****OMG its the Rocktober Poker chat thread****

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sindri - I am not ignoring you but here I am in Vegas and I have spent hours in Cardschat today. I don't have time for a proper reply and I apologize - but the drama in the forum and in this thread just has to stop. :(
No worrys, have fun and win some money.

I think every one can agree on that last bit aswell just people have diffrent ideas on how one should go about stoping it.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish I knew what all the deltetions were maybe this would make some sense then, but somehow I doubt it.

Anyway, the boy is getting much better. He is now breathing on his own and sleeping in a crib instead of the warmer bed. Just need to get him to feed a little better and he should be home by the weekend. He's coming along sooo quickly.

Here he is sleeping soundly down daddy's shirt.

Cali

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cute kid WVH but who is that creepy old guy holding him:p.
JK.

Glad to see his is out of NICU and on his way to full health :).

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't know how hard it was for me to delete those parts hehe.

Sindri - I am not ignoring you but here I am in Vegas and I have spent hours in Cardschat today. I don't have time for a proper reply and I apologize - but the drama in the forum and in this thread just has to stop. :(

Awesomeness revoked :p

I kid I kid lol

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow am i seriously going to have every single post i make deleted??? I mean there isnt even anything bad in what im saying, im not being offensive, im not even making posts that could in some way or other be taken offensively. But posts where i am agreeing with points are getting deleted, am i just a marked man where everything i say will go just incase there is a hidden meaning or something?

Last edited:
Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
No, just play nice and everything will be fine. No more BS drama from anyone please.

If you want to discuss it, PM me.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day folks :)

october13th.jpg

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't posted in a while, not really much to post about really. This whole summer ordeal turned into fall deal turned into i don't know what really but everything has been hurt by it.

I owe lots to CC, the people here (present and past) have turned me into a 3BB/100 winner at 25nl from an udder fish. I realize thats still micro stakes and whatnot, but hey its been a year and I understand more about poker now that I ever thought I would; and I still plan on improving *crosses fingers

Anywho, thanks to everyone but the HA section is kinda dead now and that was the main thing I loved reading. Gl all :)

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just hit my 9th online ROYAL, 14th overall :top:

Stacks:
SB with 1660
BB with 1340
hand.pl

Blinds: 10/20
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to BB:Q♣ 2♦ 6♥ A♣
Preflop: SB raises to 60 Hero calls [40]
Potsize: 120
Flop: 10♣ Q♦ K♣ Hero checks SB bets [120] Hero raises to 480 SB raises to 1,560 Hero calls [800] [ all-in ] SB shows : 5♥ 9♠ 3♥ J♥ Hero shows : Q♣ 2♦ 6♥ A♣ Uncalled bet of 280 returned to SB
Potsize: 2960
Turn: 9♣
Potsize: 2960
River: J♣
SB shows a straight, King high
Hero shows a Royal Flush Hero wins the pot (2,680) with a Royal Flush

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/9th-online-royal-flush-162815/

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anywho, thanks to everyone but the HA section is kinda dead now and that was the main thing I loved reading. Gl all :)

I count 19 threads in the Ring + Tourney HA forums active within 24 hours.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I count 19 threads in the Ring + Tourney HA forums active within 24 hours.

Good point - I have a probably mistaken perception that there isn't alot of new stuff going in there - FP's recent thread was very good, and there are a few other threads that are also thought provoking/very good - having a tough time going back and reading all the new posts in existing threads though, alot of the discussion seems to me kinda repetetive...

These are my perceptions, maybe I need to review and revise, maybe I'll change my mind.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the HA section is kinda dead now and that was the main thing I loved reading
The HA section is more active than it has been during the years I've been a member here. Who told you it was dead?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The HA section is more active than it has been during the years I've been a member here. Who told you it was dead?

I think people - unless they're unusually cool like you, C9 or Deco - tend to more or less consciously filter out the posts about stakes lower than the one they are currently playing because those are somewhat less "interesting". So as they move up in stakes or when higher stakes players are leaving the site, the HA section appears to get emptier even though it's not factually true.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people - unless they're unusually cool like you, C9 or Deco - tend to more or less consciously filter out the posts about stakes lower than the one they are currently playing because those are somewhat less "interesting". So as they move up in stakes or when higher stakes players are leaving the site, the HA section appears to get emptier even though it's not factually true.

Eh, I guess that's one of looking at it. But I was under the impression that lemlywinks was playing microstakes, too, so from his perspective this doesn't really hold.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh, I guess that's one of looking at it. But I was under the impression that lemlywinks was playing microstakes, too, so from his perspective this doesn't really hold.

He's beating 25nl now. So it starts to apply to him. 10nl is boooring when you beat 25... :)

Of course, it's somewhat of a mistake to view things that way. But in order to enjoy threads about stakes lower than yours, you need to enjoy being kind of a teacher as most of the spots tend to look standardish to you. Not many people enjoy that, but that's sad because teaching something helps you understand concepts in a much deeper way than you get by simply learning or practicing them.

I do regret that i don't really have the time to do it myself anymore.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, just play nice and everything will be fine. No more BS drama from anyone please.

If you want to discuss it, PM me.
Great point Nick, i'm with you on it.

Oh yeah i'm getting some where for the month, i'm up on stars, i hit a new high point on my BR. :cool:

Last edited:
C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

As do I. You are a real asset in the HA forums. But obviously there is only so much time in a day.

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mid-month update:

Finally showing progress in the cash tables after a truly disastrous first week, where tremendous suckouts, combined with tilt, had me down over 5 buyins in my cash game. I'm now a few dollars away from showing positive numbers. Gotta keep my head on straight.

Will probably not achieve October goal of growing bankroll by %50 or making it to $10NL, but am progressing greatly in my ability to manage tilt; the first week was truly edifying in this regard. Cash game has also advanced considerable; now able to shift gears more rapidly and adjust to different styles and different tables.

Gonna keep on pluggin'! Best of luck out there,

T.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's beating 25nl now. So it starts to apply to him. 10nl is boooring when you beat 25... :)

Of course, it's somewhat of a mistake to view things that way. But in order to enjoy threads about stakes lower than yours, you need to enjoy being kind of a teacher as most of the spots tend to look standardish to you. Not many people enjoy that, but that's sad because teaching something helps you understand concepts in a much deeper way than you get by simply learning or practicing them.

I agree, of course. I just don't get the statement that "HA is dead" when

a) there's plenty of discussion going
b) the stakes chiefly discussed are not that far from the stakes he plays himself, and
c) he hasn't posted a hand himself in over two months.

If he was posting hands and not getting any replies, it would make sense. If there wasn't any discussion going at all, it would make sense. I'm all for improving HA but in order to do something about criticisms I have to understand them. And this one I don't get.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uncharted 2 is one of the most Epic games ever!!!! Deff a good tilt poker get away!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short stacking 5NL, for my small BR, heres the out come. :D
Wow 5NL, is easy, so many willing to hand you their cash. That was better then 2NL.
Stacks:
SB with $3.77
BB with $5.15
UTG with $2.00
UTG+1 with $0.93
MP1 with $3.73
MP2 with $2.00
MP3 with $1.50
CO with $1.55
BTN with $0.81

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Dealt to BTN:9♥ 9♣
Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
UTG+1 calls [$0.05]
3 players fold.
CO raises to $0.15
Hero calls [$0.15]
SB calls [$0.13]
2 players folded.
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: $0.55
Flop:
9♦ 4♠ 5♠
SB bets [$0.25]
2 players fold.
CO raises to $0.75
Hero calls [$0.66] [ all-in ]
SB calls [$0.50]
Potsize: $2.71
Turn:
J♠
SB bets [$0.60, and is capped]
CO calls [$0.60, and is capped]
SB shows :
7♦ 5♦
CO shows :
Q♣ Q♦ Hero shows :
9♥ 9♣
Potsize: $3.91
River:
J♥
SB shows two pair, Jacks and Fives
CO shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
CO wins the side pot ($1.28) with two pair, Queens and Jacks
Hero shows a full house, Nines full of Jacks Hero wins the main pot ($2.37) with a full house, Nines full of Jacks

Stacks:
MP2 with $3.22
MP3 with $5.08
CO with $1.06
BTN with $0.63
SB with $3.91
BB with $1.95
UTG with $1.45
UTG+1 with $1.33
MP1 with $2.37

hand.pl

Dealt to MP1:Q♣ Q♠
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
1 players fold.
UTG+1 calls [$0.05]
Hero raises to $0.15
MP2 calls [$0.15]
4 players fold.
BB calls [$0.10]
UTG+1 calls [$0.10]
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: $0.62
Flop:
8♠ 6♣ 4♥
BB checks
UTG+1 checks
Hero bets [$0.30]
3 players fold.
Uncalled bet of $0.30 returned to Hero Hero shows :
Q♣ Q♠ Hero wins the pot ($0.58)
Total folds this street: 3

Stacks:
UTG with $5.65
UTG+1 with $1.95
MP1 with $2.44
MP2 with $6.85
chris632 with $4.25
BTN with $3.88
SB with $1.50
BB with $2.78

hand.pl

Dealt to BB:J♦ A♦
Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
3 players fold.
MP2 raises to $0.10
chris632 calls [$0.10] BTN calls [$0.10]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [$0.05]
Total folds this street: 4
Potsize: $0.42
Flop: Q♦ 7♣ A♥ Hero bets [$0.05]
MP2 raises to $0.10
chris632 calls [$0.10]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [$0.05]
Total folds this street: 1
Potsize: $0.72
Turn: 9♠ Hero checks
MP2 bets [$0.10]
chris632 calls [$0.10] Hero calls [$0.10]
Potsize: $1.02
River: 5♣ Hero checks
MP2 bets [$0.20]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [$0.20]
Total folds this street: 1
Results:
MP2 shows : A♠ 10♣
Hero shows : J♦ A♦ Hero wins the pot ($1.33) with a pair of Aces

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those hands are all pretty horrible. If you're going to be a POS short-stacker at least be a good one. Set mining with 99 is terrible with a short stack. Get it in preflop or fold.

Raise bigger preflop in hand 2. The table is loose and bad, and you're never folding postflop. Ever.

Hand 3 you should be squeezing or folding preflop. AJs is plenty of hand to get it in with preflop as a POS short-stacker against a min raise and a few callers.

Also did I mention that you're a POS.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is POS what I think it is WV? wow little harsh?