple style.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is great says Playful but slow playin has no place in poker unless u r in the wsop lol:p

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I ue patience when I am trying to make it ITM, I put patience to the side after being ITM and going for the throat, oops, the win.

E

emarcolino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely an essential skill, but I wouldn't say the most important.
It's no use having all patience in the world and not developing the technichal parts of the game.

And be careful not to think playing excessively tight is synonym to being patient.

F

FapToBbIu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is very important skill in poker

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunno if its the most important skill, but to me its certainly the most powerful. Patience gives good rewards, much better than good cards with dry board.

M

MaartenB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think patience is the most important key to succes on this level of poker.:eek:

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impatience will only get you into trouble. :)

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is very important,but the skill help sometimes...

G

GummiStarZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. thats the definition of patience. that is perfectly in tune with how winning poker is played

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience - it is very important in poker. One minus - the chips run out :).

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I wish I had more patience on my game when I am losing at cash games or tournaments , wait for the better hands to come and not go easily on tilt or al in , that's sth I am working on . Sure patience is very important , you must have it to level up , face the bad beats , the losses , the bad plays/your mistakes , the donkeys , a lot of things/factors demand patience to be dealt , gain experience and learn to play better and have better results /winnings .

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience can be defined as a virtue of maintaining a balanced emotional control, without losing its calm, over time. Having Patience basically consists in having tolerance for mistakes or unwanted facts. It is the ability to endure hassles and difficulties of any order, anytime or anywhere. It is the ability to persist in a difficult activity, maintaining tranquility and believing that you will achieve what you want, to be perseverant, to wait for the right time for certain attitudes. I've lost several angry hands.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly, patience is one of the key qualities in poker. Patience - that delay (wait for a good hand with the lowest risk), and self-control (not to show his excitement) and restraint (not to succumb to provocations) and cool (not reply to outright rudeness), and more. All the patience and good luck in the game and in life.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that patience is one of the most important skills in poker.