****OMG its the Rocktober Poker chat thread****

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of a back problem, a doctor prescribed a slow-working painkiller for me (to help me sleep through the night). When I came home from the pharmacy I stared at it for awhile and felt insulted.

The name of the drug is "Orudis Retard." I yelled back at the bottle, "no, I'm NOT this retard! Who you callin' retard!"

Seriously, screw that bottle. So rude.

Wow FP...

So, how many did you take before you read the bottle and wrote that? How long to ship a couple over to Dallas Tejas, they look fun. ;)

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
biggest spider ever seen in my house last night. He was lifting furniture as he went around!!!:)

Wife was going crazy so i had to pick him up and put him outside.

He was there last night perched beside the door when a friend that is staying with us went out for a smoke. if i get a chance ill take a photo and upload (if he is still there that is).

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh short stackers, when will they learn?

If i go with BRM, for short-stacking. When i got the right amount to buy-in with a full stack in 5NL, then i can Short-stack in 10NL.
I'm willing to try this out and see how it gos.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alright here we go

time to run good @ exams 1x

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
biggest spider ever seen in my house last night. He was lifting furniture as he went around!!!:)

Wife was going crazy so i had to pick him up and put him outside.

He was there last night perched beside the door when a friend that is staying with us went out for a smoke. if i get a chance ill take a photo and upload (if he is still there that is).

Switch is the local spider expert.

alright here we go

time to run good @ exams 1x

Good luck!

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
brag : Friday evening here. nearly finished work- yay! Going to Hull in England tomorrow for weekend to see friends - even bigger yay! :)

beat: no pokering for weekend when da fishays come out to play!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Headin' to the girlfriend's family's house for the weekend due to it being her sister's birthday. Don't think I'll make it in tomorrow's CC freeroll.. though, I will have my laptop with me, hehe.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against an unknown opponent at 5NL.
Open UTG+2 with AQs, shove for 35BB from MP.
Standard fold without reads?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol just got it in against a shortstack on the turn with a PP house. He turned over his hand and I said to myself "He's drawing dead, oh wait a jack". You can guess what happened next =)

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And btw I've pretty much barely played any at all for 2 months, and the bug is starting to bite me again a little....

I've been playing a bit this week... including some hold em again for the first time in several months...

after playing 6 max omaha hi exclusively for awhile, full ring hold em feels like a slow, boring and insanely simple game in comparison....

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah i probably call there tbh.
Unknown 5nl shorty/halfstacker is gonna be pushing with all kinds of crap like small/mid PPs, Ax and some suited broadways so yeah i call.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did fold, but I understand what you are saying. If I had AK i'm pretty much always calling.
I just wondered because AQs is fairly strong and always folding to a short/half stack shove is probably wrong. If I had any read at all it makes it alot easier. On the flip side 5NL shortstackers are generally very bad.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, that short-stacking game, did not go as planed, i lost 1.00 :( I should of folded to that dam reraise KK vs my 77....
Tho it was not that bad, i made some of it back in PLO HI, well .50 back.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat: 2 days ago I had 3 mtt's going and 2 ring tables. I had AA at one table, did a healthy size pfr and another player reraised ai.
Other ring table I had rags in the bb and there was a raise and ai reraise behing.

My 9 yr old was home sick I told him he could play his brothers PS3 game Call Of Duty 4. My 11 year old comes home and starts screaming at his brother.

In an effort to make peace between the boys I screwed up my ring tables. I shoved ai pf on the table with the rags and folded my AA to the players ai reraise.

All in all it cost me $67 in the ring games, I was tilted, closed out all my tables and lost $102 total. After awhile I did get the boys calmed down. Went and made dinner and such, forgot about the mtt's so didn't log back on.

Brag: Last night after the kids went to bed I opened 4 ring tables and won back $66.75 in under 20 minutes. I closed everything out. Hoping to make the rest up tomorrow.

Might go play live tonight, haven't decided yet.

(GL Vanquish on your tests! Great pic WV! He really is a gorgeous baby!)

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost TID... Long game.. Had three month old and the five year old so couldnt really concentrate fully on the game towards the end.. Hand for Hand lasted a while going into the FT and blinds punished me for more than a 1/3rd of my stack because we were three handed.. Went card dead.. Did best I could..

4th place

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got back from one of the best surf's I've had in years. Shame my fitness level is gone so far down. :( Time to recitify that I guess.

Took another 2nd in the Friday night MTT last night, format is changed to a $50 freezout, and once again reached the final table short. 5 handed was probably one of the worst mistakes i've witnessed in my life at an MTT final table, 4 got AIPF when I was looking at bubbling, 3 of them had massive stacks, I end up HU after the hand. The chippie has AA, and both other stacks called off with AJ and AQ respectively :), silent fist-pump when i seen their hands. $550 tyvm.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last ten hands:

AA482 board of course he has 44, and KK loses to an ace as usual, then AK blind vs blind board is AJ8xx, and he naturally flatted my steal with JJ and just now had QQ on the button against two opponnets and the flop is KA4 with two diamonds

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last ten hands:

AA482 board of course he has 44, and KK loses to an ace as usual, then AK blind vs blind board is AJ8xx, and he naturally flatted my steal with JJ and just now had QQ on the button against two opponnets and the flop is KA4 with two diamonds

Ouch, pretty harsh, I've been on the opposite end of that spectrum today for once. Made top set like 6 times, lots of top pair top kickers, seemed to be hitting all my draws, etc.

Only played a few hundred hands.

Up around 30-40 BB.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ouch, pretty harsh, I've been on the opposite end of that spectrum today for once. Made top set like 6 times, lots of top pair top kickers, seemed to be hitting all my draws, etc.

Only played a few hundred hands.

Up around 30-40 BB.

Here's a visual aid.

Hint: Those big drops aren't pf 3bets followed by triple barrel bluffs.

swong.jpg