****OMG its the Rocktober Poker chat thread****

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those hands are all pretty horrible. If you're going to be a POS short-stacker at least be a good one. Set mining with 99 is terrible with a short stack. Get it in preflop or fold.

Raise bigger preflop in hand 2. The table is loose and bad, and you're never folding postflop. Ever.

Hand 3 you should be squeezing or folding preflop. AJs is plenty of hand to get it in with preflop as a POS short-stacker against a min raise and a few callers.

Also did I mention that you're a POS.
Cool, thanks WV, i will remember that...
Thats cold:D

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't say I didn't warn you kid... :p

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I will go against popular belief here:
Besides he's playing as a ss, which most people despise, I think kid's hands are pretty good myself. A couple errors but nothing too bad.

I don't get why you have to go from attacking him playing as a ss to attacking him personally? What's the point? If you don't like him - why respond at all?

1. He got's a medium ppr on the btn and flops a set. I don't see anything wrong with that or that his hand is bad. Are you really saying that in ring games you are going to throw away 99 on the btn to the co for 3x bb? You recommend he pushes it - I don't mind that advice, I also don't mind him playing it like he did. I guess I don't understand why his play was all that bad.

2.QQ in MP1. There was already 1 limper, raising 3x bb wasn't enough, should have made it 4x bb but this wasn't a huge mistake. Maybe he had reads on his opps that we don't have. It's not like he was in here asking for advice or posting this in the HH. He won some money and is patting himself on the back for it. Nothing wrong with that.

3. So he played this hand cautiously while being oop. Big deal.

*WV - I know you are probably not getting much sleep right now and are stressed out not being able to have your beautiful baby boy at home - anyone would be. Maybe taking your aggression out on another CC'r isn't the best solution though.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant be a passive short stacker

you dont get the odds to set mine being a short stacker

ship it or dump it shortstacking is about you cant play passively postflop or its not going to be profitable

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ship it or dump it shortstacking is about you cant play passively postflop or its not going to be profitable

^^ in order for a shortstack to have an edge they must push the smaller preflop ones as they won't get bigger postflop ones often enough.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides he's playing as a ss, which most people despise, I think kid's hands are pretty good myself. A couple errors but nothing too bad.

I don't get why you have to go from attacking him playing as a ss to attacking him personally? What's the point? If you don't like him - why respond at all?

1. He got's a medium ppr on the btn and flops a set. I don't see anything wrong with that or that his hand is bad. Are you really saying that in ring games you are going to throw away 99 on the btn to the co for 3x bb? You recommend he pushes it - I don't mind that advice, I also don't mind him playing it like he did. I guess I don't understand why his play was all that bad.

2.QQ in MP1. There was already 1 limper, raising 3x bb wasn't enough, should have made it 4x bb but this wasn't a huge mistake. Maybe he had reads on his opps that we don't have. It's not like he was in here asking for advice or posting this in the HH. He won some money and is patting himself on the back for it. Nothing wrong with that.

*WV - I know you are probably not getting much sleep right now and are stressed out not being able to have your beautiful baby boy at home - anyone would be. Maybe taking your aggression out on another CC'r isn't the best solution though.

It's not that at all and I'm not attacking kid personally, I call ALL short stackers POSs (right Jurn8?).

Hand 1 he doesn't have odds to set mine 20bbs deep, so yes I'd advise folding or pushing depending on the original raisers range for calling the shove.

Hand 2 is the best of the lot but he needs to get his $$ in quickly as a POS shorty and bet sizing correctly will help him do that.

Hand 3 he played Passively Out Of Position (POOP). Playing like POOP is never a good thing to do especially as a POS short-stacker.

Maybe I should have added a :) after the POS comments but I stand by the HA 100%.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm taking Saturday off...............

Attachments

• surf.jpg
    surf.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 23
F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because of a back problem, a doctor prescribed a slow-working painkiller for me (to help me sleep through the night). When I came home from the pharmacy I stared at it for awhile and felt insulted.

The name of the drug is "Orudis Retard." I yelled back at the bottle, "no, I'm NOT this retard! Who you callin' retard!"

Seriously, screw that bottle. So rude.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't say I didn't warn you kid... :p
Yep you did... :D

I'm Only doing it , coz i know i can pull if off well playing tight..

I knew if i would of raised, or shoved they still would call, or reraised.
I was planing on raising it, till he raised first. I also would of shoved on the flop, but he did that for me. :)

^^ in order for a shortstack to have an edge they must push the smaller preflop ones as they won't get bigger postflop ones often enough.
You will see what happens when i raise to .20c.

It's not that at all and I'm not attacking kid personally, I call ALL short stackers POSs (right Jurn8?).

Hand 1 he doesn't have odds to set mine 20bbs deep, so yes I'd advise folding or pushing depending on the original raisers range for calling the shove.

Hand 2 is the best of the lot but he needs to get his $$ in quickly as a POS shorty and bet sizing correctly will help him do that.

Hand 3 he played Passively Out Of Position (POOP). Playing like POOP is never a good thing to do especially as a POS short-stacker.

Maybe I should have added a :) after the POS comments but I stand by the HA 100%.
Well i will post the best hand i had, it was do to my table image..

Stacks:
BTN with $5.65
SB with $2.00
BB with $2.39
UTG with $1.95
UTG+1 with $2.00
MP1 with $0.06
MP2 with $4.00
MP3 with $1.55
CO with $2.61

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to CO:A♣ A♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
MP1 calls [$0.05]
MP2 checks
1 players fold.
Hero raises to $0.20
3 players fold. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
MP1 calls [$0.01] [ all-in ] Hero shows :
A♣ A♥
MP1 shows :
J♣ K♦
1 players fold.
Uncalled bet of $0.14 returned to Hero
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: $0.33
Flop:
2♣ 8♦ 2♦
Turn:
9♥
River:
J♠
Hero shows two pair, Aces and Twos
MP1 shows two pair, Jacks and Twos Hero wins the pot ($0.23) with two pair, Aces and Twos

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a) there's plenty of discussion going
b) the stakes chiefly discussed are not that far from the stakes he plays himself, and
c) he hasn't posted a hand himself in over two months.
Yeah honestly if this was like 3-4 weeks ago i would have agreed that HA was in bad shape but the last week or 2 there have been a alot of posts there and some good discusions.
With c9,sly and you all very active along with some newer members that have posted some good hands/comments i say ring HA is in the best shape it has been in some time.

7 of the 11 newest threads in HA are 25nl+ and the other 4 are 10 and 5nl so i say HA is doing alot better then it was just after this summers drama.

Obvs. there is allways gonna be the few OMG bad beat threads in there along with some look im awsome threads but all u can do is report thouse post get them moved to BBV and explain to the poster what HA is for.

just my 2cents...

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm Only doing it , coz i know i can pull if off well playing tight..

I knew if i would of raised, or shoved they still would call, or reraised.
I was planing on raising it, till he raised first. I also would of shoved on the flop, but he did that for me. :)

You will see what happens when i raise to .20c.

Well i will post the best hand i had, it was do to my table image..

Stacks:
BTN with $5.65
SB with $2.00
BB with $2.39
UTG with $1.95
UTG+1 with $2.00
MP1 with $0.06
MP2 with $4.00
MP3 with $1.55
CO with $2.61

hand.pl

Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
MP1 calls [$0.05]
MP2 checks
1 players fold.
Hero raises to $0.20
A♣ A♥
MP1 shows :
J♣ K♦
1 players fold.
Flop:
2♣ 8♦ 2♦
Turn:
9♥
River:
J♠
MP1 shows two pair, Jacks and Twos Hero wins the pot ($0.23) with two pair, Aces and Twos

I'm confused :(

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Stacks:
BTN with $5.65
SB with $2.00
BB with $2.39
UTG with $1.95
UTG+1 with $2.00
MP1 with $0.06
MP2 with $4.00
MP3 with $1.55
CO with $2.61

hand.pl

Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
MP1 calls [$0.05]
MP2 checks
1 players fold.
Hero raises to $0.20
A♣ A♥
MP1 shows :
J♣ K♦
1 players fold.
Flop:
2♣ 8♦ 2♦
Turn:
9♥
River:
J♠

Now I can't even call you a POS short-stacker because you're sitting with like 50bb. I have another term for people with half-stacks but it's not nearly as kind to your game as POS short-stacker.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kid sure knows how to be popular in teh poker world, hes like an expert at it or smth.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused :(
I wanted the 3 plays to stay in the hand :(

me2 :eek:.
You got villain to but in his last 1/5th of a BB because of your table image?
You realize that even if you turned over your hand he should still call there?
Yeah i know, i just wanted some more fish in the hand..;)

Now I can't even call you a POS short-stacker because you're sitting with like 50bb. I have another term for people with half-stacks but it's not nearly as kind to your game as POS short-stacker.
Oh wait, i found the best time to shot-stack.. :D

kid sure knows how to be popular in teh poker world, hes like an expert at it or smth.
LOL, i short-stack more then you know.. I also know that it only works, if their is only 2 short-stacks at the table.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a total of 263 ring hands this month to date. Spending most evenings on the bike, mountains and surf over the summer, got down from the hills this evening at 8, it was pitch black dark :(

Looks like poker is going to be calling me again for the next few months, (i hate the gym, so meh)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick update/pic: Harlan is doing well and only has a feeding tube remaining. He's a trying to finish feedings without using it but just can't quite make it yet.

As you can see he's pretty happy though.
IMG 1921

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That blue-light thing for Harlan is pretty cool. When I was born (1-month early), they didn't know about that. I had blood-transfusions in both feet to try to cure the jaundice. I was pretty little -- but now I'm 6'4", so don't worry about it.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That blue-light thing for Harlan is pretty cool. When I was born (1-month early), they didn't know about that. I had blood-transfusions in both feet to try to cure the jaundice. I was pretty little -- but now I'm 6'4", so don't worry about it.

...but you became a half stacker. :icon_pale How is that any comfort to wvh, Lol j/k ;)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...but you became a half stacker. :icon_pale How is that any comfort to wvh, Lol j/k ;)

It took me a long time to get all that bad blood out of my system. Now I'm playing with a full deck, I mean stack.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh short stackers, when will they learn?

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously what the hell?

pokerstars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls

Flop: (10 SB) 6
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(5 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls

Turn: (7.5 BB) K
diamond.gif
(5 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls