Patience an important skill?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, patience. And in the tournament and the cache. Everywhere sidish and delaesh fold, fold, fold. Is shorter wait for an over card, or small or medium pocket card. But with a very big raise with a pocket pair of medium and small nepodhodit card game.

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience... patience.... patience ....... all in! :)

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is is the main thing in poker without it your gone, trust me when i dont have patience i always will loose 75% of the time

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes all the patience you can put forth. I have sit in tournys and fold almost every hand for the first hour. All I would catch was enough hands to stay even with the chips I started with. The same is true at cash tables. However, there have been times when I would call with hands I should not have in the first place and lose. Patience is something that everyone has to practise at all times. GL to you

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think is the greatest skill, because poker isn't just about waiting the best hand to shove. The art of poker is to know when to bluf, when to be patience and when to make people go into your game.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is the best to play poker, but I can not be patient to play the right way

victory22422

victory22422

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On my opinion, patience as important in poker as math skills.

B

babaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to go deep into Mtts you need to pick your spots to get your chips in, play boring poker being patient and tight....once your stack is big then you can loosen up a bit if you choose too. I once was left with 119 chips early on in a tourney and manged to go deep just bubbling the final table. A Chip and a Chair!

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience is important skill! Patient is very important skill/

WHY? Patience is as important like raise skill or bluff skill!
Everyone write that this is important! Agree with it/ But wat is patience?

Is waiting for good/very good starting hand is a skill?
U get AK.off flop JT4 rivals make raise, where is yr patince? u fold, and wait next 20 hand for KK/ making raise everyone folds :D , but remember about patience, its very important. So, u sit at the table where every1 have 4x,- 10x more chips then U, AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ is not coming! u r UTG and have chips enough only to call, having QT u r calling and lose against a pair of K/

But u must be patient and next time im sure u win/

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is as important as patience to understanding this sentence.

MARE12KING

MARE12KING

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would tell that patience is possibly the most important skills in poker!

Of course, it doesn't mean to seat and wait Aces to jump in a hand.. it means that you should wait the right moment to play firstly based on position and cards.

Sometimes it takes several or many folded hands in a row, but then patience gets his full importance ;)

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lack of patience with obnoxious players usually ends up with patients. :)

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the patience is the most valuable skill in poker. Patience is one of the hardest skills for me to learn especially in tournaments. Thats why its most valuable for me.

E

Esanu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is: patience-50% , science-30% , good luck-20 %!

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is extremely important, and it manifests in multiple ways. Not only do you need patience at the table, you also need patience with regards to your bankroll. Too many players, especially at the micros, get frustrated with the slow grind and try to take too many shots.

E

eudaimonia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is THE skill in poker.

johnxaitafe

johnxaitafe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience may be the most important of all assets.for me it separates to 2 different ''patiences''.the first has to do with the slow playing you the same doing to yourself and to others and the second is about folding potentially strong hands when you really believe you not better from the opponent

G

guch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah patience deff is one of the mOst important skill , you need to find right spot at the right time to squeeze or wake up with the hand and find more than just simple line get it in. Its really important dont spazz when you deep in tourney.

L

LMStanding

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patiently waiting for the hand or patiently waiting for the perfectly timed bluff.

What’s unbelievable is I just finished watching Dwan Bluff 83off suit with 133k.

LM

F

fleeskies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I lack the patience part and it has cost me lots of good placements in tournaments, I have been lucky to win lots of seats but when I play those tournaments I tend to mess it up. :eek:

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is very important as far as his ability

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being 'patient' is not just waiting for a good hand, being patient is watching your opponents and 'waiting to pounce'..

B

Bigus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea patience is very important. You also should know when to bluff.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About a Yr ago I printed out the word , PATIENCE on my label maker and put it above the screen on my laptop. So yeah I thing patience and well timed aggression are two of the most important habits to have.

W

wellsouza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is a Virtue

i think Patience can be defined as a virtue to maintain a balanced emotional control without losing his cool over time. Have Patience is basically to have fault tolerance or unwanted facts.
It is one of the skills that i need to improve, if you want to succeed at poker.

Wellington Souza - brasil