Status
Not open for further replies.
L

larry1dart

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I found this file in absolute and it had me concerned.

I had found this file and after googling it, I was concerned about it. It could explain what's going on there, if it is a malicious form of the file. I wrote this blog at another forum, but thought it might be applicable here as well.

Absolute Poker or Absolute cheat?

OK so I was looking at all the files in my programs and came across one in Absolute poker in the main program file called "bugslayerutil.dll" . After searching for the file on google, I found several references to this file as being a backdoor or trojan horse. This file was created by AP and every time the program updates it adds this file back after I have deleted it. AP runs and loads fine without this file, so what could the purpose be for this file? This is exactly the kind of file that could be used for cheating purposes. Look at yours if you have it and do the research online and get back to me about what you think.

Now there are legitamite forms of this utility, but it does make you wonder after all of the accusations flying around. I raised this question back in June before any of this stuff happened recently. Who knows? Maybe I am the one that started all of this!! :eek:

K

Kinkikos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to very briefly go off topic here, because one poster did say Absolute's software sucks: The software is prone to freezing and malfunctions. It's really a terrible site.

I *was* playing freerolls on Absolute but am going to stop now. Can I get permission to email a link to this thread to Absolute support by way of explaining why I'm going to start acting like their site has the black plague?

C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have personaly

i hate to post this on the web but it may put and end to the bullshit. i have personaly tried to cheat and have found variations of success. eithics go figure. i know for a fact that you can play several differant accounts at same time, same turny, same table. i saw it done by some one else by random chance. dicided to figure out how and give it a try. and guess what is was easy. BUT I COULD NOT FIND A WAY TO SEE ANYONES HOLE CARDS. maybe i should try a little harder. by the way i have never done this in a money game period. i just wanted to know how i could possibly be in a turny that started with 4000+ players and have 2 players at my table with the same pic of a chic. home photo. the more i asked them the less they played or said. and by the way they busted me out. so if you think you are being cheated you might be but not by the site.

cexandmoney

C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple there are people out there tring to distory anything they believe is wrong or harm full to there belifes. suicide bombers, religous finatics and the like. the ends justify the means.

C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that was for seneku

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate to post this on the web but it may put and end to the bullshit. i have personaly tried to cheat and have found variations of success. eithics go figure. i know for a fact that you can play several differant accounts at same time, same turny, same table. i saw it done by some one else by random chance. dicided to figure out how and give it a try. and guess what is was easy. BUT I COULD NOT FIND A WAY TO SEE ANYONES HOLE CARDS. maybe i should try a little harder. by the way i have never done this in a money game period. i just wanted to know how i could possibly be in a turny that started with 4000+ players and have 2 players at my table with the same pic of a chic. home photo. the more i asked them the less they played or said. and by the way they busted me out. so if you think you are being cheated you might be but not by the site.

cexandmoney

What you are describing are ways that sleezy individuals try to find ways to cheat. That has nothing to do with what this thread is about. Of course you can not find a way to see hole cards - that is ridiculous. But an insider could.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the updated info

Thanks For the Update Bombjack..
I have burned holes in my eyes reading page after page.. what like 70 pages of 96% Drivel OMGZ and Illiteracy Proofs it makes my head spin like the Exorcist!!!
I read the Blog Post and I looked over the Cliff Notes.
I don't have Poker tracker but for the sake of Proofs..
It is a good thing that a majority of the (Victims) have the Hand History, Compilations in order to have some record of the play down.

The Theories Include the IP Encryption Hack/Crack
A Trojan Bug attached as a packet to an Exe.Update,within Site Software in a Registry item. with a specific value. The Mention of this possible Trojan Lists Deleting it and having no effect on the OS or the SoftWare.
Then the Update that gets run during link to the Site it magically returns.

And of Course the Obvious is A Money Launder to one account.

The thought that kept coming to mind in the scheme, was these players were in different locations and in 'Cahoots' and Relaying their Hole Cards between themselves through a Chat, and that way having a knowledge of what is gone PF. But This Theory is only 'very low on the probability' scale of the latter and "General" consensus.

The other statements I read that seemed to have some 'Insider' Collusion...via. the mainframe of the RNG and slip in the piece of necessary data to allow a specific user to enter the 'set values' associated with the such and such update, withing their registry that ..
Poof Voila' Insta HOLE cards.

In the Event that an Investigation happens, the Understood Auditor (Price Waterhouse), is seperate from the RNG evaluator(ITECH).
And one person went on a fishing expedition in order to do more research to contact these 3rd parties..and found NO WAY to contact them directly. In their association with Absolute Poker. Whether by email, website,or Telephone.
The Theorist in the above search mentions that it is potential to do a 'switch'-replace withing the RNG Program, (I find this unlikely)
If there is a insert cheat pin here, and pull this pin if said "Commission" should be arriving. I the likes of Corporate Cheats shadow boxing,
Enron,Tyco, etc...
The other Theory is The CORPORATE slaughter of a Poker Room to Boost the other ones..
and a Perfect reason at an opportune time as Protesters are meeting with Congress in Wash. In Oct.
and The Anniversary of the mandate in passing. And to Solidify an 'Invisible' Monopoly.
(Multi-Billionaires can do strange and magical things with that Kinda Loot!)

It is more than likely to me a 3-4 way Money Launder and 2-3 happened to get in the way of it and became 'Victims' and by way of 'Donations' meaning collateral damage to the Operation.
**EXCEPT th Victims...were forum posters, (AH-Ha!!) then the opinions popped up.
One player I noticed was from canada as a Victim. Contributor of HH.

The This I see in the utter 'suspicion' are the 5-5 PP Losing to the K-10 Push hand
and the 9-2 suited for the Flush hand..what kinda tell was there??

Anyway thats my 'Look' at it so far..
~This is not OVER~

Last edited:
C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you are describing are ways that sleezy individuals try to find ways to cheat. That has nothing to do with what this thread is about. Of course you can not find a way to see hole cards - that is ridiculous. But an insider could.

"CANT" covers a lot of ground. Did you write the program? And i dont think you cant disscount likely hood. there is a lot of super smart scum out there.

cexandmoney

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY question is.... are these super user accounts still... playing on absolute poker?

That would just be too funny if they were still being allowed to play. I'll just assume they hopefully banned them.

Someone check for me :p

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What cexandmoney is referring to seems to me like the typical frat house gang of thieves that play in the dorms and share hole cards and join tournaments or S&G's to the same events. So when they are seated together they can collude through chat outside the table.
-I have heard about this sort of activity for years now, and one of the main reasons I dont play $ Ring games, and stick to MTT's & S&G's of 27-45 players. It may be harder to win but I feel a buffer from that element.
-The same picture thing perhaps is one user under different names,
playing 2 accounts with 2 lap-tops or what have you.
yet it sort of defeats the purpose as You need Valid, Legitimate means to cash out winnings.

~Thats a different thread though.~

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY question is.... are these super user accounts still... playing on absolute poker?
That would just be too funny if they were still being allowed to play. I'll just assume they hopefully banned them.
Someone check for me :p

If you read the details about the 'Investigation'..You will..
I have read 70 pages of Forum BS and 5 pages of Proofs..and then..
the Summary on it on 15 pages copied to Word--and The Notes..
Do your own reading and form your own view and learn the answer.
It would be really laughable to have them still playing,
since the 'Jig is UP'...wouldnt you think...??
how many 1000's of people hassled Absolute with emails and there must be 100's of forums discussing this very issue not to mention the other PokerGaming Sites and Magazine sites putting a Buzz out there.
with Public release though You NEED 'ABSOLUTE PROOF' (no pun intended)
or else you are going to face Slander,defamation, and Loss of Livelyhood Class Action Law-suits against..
Read it and devise if they are still playing..if you care..LOL

yodeller

yodeller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with Public release though You NEED 'ABSOLUTE PROOF' (no pun intended)
or else you are going to face Slander,defamation, and Loss of Livelyhood Class Action Law-suits against..
Read it and devise if they are still playing..if you care..LOL

A lawsuit for libel would be most interesting as their cause of action would be for making untrue statements about the way their software works when the use of that software in the manner described is illegal in the US...

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots Found on Full TILT

Now they are saying they found Bots on Full TILT..
OMG the World is going to Hell inna Handbasket..
Poker Bot acounts have been found to be in operation.

World Poker Game News   FULL TILT CONFIRMS BOT BUST

I can't take it anymore ...I'm going to go play some Freerolls On PS
and Get busted out by a good old fashioned Donkey!!!

~The Wild Wild West is Back,
Dead Mans Hand, Gun-and Beer-slingers Bring out yer dead!!~

cartoon p

cartoon p

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can look at whole cards theres software out there that allows this.I world no cheat but I do know how to get it

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lawsuit for libel would be most interesting as their cause of action would be for making untrue statements about the way their software works when the use of that software in the manner described is illegal in the US...

Well the Accusers are wanting answers, and the site listed by Bombjack was created to have Absolute clarify, still waiting for a reply.
and the Boss of this forum emailed for answers and got,,well read it wayy ^^^ back..
If it is illegal then I am sure hoping that whomever is doing the investigation is of Credible-ability to determine, and the Right thing to do is to make a Public statement to State such findings.
What is the Hold-up on this..they are losing credibility by not doing a Press release about the Allegations.
That's what I think...
Get to the Bottom of it Release the Proof of Guilt of Innocence, and deem the Parties involved Criminally charged or explain the pages and Pages of the Highly Improbable, 0 losses on the River.
I mean I play a 4 hr. MTT and my % at SD is at best 78% seeing 45% of the flops...that is playing a TAG game ..not LAG like this Greycat...
~anyway I am sick to my stomach about this and Now Full TILT!!!
WTF!!~~

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can look at whole cards theres software out there that allows this.I world no cheat but I do know how to get it
Yeah I posted the You Tube thing to this..earlier in this post

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what u r saying is...

Quote from the report: Usernames are Graycat and Doubledrag and Potripper.

So you are saying that Robwhufc is NOT user DOUBLEDRAG on Absolute?

confirm this for me pls.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Quote from the report: Usernames are Graycat and Doubledrag and Potripper.

So you are saying that Robwhufc is NOT user DOUBLEDRAG on Absolute?

confirm this for me pls.
No. He's just "taking the piss" as the Brits say. :)

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oi! There ain't nothing wrong with my head! :p

Yeah OZ is all good!! Oi. Just tell me where to find the nearest Puke Pail.
:icon_pukeSo I can hurl:icon_puke :icon_pale :vollkomme :puke: :shot: :flybye:

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read the whole of this thread, because Ive spent along time reading about this all over the net.

I dont know about super-user accounts or anything like that, apparently they have been suspected many times before but that seems a little far-fetched to me.

What does seem possible, and hasnt really been mentioned yet. Is that if a player was to obtain the ip & mac addresses of all the players at his table. And understood the encryption used between server and poker client, a simple "man-in-the-middle" attack would give them everyones hole cards.

That would lend credibility to this possibly being an ex-employee or consultant who knows the encryption methods used very well.

Ive seen it posted (on other forums) that these accounts have played just as poorly in the past and lost substantially, this could easily of been testing/refining the system until they had it mastered and started cleaning up.

This method would also explain the blatant abuse of their knowledge.. they are not worried about being caught because it would be virtually impossible. No moddified clients, no server hack, just traffic mirroring and then decryption done when the (other players) traffic reaches them.

This would take alot of hardware, software coding, TCP/IP and encryption knowledge but to me seems more believable than a super-user.

Or have they just cracked absolutes shuffle?? its been done before

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've no clue how they did it - there are many possibilities such as the ones you mention. It is clear however that Absolute's security has been compromised somehow and it's up to Absolute to work out how it was done.

In the meantime, why is CardsChat still promoting Absolute Poker? They have done nothing except deny it ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.