Are men superior to women in poker?

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While men are playing poker and drinking, women are raising children and looking after the house.
Put everyone on a level playing field and ask the question again. :)

My point exactly and generally not starting pointless wars overseas... are exceptions to all of these men could be great fathers, women can certainly be great poker players.... clearly.. online and live are different I think women are better online than live personally and honestly

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Of course! Nah, just kidding. Some men just think they're superior. Gender doesn't matter.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Women play poker as well as men, the number of participants and household chores are the answer to the fact that they rarely win tournaments

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the very best players are women , therefore my answer is no. Men make up a majority of the player pool thus have a better likelihood of winning which may skew the results but there are more and more women joining the top ranks. I think it would help the game grow if a woman became wsop champion and I’d love to see it happen. (Unless I am at that final table for some miraculous reason) [emoji38]

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, we are. I do not want to sound rude but is truth. See the top results men are normally up there. I am total agree a top female player can be Champion of a major event. It happened before and it will on the future. But men are better players.
I would love to see more women on live events. The table guys gets more polite with a women around normally. It is great for the game.
Cheers,
M.D.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly there are only so many Annie Duke's out there with a brother like Howard Lederer!!

But Vanessa from canada just won the huge Sunday Million anniversary for around I'm not sure $1million USD and now she has just signed with America's CardRoom so Women can certainly be Superior to men in many cases !! Depends on the Soul of the Spirit in a person..

Some Women have much more intrisic and extrisic drives in all areas of Life than a lot of Men.. Especially Now A Days

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am female
Yes, on a whole men dominate us in most tournaments <3 I believe their brains are more apt to competition <3 We are getting there but the hundreds/thousands of years of not doing that has made us weak in that sense.
<3 Not trying to be sexist, just stating what I have noticed in my life.
There are things woman can do to mess men up in competition...some men you just have to sit down at the table and that makes them weak. Those men usually are not top tier performers though <3
I cherish what men can do that I cannot, I also have the same love for my female qualities that men cannot obtain. I also love that we have reached a point where we can sit down and play a game of poker together. I am also learning gentlemen (along with many other woman hehe) so watch out :p the playing field will be levelled <3

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am female
Yes, on a whole men dominate us in most tournaments <3 I believe their brains are more apt to competition <3 We are getting there but the hundreds/thousands of years of not doing that has made us weak in that sense.
There are things woman can do to mess men up in competition...some men you just have to sit down at the table and that makes them weak. Those men usually are not top tier performers though <3
I cherish what men can do that I cannot, I also have the same love for my female qualities that men cannot obtain. I also love that we have reached a point where we can sit down and play a game of poker together.

Yes but Women could exploit those weak men very easily a lot of guys are big on to ego and not folding down to anything so yes some Women have learned this and play exploitive expected chip value technique in order to extract more chips from lesser Man who will never make final tables

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes but Women could exploit those weak men very easily a lot of guys are big on to ego and not folding down to anything so yes some Women have learned this and play exploitive expected chip value technique in order to extract more chips from lesser Man who will never make final tables

Exactly, that is not so much a skill but exploiting a weakness <3 and those are definitely not top tier players <3

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It can be determined once the numbers of participants are equal, during good period of time. Until then you can have your assumptions ;)

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, that is not so much a skill but exploiting a weakness <3 and those are definitely not top tier players <3

Hahaha yes true such players will be at the mini and micro stakes much more than even medium roller events... But there are certainly exploitive plays to be made at high roller or even super high roller tables and events !! =):D:D

A

Adakain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker,I think women are more confident in keeping their distance and are less likely to break down in the game

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker,I think women are more confident in keeping their distance and are less likely to break down in the game
But keeping your distance could get you to fold the best hand .. it is best when Women don't play too nitty because men could easily be thrown off by aggression in an especially sexually dimorphed ( really feminine, attractive Lady )

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Lexi Gavin webinar on tournament play is probably the best poker resource on the internet for poker tournament play that I have heard, so, until someone can match that quality content as a dude, for tournaments, which is what I am interested in (tournaments). That is a solid NO in that regard.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ratio of women playing poker is a lot smaller, please think twice and be more considerate before posting.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually have no idea. I would have to know the statistics of all the players or at least most of them and know which of them are women and men.
There are more men playing poker than women it seems, so among the best there are probably more men than women.

P

PSMIKEL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A FOOL, AND MUST NOT KNOW WOMEN VERY GOOD.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely NOT!!!
There are obviously still occassions in life where one or the other are superior but definitely not in poker or any other card game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I don't think so, maybe there are more male participants in tournaments, I think that women play very well, they are very perceptive !!!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I do not believe it.

According to studies, they are smarter than us, so if you don't see many women excel in this game it's because they don't want to. ;)

S

Shab88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe at all that it is so. In any aspect of life. Women and men are the same. The only explanation i can find is that there are fewer women playing. But there are great female players.
yes

I am female
I cherish what men can do that I cannot, I also have the same love for my female qualities that men cannot obtain. I also love that we have reached a point where we can sit down and play a game of poker together. I am also learning gentlemen (along with many other woman hehe) so watch out :p the playing field will be levelled <3

I suppose you know, that you are likely to be an exception, nether than a rule:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Far from it, I have been up against too many great female players, I find it a lot harder to read Female players, and I find them harder to play against, when it gets to heads up, I have studied my play afterwards and discovered 2 of my main faults.

1, I find it harder to stare at Women I play against, because it seems a little perverted to stare at the opposite sex, in any situation.

2, Being the Gentleman I was brought up to be I am also a little too afraid to punish a Female player by using raises and re-raises when we finish Heads-up.

The only way I can beat them is to stop thinking of them as a Woman, and start playing against them as a any other Male player, but it is hard to visualize when they are more attractive.
I would hate to come up against Vanessa Rousso, Maria Ho or Liv Borree in a poker game, I would probably hand my chips over without playing a hand. :):):)

When the fun Stops, STOP!