Mike Matusow's new book.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a big fan of Matusow, hate the people who have those kind of blowups, but has anyone who had a negative opinion of him read the book? Just curious as to how it affected your opinion of him.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to think he was just an idiot, but lately Ive come around to the fact that he is quite a good player. He does blow up and do stupid moves from time to time, but he is also very good at reading players.

I agree... When Mike's focused (such as the Tournament of Champions) you see some really solid poker. Great reads, good mix-up of his play and a great table captain. After reading the book I cant help but to pull for him.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a big fan of Matusow, hate the people who have those kind of blowups, but has anyone who had a negative opinion of him read the book? Just curious as to how it affected your opinion of him.

I think most of us did at least slightly. Reading the book gives you a much better understanding of who he is. He is very forthcoming about things he has done wrong and pretty much owns up to them.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't get to excited about a book written by mike, don't like his personality.:( :p
but if by chance they do make a movie, hahaha, i'd have to see it. :itsme: :icon_albi

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of the few non-strategy poker books I'm interested in reading, if I can get hold of it someday. I find Matusow an intriguing and sympathetic character. He's clearly led an unusual life. I can see why some would find his antics off-putting, but I always sensed a depth to his "idiocy", and am curious as to the circumstances that shaped his disposition.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Mike, I always have even though I typically don't go for the blow-up types. Something about him just made me like him. I always thought he was a great but underrated player, and I bought the book as soon as it came out. Reading it reinforced my opinion of him being a great player, while also explaining why he sometimes behaves the way he does.

I get the feeling Mike is one of the *the* most genuine poker celebrities/personalities you'll find. He is what he is, take it or leave it, he doesn't pull punches and he doesn't make excuses.

This is making want to go back and re-read the book. :)