The Myth of AK

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
85% of players who played me all-in with AK still believe that the myth that AK is the strongest hand in the deck is a pure myth according to players, because it's not because it the strongest hand that will be the winning hand I have already won several times what all-in did with AK having only 2 and 3 in the other QJ 10 and 9 so I think before all-in preflop with AK would be better just raise and watch the flop, if I come A OR K on the table and don't come straight to another or flush then consider betting with that hand...
I agree with those who consider AK a very strong hand.You can move any hand. On the other hand, you need to be careful about the bets so that you do not wait for an ace when they are all distributed to the players.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If it's a push/fold, then there are no other play options other than pushing. Unless on the bubble and near the payout jump you can sometimes fold by icm, especially with strong action and in multiway pot against big stacks...

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Each has its own strategy in the game.
Or the lack of this strategy.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No one is forcing you to go all-in with her. And on the flop it will hit 1 of 3 times. Anyway, AK is a monster hand and even against an opponent with QQ you have almost 50% to win and 33% against KK thats why this hand is valued by players. Only against AA, she has little chance of winning, but AK just blocks AA and KK, so players feel more or less confident with her preflop. And on the flop, you simply shouldn't outplay it. On a dangerous table, I will fold AA with disappointment but calmly, and I will say goodbye to AK even more easily, in poker you cannot win all hands, no matter what hand you have preflop

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In any case, AK is a good hand and should be played strongly

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
85% of the players who have played with me all in with AK are still feeling that the myth of AK being the strongest hand in the deck according to the players I think is pure myth because it is not because it is the strongest hand that will be the winning hand I already won several times that allin made with AK having only 2 and 3 in other QJ 10 and 9 so I think that before allin pre flop with AK it would be better to just raise and see the flop if I come A OR K on the table and do not come with a straight to another or flush then think about betting that hand ...
This myth was invented by regulars to make it even easier to take money from fish.:ROFLMAO:

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
85% of the players who have played with me all in with AK are still feeling that the myth of AK being the strongest hand in the deck according to the players I think is pure myth because it is not because it is the strongest hand that will be the winning hand I already won several times that allin made with AK having only 2 and 3 in other QJ 10 and 9 so I think that before allin pre flop with AK it would be better to just raise and see the flop if I come A OR K on the table and do not come with a straight to another or flush then think about betting that hand ...
Doyle Brunson said he would rather start with AK than with aces. Make of that what you will.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think I busted more AK in tournaments than I lost, but most of the time I won with a pair in my hand, either I made a set or I didn't hit A or K on the board and I won.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a non made hand, mainly in tourneys, AK is very strong, however at rings Ak is overestimated.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson said he would rather start with AK than with aces. Make of that what you will.
But only before an Ace or King appears on the flop and the opponent has a pocket pair of AA or KK.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
mathematically it is not the strongest hand but it is a good combination for calling or threebetting. Usually when I come with AK I tribet. Never call.