for me it's the most important skill
but when you play turbo; any good hand is good to play

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the biggest problem for me and also tilt, help me tell me how to deal with it

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is very important in poker! Never despair!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just patiernce..

Patience is important, but not the most important factor in poker. Experience, position, opponents tendencies, and getting a decent run of non-variance are also important. Patience is very important, but can be a double-edged sword.
If other players take notes or are observant, you can get a reputation as super tight; others won't bet into your hands, etc.

Patience has it's place, but you lose a lot of opportunities by being overly patient, "why did I throw that away, those connectors before the flop.."

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looking back at the initial post, I am wondering "patience relative to what?"
Waiting for the cards to be dealt? Waiting for a pair of prime hole cards? Waiting to make a snap call? You need time to make a good decision weighing all the facts. Running out the clock is not patience..it's running out the clock so that other players get knocked out increasing your odds of getting into the money. In other words, patience and "optimal use of time" are not the same things in my book.:D

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just patiernce..

Patience is important, but not the most important factor in poker. Experience, position, opponents tendencies, and getting a decent run of non-variance are also important. Patience is very important, but can be a double-edged sword.
If other players take notes or are observant, you can get a reputation as super tight; others won't bet into your hands, etc.

Patience has it's place, but you lose a lot of opportunities by being overly patient, "why did I throw that away, those connectors before the flop.."