***Nocturnal November Chat Thread***

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit poker... for at least a week... maybe more...

Tried to man up in Oct and play a real amount of hands, suffered my second losing month for the year.

It was really hard for me to handle this loss, as I thought I would hit the theoretical "long run" playing so much last month.

EPIC FAIL.

Oct

Anyway, I need to get better at poker (i.e., study more) AND I need to evaluate my life more as I seem to have too much of my identity wrapped up in being a "poker player", such that failing at said causes me way too much existential life angst in general.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that AG but glad to see you back posting.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was really hard for me to handle this loss, as I thought I would hit the theoretical "long run" playing so much last month.

EPIC FAIL.

The long run is always longer than you think.

Also, is the red line really Sklansky bucks, not all-in EV? Fwiw, i don't think Sklansky bucks are a really good indicator for NLHE. As soon as you play somewhat aggressive, most of the plays you make are -EV from Sklansky's perspective but +EV when you take fold equity into account.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TB, you moved sites yet? If so what site and how do u like it?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not yet, I've decided to move back to stars for November. I have 70K FPPs there and the Mrs wants some stuff from the store for Christmas :( Kinda the deal that was done for me to play is that she gets full use of all my player points. I need to get to goldstar and because i havnt played there all year, stars won't do the upgrade for a day thingy.

So looks like December will be the move.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. You're just not going to win often enough to make calling OOP against a presumably wide BTN open range profitable. Now if you know he spews postflop with any 2 or his range is really tight and he doesn't ever fold postflop it might be OK, but even then it would be marginal at best.

He was a pretty LAG player, and I'll admit that I probably shouldn't have called in that position. I did think at the time he was trying to steal the blinds or add more value to the pot as he had being doing that for a while... He was attempting to steal each time he had the button. I don't remember his stats off the top of my head...... Thank you very much for your comments WV!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was a pretty LAG player, and I'll admit that I probably shouldn't have called in that position. I did think at the time he was trying to steal the blinds or add more value to the pot as he had being doing that for a while... He was attempting to steal each time he had the button. I don't remember his stats off the top of my head...... Thank you very much for your comments WV!
If he was stealing every time 3bet/fold>3bet/fold>>>>>>>call with 76o imo.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just organised all of my uni modules and folders, it feels good!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never empty my bag of my uni stuff, so i never forget anything for lectures or anything

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I spent 3 hours in the dentist chair getting wisdom teeth removed from my mouth. That was just about as pleasant as some of my sessions on full donk lately.

To AG: The long run is longer than you can imagine on an order of magnitude like a log scale. I've been break even over the last like 50k hands. It's the same routine, I win a bunch of smallish pots playing position and decent postflop steals, then I take some suckout and I'm back to even. Rinse and repeat. I am convinced that yes in the long run I'll end up ahead, but that the long run is longer than most people realizes.

To Crummy: If someone is stealing your blinds, I much prefer 3 betting in that situation, specially with a hand like 67. Even if they call, a nice cbet on the flop since you'll be first to act will take it down a large percentage of the time.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tenbob:

It's nice that you and your wife have come up with a good compromise. Communication and compromise are the cornerstones of a solid marriage.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tenbob:

It's nice that you and your wife have come up with a good compromise. Communication and compromise are the cornerstones of a solid marriage.

yada yada yada :(

Its her birthday this weekend, and she wants to go to lahinch and surf all day sunday and drink all sunday night. This basically means that I'll be sitting out of a $280 Irish open satty on Sunday evening. FFS.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enty was last active today @ 1.09am told you Enty you wouldn't leave lol

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This basically means that I'll be sitting out of a $280 Irish open satty on Sunday evening. FFS.

You'd probably go out in the fourth hand with pocket aces anyways. amirite?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
November isn't cool. Taking a shot, running completely dead and going on tilt is bad for the roll. Ah well.

The pics of Harlan cheered me up a bit though he's gorgeous and very cool, the football ones the best :)
:dito:
I have a 93/0 on my table, it almost makes me feel sick, I don't know if I could force myself to do that!
I had that 2 days ago. Mtt, itm, down to 51 players, 1100 to start, I'm in sb with AQd, folded around to me, bb has stats of 91/0 - I couldn't believe it - 65 hands on him, I raise to 4x bb hoping to take down blinds and antes and he reraises me ai, I had him covered, not by much, called, he shows 84os and of course the flop is 882, 4, A. So sick of these types of beats.
Poker sucks

That is all
:dito: See above hand... grrrr...
^^^ I love your wife lol.
:dito: Seems like a good compromise to me!
Tenbob:

:dito: Exactly!!!
Enty was last active today @ 1.09am told you Enty you wouldn't leave lol

I guess I'm out of the loop, why is Enty leaving? I don't really know Enty but enjoy the posts and points of view, did something happen?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a bitch! OMG!!!! This sickens me so much! Frigging greedy winch!!!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he seems like such a nice guy too :(