Are men superior to women in poker?

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we're equal in potential, but women seem less interested in playing poker.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont even think its worthy to make the distinction - i view both sexes as equal and times have/are changing in poker.
You only have to look at our members in CC to see how good our mix of players are, granted the numbers of top female pros/top players are less but thats increasing each year - skill wise, theres very little in this (in my humble opinion).

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sorry, I disagree with your comment, what you can't notice is that there are a lot less women playing, enter a tournament (1000 participants) and click to see the list of players, it may happen that you don't have any or maybe one or two, what is the chance of them getting there?

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that from my point of view, both women and men have the same priorities, and the same senses, to obtain good results, women stand out a lot in professional poker. :p

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. In my opinion it's all individual regardless of gender. I think we are all bad at poker. More men than women play poker though.
Does this make men worse players?!?

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Speaking of skill no, both have the same ability! But in terms of the number of players, yes, but not because of fragility, but because of culture, as in other sports, an example is football, before women's football practically did not exist, but women's football today is very strong all over the world

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think women are too much better than men on everything.
Specially how they look and smell!
Starting by who generated men on this planet?

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport. In sports, there is rarely competition between men and women. I think men are better in this sport.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really don’t think chips are that heavy... hmmm could peeling cards be to straining enough to hold women back?? Think it’s like knitting, just more women are doing it so they are better at it.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, poker is a game of knowledge, strategies and many other factors, so it depends on the dedication of each one to develop certain skills for the game and not on the genre

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's silly to compare a poker game with a man or a woman, it all depends on the personality and his intellectual abilities. I can say one of the reasons why there are few women who own bracelets in poker, it's just not interesting to them and they don't really need it, many have other interests.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not about the gender difference.it all depends on discipline, skills, luck.women are certainly more diligent than men.be more careful.they can compete with men.I think the chances of men and women winning are 50/50.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's actually opposite, I believe. Yes, we haven't witnessed it yet, but the reason why women are not on the top lists is because male players have made up the majority of cash games or tournaments throughout history.

Perhaps this may change in the near future, and we may witness the predominance of women in poker. I do not foresee this for many other game/sports fields, but I think it is possible for poker.

(Also, I remember that just last year, the biggest online tournament in pokerstars history was won by a lady nicknamed Niffller, Vanessa Kade)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?
I don't know where you get your information, but I personally know a "woman" bracelet owner. She's retired now. A multi-millionaire all from poker winnings. I know several women who can bluff your socks off, but they don't get caught at it as often because men, and that's what I'm assuming you are, don't think they're capable of bluffing and fold to them. They soldier on even though they have to put up with a lot of misogynistic crap every day, like your post.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont think that doing difference men or women i just think that more men play but women or men is the same......

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?
Because most women are too smart to sit at a table for hours on end, chasing a dream that they will almost certainly never realize. ;)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we draw a parallel with chess, then only once did one of the Polgar sisters, Judith Polgar, get into the top ten of the Fide list, scoring 2,735 points in the FIDE rating.

"I have said in the past that there is real chess and women's chess. Some people don't like to hear this, but chess doesn't suit women properly. It's a struggle, you know? A big fight. It's not for women. Sorry. She's helpless if she's playing against a man. I think this is a very simple logic. This is the logic of a fighter, a professional fighter. Women are weaker than fighters." Garry Kasparov.

another opinion

"I think there should be no difference between men's and women's chess. In my opinion, chess is the only sport where their abilities and strengths are equal. Only women play in their tournaments, but if they play against men and work too hard, everything will be possible. Let's remember." Judith Polgar.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Men and Women Brains are VERY DIFFERENT, in the sense women in general are just not very interested in spending so many time playing poker.

Those women which are interested are just as good as men, if they want.

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I read a mono opinion here, especially the first to write on he generally does not follow poker there is such a girl Lena900 nickname she has already won 14 lamas I don't know how you can win so much without falling for final table recently for 5 lamas there was a tour she took 1st place 1,176,000 won as the dude wrote there does not get to the final table girls still gnaw out

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A woman thinks about something completely different, especially blondes, they either believe everything, or do not believe anyone at all, can not combine and think analytically, maybe 1% of women can no longer do this

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think a woman can become just as successful as a man in playing poker. Less women play poker so that is why there are less successful women.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You're wrong, tell me your arguments to Kristen Bicknell!) There are women who play poker very well and win tournaments - Kristen Bicknell, Vanessa Selbst and so on.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What do you think?
Hey bud, my wife likes it when guys like you sit down and look at her and comment that they know where they are going to get there money from, especially after looking at her chip stack. They assume that she is rich or sometimes get the idea that the other guys at the table are fish since they lost a lot of money to her. Either way most of them lose their stack and leave with a sore A** after she stacks them. ONE thing I have learned and do is NEVER DISRESPECT an opponent at the poker table, because you will then become a target by that person and others at the table who will target you because you are distracted.