Marijuana and poker?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would be very surprised to know who smokes pot,David.Hardly losers,,,i have a lifelong friend who smokes daily and he`s the President of one of the most powerful companies in North America(as kids we did other `hard` drugs also) :p

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And in canada,marijuana has been decriminalized and in a year or two will be fully legal to ingest by all.You can buy it in stores here,their on every corner of every section of the city,jockeying for position for when it`s totally legal as there will be billions up for grabs.$$$ Puff Puff Pass:cool: Let`s Party!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And did i fail to mention that Canada is the Best Country in the World!!!! He He :D

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool topic. Only way to know is trying... maybe for some it will help to focus and be relaxed, for others it will be bad and confuse the mind...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be interesting to see how it actually affects the bankroll/playing level of the user. Do an experiment both ways playing a month using cannabis and a month not using. Track stats and Bankroll and then you can see if it was good for you or not. It's easy to think it's good for you when you are high.
That is not possible, if you smoke weed, you smoke weed!, you don't just abstain for a month.
For those of us who have a problem being patient, we smoke weed, others take Ritalin.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannabis is for losers!
Educate yourself on the plant before you judge, if I didn't drink occasionally, I could say "alcohol is for losers", but people drink alcohol and people smoke cannabis.
Just a little known fact among us cannabis users, alcohol can kill you, cannabis can but only in a dose too large for any human to ingest.

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.

In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).

http://www.businessinsider.com/heal...na-2014-4/#it-can-be-used-to-treat-glaucoma-1

Last edited:
B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still for losers, though. A drug that turns bright people in boring dullards.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't need to be educated on this , I have friends who have smoked it all their lives and suffer heavily from anxiety, they can't go a day without it, they are paranoid wrecks and have consistent panick attacks. I'm more educated than you think pal. I'm 35 years old and I have seen and done more than you think.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't need to be educated on this , I have friends who have smoked it all their lives and suffer heavily from anxiety, they can't go a day without it, they are paranoid wrecks and have consistent panick attacks. I'm more educated than you think pal. I'm 35 years old and I have seen and done more than you think.
I'm 47 and I'll tell you these friends of yours have done more than just weed.
Like I had said before, there are those who take Ritalin and those who smoke weed for the same symptoms Ritalin alleviates, marijuana is a safer alternative than man made medicine.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree and no they only smoke weed

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The only combination is music and poker .No weed and no alchohol is good combination while playing poker.

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, my employer often checks their employees for the presence of prohibited substances in the urine. Russia has tightened the law for the use of cannabis. So I don't remember this condition. But I think that high, the player will be less aggressive, as it will be more afraid to lose, he will be more cautious in their decisions. This is my opinion!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are two different things. I think it is not necessary to combine them.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to eat edibles and listen to very soothing chill music while I have sessions online or live that last for several hours. I find that it helps me to be patient, relaxed, and eases tilt on those bad beats. :D

I live in California so we can smoke legally or edibles. I think edibles are more appropriate for live action. But at home online gives me a little more patience and yes bad beats aren't as bad. I use Marijuana for relaxing purposes. Its better than any prescription drugs I believe.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it helps you and you do well doing it there is no problem

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only combination is music and poker .No weed and no alchohol is good combination while playing poker.

Definitely not alcohol for sure. I have won big taking big risks while drinking but usually not the case. Alcohol makes me not scared to do stupid things. Not good with poker :S

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana and poker are part of my life since my adolescence, obviously form a good combination, depending on the time and occasion, always in moderation.

Is that the guy from breaking bad? I loved that show.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started smoking and playing poker again. Think I do have less anxiety when coming to folding or calling big hands. Some people smoke or eat cannabis to get goofy. Some of us use it to chill our nerves or even to help with appetite. Anyways to each his or her own. I guess I could go get a prescription for Ritalin, Zanax

77Assassins

77Assassins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like smoking weed when I play also, but I only want a slight buzz, amphetamines are fun to use also while playing but be careful your not to high took me a while to figure that one out lol good gear can make you so confident and fearless you will be going all in with 7-2 off suite. As for opiates I don't suggest you start off playing with them in your system, as it can be disappointing to wake up only to realise there are only 3 players left in the tourney and you ran out of chips several hrs ago. The only time Dr 77Assassins recommends you take opiates while you play is if you started playing 12-18 hrs before hand while you were full of amphetamins, now there out of your system and you got a full day of action ahead of you on the tables, but your strung out big time, then opiates will fix you up good and proper.

Well at least that's what they say... (Evil Laugh)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to plead the 5th officer.
I have heard it can take the edge off, and it helps with arthritic fingers, that is what I have heard.