Mike Matusow's new book.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok for those of you who dont know.
Mike "the mouth" Matusow has come out with a new book.
Its called Check Raising The Devil,
Should be pretty cool story of the life of the mouth.
I have an autographed copy coming in the mail soon.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this like a week or two ago. Looks like it should be an enjoyable book. I'll probably buy in once I get done reading the million poker books I already have lol.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill have to keep an eye for that one :captain:

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how long until all the possible poker pun book titles get used up.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might be an entertaining book but if he writes like he talks it'll be 4,000 pages.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's about him, but not written by him, FWIW - even though the cover says it's an autobiography. It was written by Amy Calistri and Dr Tim Lavalli (aka The Poker Shrink).

I'd still be interested to check it out at some point though.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks for the heads up .............

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting...guess i`m going to read it..once i finish reading all my other books..Does somebody know what's the price of the book? or where can I find it?

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting...guess i`m going to read it..once i finish reading all my other books..Does somebody know what's the price of the book? or where can I find it?
You can just google it and there are tons of places that have it listed.
The price is between 15.00 and 20.00.
From what I havw noticed.

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is Tim Lavalli, the Poker Shrink, and co-author of the Matusow autobiography. I would be happy to discuss the book with the CardsChat members, anything at all you want to ask. 2+2 and other forums do not allow authors to discuss their books in great detail because, of course, they publish poker books and we are competition.

If you have any questions, before or after you read; I will be here to answer them.

The book is in most big stores already, Barnes & Noble will be featuring it in a week or so. Amazon ships the same day and most pre-orders from Amazon are in the mail now.

Last edited by a moderator:
darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks left52side.... i`ll run it on google...
poker shrink... i have a question... how is the book compared to others like super/system , harrington's books ?

XxJackAcexX

XxJackAcexX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i get one more poker book i'll need a new shelf lol the other one is chaulk full. Thanks for the heads up, i'll be watching for it

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: How many Matusow rants are in this book.
And did you have to bleep much of the text out ?

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker shrink... i have a question... how is the book compared to others like super/system , harrington's books ?

Check-Raising the Devil is Mike's autobiography not a strategy book at all. Mike is considering a tournament book and we may start working on that during the Series this summer.

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like mike , but i'll wait for the movie. jk

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: How many Matusow rants are in this book. And did you have to bleep much of the text out ?

There are a few rants but what I hope you will find more interesting are Mike's explanations of some of the rants you have seen on television. Like the 2004 wsop Raymer confrontations, as Mike (and Greg) will tell you, there was a lot more to that then what made it onto the ESPN telecast. Mike tells you all the background of that and other TV blowups.

We did edit some of Mike's language but by no means did we censor him and there are a fair number of direct quotes with all four letter words included.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the book go into any details about how Russ Hamilton(the UB guy) screwed Mike?

Oh and thanks for joining Poker Shrink, always nice to get a respected author to the site.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a fan of Mikes i am glad this book is out & also welcome to the forum (a friendly bunch of poker nuts :D).

Is Mike still thinking the positive way and does he believe its 'helped' his game/results? :)

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've got three poker books started already and more to begin. but thanks for the heads-up. i sorta like mike, lol. have fun reading your book. peace:)

Poker Shrink

Poker Shrink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Russ Hamilton

MIke does give the details of how he was cheated on UB. That was perhaps the only section of the book we had any debate about publishing but by the time we went to press the information was out there and we just couldn't or wouldn't ignore it.

Mike's new "positive attitude" will get a big test this summer, I will be following him closely at the Series and giving weekly "Mike" updates on my blog.

Last edited:
WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, PokerNews just came out with a review of the book that was extremely positive and made me want to read it.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, PokerNews just came out with a review of the book that was extremely positive and made me want to read it.
Yes I have heard nothing but good stuff about it.
Don't think it is to much a poker tutorial book,but more a biography.
Cant wait till my autographed copy gets here.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have heard nothing but good stuff about it.
Don't think it is to much a poker tutorial book,but more a biography.
Cant wait till my autographed copy gets here.

Where & when were the autographed books on offer?

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where & when were the autographed books on offer?
Well I know mike matusow was giving the first 6 callers to his show free autographed books.
I just asked scott matusow if he could get me a autographed copy.