ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All-Ins should be reserved for a made hand such as QQ-AA after someone else raises. AK is technically a drawing hand in my opinion. Until you hit either one you just have two big cards. When they don't flop a C bet should be considered but it is not necessary. It just depends on what else hits. If you raise 4 BB preflop and the flop is 2,6,7 rainbow by all means C bet. If the contains a Jack or Queen things could get ugly. Obviously position is important to consider here as well. Your C bet could be used to get a free card on the turn if you are in. late position.

NO.

The 2,6,7 raise depends entirely on position and pre-flop action.

If you are on the button raising into the blinds, this can be a dangerous strategy.
2,6,7 is more likely to be in a defender's range than in yours, so betting a 2,6,7 flop narrows your range down to pocket pairs 88 or higher.

If you are up against UTG and the board flops 2,6,7 -- completely different story. You may continue to C-Bet here...but most likely UTG will already be C-Betting into you if you did not raise pre-flop.

Position, stack size, action leading into you and tendencies of those left to act always need to be kept under consideration.

Cheers,
JT

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am all in with AK short stacked late in tournament.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have lost too many times all in with AK preflop that I don't do it anymore in any table position. It seems like such a strong hand but has burned me too many times.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If yo miss the flop with AK, cbet if you raised pre, fold if you are asked to call a bet.
The hand is one to draw a good card or fold to aggression.
Of course if you are low blinded, shove your hand equity.

J

jretired

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I hesitate with AK is when I face a raise and a call.If I'm first in I raise.Allin at least 50% of time.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a great hand preflop. Almost 50/50 against 11 of 13 pairs and beating everything else. You want to raise big preflop to get rid of people the less people in the hand the more chance AK has of winning. End-Of.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I consider that AK is not the strongest hand, AA is the hand with which I have won the most, however I consider that AK is said to be the best for a possible Roayls

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider that AK is not the strongest hand, AA is the hand with which I have won the most, however I consider that AK is said to be the best for a possible Roayls
the last 2 times I had [ocket aces, I lost bothe to 2 pair on the river.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
any pocket pair can beat AK
It might be so pre flop, then when you see the flop it's another story lol

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Ace and king often lose on the river. If, of course, they are of the same suit, then I always go to the bank.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AK is a great hand, but any pocket pairs always have a starting advantage over it.
I learnt that going all in preflop with anything than top 3 pairs can get to a disaster, so i prefer to be patient (when i don't get carried away by enthusiasm) :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's right, I also think AK is a great hand if I say someone is wrong with all-in on the flop with AK I don't think that's just that I don't use the allin pre-flop sometimes I let the players act to see whether or not I go anymore AK is a good hand it will always be a winning hand because most of the times she loses to pairs straight and trips without speaking flush plus each one has a strategy she wins a lot in all in because what AK shoves eliminates the opponent who would win with bigger hands

AK is a very strong hand. But pre-flop it is speculative, as you have nothing but two high cards, unlike a pocket pair, be it any pair. The big X of the matter is that you need to wobbly hands off the table to increase your equity so you need to bet. Finding the balance of this bet is most important, as you don't want to play AK against another 4 on the board. But you also don't want everyone to fold leaving you with just the blinds and ante. And as a rule, in my opinion, all-in preflop, unless you have AA or KK is pure lottery.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But you've 'forgotten your father's face' if you go all-in with AK preflop. Understanders will understand!

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think AK is a strong enough hand and most players with that hand take advantage of their opportunity effectively. But at the same time, none of the players are insured against bingo opponents who play with garbage.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
85% of the players who have played with me all in with AK are still feeling that the myth of AK being the strongest hand in the deck according to the players I think is pure myth because it is not because it is the strongest hand that will be the winning hand I already won several times that allin made with AK having only 2 and 3 in other QJ 10 and 9 so I think that before allin pre flop with AK it would be better to just raise and see the flop if I come A OR K on the table and do not come with a straight to another or flush then think about betting that hand ...
Hi skalibur, I tend to agree with you in some ways and disagree with you in others. It depends on the circumstances. I'll seldom call an all-in bet with AK unless the other player is short stacked and desperate. Such players often raise all-in with an ace and low kicker. I'll sometimes go all-in with AK in late position if there are only limpers ahead of me. A moderate raise, to build the pot should the flop be favorable, is in order in early position. I seldom play AK the same way twice in one sitting to be unpredictable. In no-limit, play the players. In limit, play the cards.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes. I win sometimes with AK....but... I have very bad experiences in some very important moments of tournaments with pocket cards AK. On bubble or near it I fold this every time. To danger for me.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have lost and seen a hell of a lot of losses with AK all in lately. Seems to run into pocket aces a lot for some reason. Again you have to remember that a blind all in with AK is a loser in the short and long run.

treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is very good preflop hand,especially suited version.
Usually prelop all in unless there are several raises beforehand.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play AK more calmly, not too aggressively, if the stacks are deep.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play AK and mostly go all-in with it then watch ..))

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just don't overvalue AX hands at all & you'll be more than fine with that)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
85% of the players who have played with me all in with AK are still feeling that the myth of AK being the strongest hand in the deck according to the players I think is pure myth because it is not because it is the strongest hand that will be the winning hand I already won several times that allin made with AK having only 2 and 3 in other QJ 10 and 9 so I think that before allin pre flop with AK it would be better to just raise and see the flop if I come A OR K on the table and do not come with a straight to another or flush then think about betting that hand ...
I've always played AK with caution, many overvalue these two cards, but depending on how the hand gets to you, sometimes a fold is a good deal.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
AK itself is a strong hand, but if you look closely at it, it is only 2 high cards that can be beaten by any pair or higher.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I only pre-flop with AA or KK and I'm already thinking about it because I can also lose several times, I think your advice is good and clear, I better raise the bet and be able to see the flop just in case I have to discard the hand because AK, although they are good pre-flop cards, they may not be after the flop

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone knows that even AA is the strongest card only preflop. And on the flop, things can change radically. That's why I prefer to see the flop with AK to avoid unnecessary losses.