***Nocturnal November Chat Thread***

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super gr8 start PC. Keep up the results all month !!!! ... Now.... about that LARGE interest-free loan we were discussing .... :rolleyes:

Thanks Nick... Yes I remember that loan we were talking about now that u mention.. Didnt u say u you mailing me that check like two weeks ago.. Your mailman got a broken leg? what taking so long?:eek:

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Nick... Yes I remember that loan we were talking about now that u mention.. Didnt u say u you mailing me that check like two weeks ago.. Your mailman got a broken leg? what taking so long?:eek:

Yes, I distinctly recall all 3 promises. Your check is definitely in the mail ... darned that corrupt postman on your end ... :rolleyes:

I also recall that 'something' was beautiful .... :smile:

and I will be breaking that third promise ... :p

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF... HEM is being silly right now... It's not importing the last 20ish hands that I played... which were the best ones.... At one point I was down to $10 tonight, then ended up finishing the night at $35.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so I still can't get my HH to import....It says that there are 9 files that are corupt and I think they are the last of my session... One of the hands were similar to the following:
I had K10, flop comes K10J, villian raises, I call, K comes on turn, villian goes all in I call of course and river comes another K... Villian had AQ.

Here is another and please criticize my play... Let me know if I should have done something different.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
SB ($10.99)
Hero (BB) ($13.75)
UTG ($10.95)
UTG+1 ($8.48)
MP1 ($9.87)
MP2 ($11.61)
MP3 ($16.54)
CO ($20.35)
Button ($10.03)
Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif

6 folds, Button bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20
Flop: ($0.65) 7
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 3
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, Button calls $0.60
Turn: ($2.65) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1, Button raises to $3.10, Hero raises to $12.45 (All-In), Button calls $5.63 (All-In)
River: ($20.11) K
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: $20.11 | Rake: $1.34

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so I still can't get my HH to import....It says that there are 9 files that are corupt and I think they are the last of my session... One of the hands were similar to the following:
I had K10, flop comes K10J, villian raises, I call, K comes on turn, villian goes all in I call of course and river comes another K... Villian had AQ.

Here is another and please criticize my play... Let me know if I should have done something different.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
SB ($10.99)
Hero (BB) ($13.75)
UTG ($10.95)
UTG+1 ($8.48)
MP1 ($9.87)
MP2 ($11.61)
MP3 ($16.54)
CO ($20.35)
Button ($10.03)
Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif

6 folds, Button bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20
Flop: ($0.65) 7
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 3
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, Button calls $0.60
Turn: ($2.65) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1, Button raises to $3.10, Hero raises to $12.45 (All-In), Button calls $5.63 (All-In)
River: ($20.11) K
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: $20.11 | Rake: $1.34

Fold preflop.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play 10-12 tables. Now I've thought better of it and play 4-5, typically. Never more than six, and then all six better have a huge fish immediately to my right.

So you're a proud bum-hunter? :D

Seriously, though, obviously that's good for your winrate, but aren't you afraid it would slow down your progression as a player to refuse sitting at a table full of regs?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you're a proud bum-hunter? :D

Seriously, though, obviously that's good for your winrate, but aren't you afraid it would slow down your progression as a player to refuse sitting at a table full of regs?
Not worried in the least, no. There's never less than three solid regs at any table I play so I get plenty of time to think about how to play them and study what they do. In fact, since I now play so few tables, I really DO have time to think about what they do and why. When playing 10+ tables, I could once in a blue moon notice that a reg did something unorthodox at one of my tables, but even of those times it was a rare occurrence that I could actually think about what he/she did more than just "I wonder why he played his flushdraw THAT way." Now, I have a few extra seconds to consider the board, the opponent, etc. It's awesome.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always thought that there is a balance regarding table number. On the one hand you have quest for the "standard" mathematically perfect game for which many tables not only doesn't hurt, but arguably helps. This game forces you to play the average situation as opposed to focusing on the individual situation. This is good.

Then there is the low table number game where you have time to respond to unorthodox situations with inspired and sometimes unorthodox plays. You can think about the abstract details of the particular situation you find yourself in and really play each hand with as much detail and skill as possible This is good.

Obviously the master of both styles is a force to be reckoned with.

Then again, I am talking purely out of my butt. I know nothing about how to play poker.

Still the topic interests me.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, since I now play so few tables, I really DO have time to think about what they do and why.

yeah, but that's strictly an argument about the number of tables you choose to play, not about leaving tables after the fish got stacked and he is replaced by a reg, so you go bum-hunt on another table.

tbh, i actually agree with your approach and i try to apply it myself (even though i still mega table from time to time for the thrill of fast paced action). But isn't there long term EV in playing harder tables too?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah, but that's strictly an argument about the number of tables you choose to play, not about leaving tables after the fish got stacked and he is replaced by a reg, so you go bum-hunt on another table.
Ah, that's what you meant. Yeah, well... I just don't see the point in playing a table filled with regs when my energy is better spent finding a great table or just focusing more on the good tables I already have open.

tbh, i actually agree with your approach and i try to apply it myself (even though i still mega table from time to time for the thrill of fast paced action). But isn't there long term EV in playing harder tables too?
If there is, I'm not sure it's noticeable in comparison to the massive +++++EV of playing good tables. I mean, I know what you're saying. Challenging yourself by playing tougher opposition means you learn new things. But I'll argue that I'm still playing the tougher opposition; I'm just doing it at tables where there's also a bad player ripe for the picking. It's not like I'm folding every hand that the fish stays out of; I steal 60%+ on the button versus regs, I get into plenty of interesting postflop situations and I get to make difficult river decisions left and right versus solid players. But in between those hands I get to isolate a 60/5 player who thinks K3 is a good hand to peel a jack-high flop with UI. So for playing a table full of only regs to be long term +EV in comparison, changing the table composition to five regs and no fish must somehow make me a considerably better player compared to playing four regs and one fish. I don't think it does.

If you plan on playing nosebleeds versus Durrr sometime in the future I suppose working on playing well against good players is imperative, but personally I have no such ambitions. On the contrary, I think most regs are actually pretty good at playing each other and suck wholesale on playing fish. They seem completely clueless in matters of extracting the most from really bad players. And since really bad players will be their major source of income now and forever and they're obviously not good at maximizing EV versus them, perhaps these guys ought to try to find a table full of fish and practise playing against them..?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mini WV is great. He seems to change every day.

Ahhhh...I just love the photos of Mini WV. Hmmm...how about one of him with a good hand, say a Royal Flush of Hearts?!

And his name--Harlan--seriously impressive.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhhh...I just love the photos of Mini WV. Hmmm...how about one of him with a good hand, say a Royal Flush of Hearts?!

And his name--Harlan--seriously impressive.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

28.jpg

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of position right? I also just noticed that the rest of my HH on that hand didn't post... Villian had QQ and lost.

Yes. You're just not going to win often enough to make calling OOP against a presumably wide BTN open range profitable. Now if you know he spews postflop with any 2 or his range is really tight and he doesn't ever fold postflop it might be OK, but even then it would be marginal at best.

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
beautiful pics WV . Seriously. im sure ur proud as punch ! get much poker in since the new arrival? . hows the missus keeping?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beautiful pics WV . Seriously. im sure ur proud as punch ! get much poker in since the new arrival? . hows the missus keeping?

Hardly played at all and when I did I spewed because I was distracted or tired. Honestly could care less though.

Pics were obv done by a pro and will end up costing me a small fortune. Wife is doing well and enjoying her time with the baby. He's really awesome.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played much so far this month. Oct. rocked until the end when I started running bad then made some stupid mistakes and bye bye most of my bankroll. Nov. didn't start out well so I'm just poking my head in the door from time to time, testing the waters and jumping out until I have reason to jump back in with both feet.

GL all!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
November isn't cool. Taking a shot, running completely dead and going on tilt is bad for the roll. Ah well.

The pics of Harlan cheered me up a bit though he's gorgeous and very cool, the football ones the best :)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 93/0 on my table, it almost makes me feel sick, I don't know if I could force myself to do that!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinding out a 1.5 buy-in session and getting it all taken by a 73/3 with AA vs my QQ as i'm closing down tables makes me sad. Not angry. Just sad.

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love November, lazy days, eating food. lots of poker. Leaves still on the trees.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any uk people awake late night poker is on channel 4, Antonius, Gus Hansen, Luke Swartz, Anette,Huck Seed not a bad line up.

Last edited: