Mike Matusow's new book.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Matusow's autobiography

I ordered it off amazon and it just arrived today.
Has anyone else read it?

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it that short that you already read it?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read it, but the tinfoil fell over my eyes so I couldn't see it. It felt like a good read tho....

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read it. I Wrote It.

So I think it is a great book, of course.

Just FYI we are just finishing the screenplay and hope to have Hollywood on it next year.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D why would he write an autobiography does he have that many fans or anyone interested ?????:confused: :D
poor mike lol...........................:smile:

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say poor Mike, I'm certain he is making money off of this. I might have to read it next time I'm looking for something quick.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Laak said in bluff magazine it is amazing and recommends it. I might order it. :)

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D why would he write an autobiography does he have that many fans or anyone interested ?????:confused: :D

I like Mike & will be getting it v.soon :top:

Just FYI we are just finishing the screenplay and hope to have Hollywood on it next year.

Who's playing Mike in the film then? :D

Last edited:
Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who will play Mike?

We have someone in mind but are open to suggestions. Got any candidates? Remember he has to be able to play Mike from 22 to 37 yrs. So that means Robert Downey Jr. is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Poor Mike?? What??
I've actually heard it's an excellent book - has alot of good write-ups about it and comes highly recommended. Why would you say 'poor Mike'?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You're new here so I don't know whether to take you seriously or if you're joking. I'll consider it joking for now.

With all the positive comments listed here, I might just go ahead and give it a read.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is Tim Lavalli, the Poker Shrink, and co-author of the Matusow autobiography. I would be happy to discuss the book with the CardsChat members, anything at all you want to ask. 2+2 and other forums do not allow authors to discuss their books in great detail because, of course, they publish poker books and we are competition.

If you have any questions, before or after you read; I will be here to answer them.

The book is in most big stores already, Barnes & Noble will be featuring it in a week or so. Amazon ships the same day and most pre-orders from Amazon are in the mail now.

Hey Tim, great to have you here on the site!!
I'll be sure to take you up on this once I read the book.
.... an autographed copy to the winner of the CCOHE series would be kinda cool ;)

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nevermind, I just saw the other thread started in May about Mike's new book, so it seems Poker Shrink is for real. Good to know and glad to have you aboard at CC! When I get the book and read it I'll be glad to know there is someone available to answer questions about it!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poor Mike?? What??
I've actually heard it's an excellent book - has alot of good write-ups about it and comes highly recommended. Why would you say 'poor Mike'?

Saw him handing out books to his table mates during an early round of the wsop. From what I have heard, sounds like a good read.

white_lytning

white_lytning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read the first chapter in a book store waiting for a movie to start next door. Liked it but didn't like the price tag. I do want to read the whole thing, I like hearing about the girls, drugs, and bad decisions that come with lots of cash. Mike is a likable person. I just don't want to pay more than $15 for it. Thats a round of blinds.

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$16.47 on Amazon and Mike will sign any copy at any time.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$16.47 on Amazon and Mike will sign any copy at any time.

So if I order it tomorrow and it arrives on ..let's say Tuesday...then Mike will drop by on Wednesday and sign it for me? :p

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard good things about it. I may put it on the list for X-mas

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe.funny joke.Mike said anytime,but not anywhere.so,just find him.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The grammar nit in me feels the need to point out it's a biography (not an autobiography) because it was written by Poker Shrink and Amy Calistri, not Mike himself.

As for who could play him in a movie... Russell Crowe has demonstrated that he's willing to put on that kind of weight, but I dunno that anything else about him fits the part :p

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
(auto)biography

The grammar nit in me feels the need to point out it's a biography (not an autobiography) because it was written by Poker Shrink and Amy Calistri, not Mike himself.

The nit in us consulted with three professors of literature and got the same answer. If the subject is living and fully consults in the writing of the work and approves the end product then it may be called an autobiography.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look forward to reading this and welcome to the forum!
I looked at your player profile to get a better idea about you,It was empty.This is a good place to tell about yourself.Enjoy the site!

Snow :cool:

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just ordered my copy from Amazon and, as a confirmed lover of all books having to do with poker, can't wait to read this one too. I'm especially excited about having the opportunity to talk with you about the book. What a rare treat!

I'm so curious about how the book came about, and how you happened to become involved. I remember there was some talk 2 years ago or so about Michael Craig doing a book about Mike but the deal fell through for some reason.

Also, thanks for the nit-lit current definition of "autobiography"--who knew?! Glad to know that the tradition of ghostwriting is finally a thing of the past :).

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mm, a book by matusow. would be interesting to read bout how he grew up and how he was introduced to the game of poker.

wonder if he'll talk about his blowups. heh.