***March Megalomania Poker Chat Thread***

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ugh, March now officially sucks. **** all you guys and your negativity. You destroyed my chi. How in the hell do the two 80 VPIP guys at the table both get ****ing dealt Aces when I get kings? How is that even fair?

Ugh, time for a break. Time to go kick some kittens to make myself feel better.

I think Chuck has the kittens atm. You'll need to wait your turn.

Here, if you think that's bad luck, check this out...

Attachments

• really bad beat.JPG
    really bad beat.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 4
Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i was looking at that like, wtf why didnt you split with the other Ace guy, how did he win??

Then I realized you arnt even in the hand.

Sucks for the kings guy, flop a boat and lose.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Board: Qh Kh 5d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 32.620% 32.62% 00.00% 4844 0.00 { AdAh }
Hand 1: 67.380% 67.38% 00.00% 10006 0.00 { 55, KQs, JhTh, Jh9h, Th9h, KQo }

in my opinion you still have to get it in on that flop (you have a backdoor anyways), just because you become super exploitable if you play AA this way on a flop where he can realistically only have one set. this concept may not be very applicable to fullring, but at heads-up for example, if you're crediting your opponent with a very strong range and your adjustment to playing AA is not to jam on that flop but rather to _____ (i dunno, do you normally call the c/r and then fold turn? or what do you do normally there? fold?), it theoretically allows him to own your soul. it's sort of like taking the bet, bet, c/f line with an overpair when the board becomes worse (such as KT8ss, and you have AA, and then it comes 7s, Qh, and you bet the turn and get called, and then c/f fold the river because "wtf do you beat"). you know what i mean? this hand might be a bad example for this, but that's something i'd like to mention for those interested in 6max and HU, i've gotten a lot of word from HS players (ahnuld, 20 buck spin, cowpig, if you guys know any of those guys), there are some lines where you turn into an exploitable player temporarily, and you wanna avoid those spots. again, i dont know if this is necessarily relevant to fullring, or this villain, or w/e, but keep that in mind when you're dabbling in mid-stakes 6max, HU, etc. it becomes a somewhat important concept. at times it becomes better to turn your once monster into a semi-bluff (i use semi-bluff because you can still get called by worse, and sometimes you can even fold out better!), just so you aren't getting owned in spots.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$22rebuy: I successfully draw to a gutshot on the turn then stack him on the river

bizool: stupid donkey
bizool: go eat some banan and stop poker fish
Irexes: your mighty minraise scared me but I found the courage to call
bizool: nice call a lot of outs donk
Irexes: I had reverse implied super pot continuation odds

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to go buy some pepto-bismol asap. my stomach has been going nuts for the last 2 days. i've had diarrea like 8 times and vomited 3 times. i know you guys want pics or it didn't happen, but you'll have to take my word on this one.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to go buy some pepto-bismol asap. my stomach has been going nuts for the last 2 days. i've had diarrea like 8 times and vomited 3 times. i know you guys want pics or it didn't happen, but you'll have to take my word on this one.

Graph or it didn't happen.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't he phwoar warned ?

It touched a rawr nerve I think.

My table image is awesome imo :cool: I timebanked the river before shoving.

poker stars, $22 Buy-in (50/100 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
MP2: 3,575 (35.8 bb)
MP3: 5,030 (50.3 bb)
CO: 8,645 (86.5 bb)
BTN: 13,640 (136.4 bb)
SB: 4,445 (44.5 bb)
Hero (BB): 8,480 (84.8 bb)
UTG+1: 6,630 (66.3 bb)
MP1: 4,050 (40.5 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 6:club: A:club:
UTG+1 raises to 300, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 300, 4 folds, Hero calls 200
Flop: (950) 4:club: 3:heart: 9:club: (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 600, MP2 folds, Hero calls 600
Turn: (2,150) 8:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 1,800, Hero calls 1,800
River: (5,750) 7:club: (2 players)
Hero bets 5,780 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls 3,930 and is all-in
Results:[spoil] 13,610 pot
Hero showed 6:club: A:club: (a flush, Ace high) and won 13,610 (6,980 net)
UTG+1 showed K:diamond: K:heart: (a pair of Kings) and lost (-6,630 net)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Picture2-21.png

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm tempted to set a stop-loss of 2 buy ins per session, just to see what happens. it seems super nitty, but it might be a better way of avoiding tilt which comes with losing 5-10 buy ins to one guy.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm tempted to set a stop-loss of 2 buy ins per session, just to see what happens. it seems super nitty, but it might be a better way of avoiding tilt which comes with losing 5-10 buy ins to one guy.

fwiw worth im gonna try it too

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in heads-up it seems a lot more necessary because you're playing the one guy, and when you try some weirdo line and spew off a stack and you realize, oh yeah, this guy is a total station, i'm gonna valuetown him, so next hand you 3bet AT, get called, flop KT3r, you cbet, get called, turn 8 making a FD, you barrel to charge him for draws, river 6, you wanna c/c in case he's bluffing, and it turns out he had KQ, and you're all rah rah angry and there goes 200 BBs and you're on tilt. it's almost instantaneous, and then winning it all back is a long process and makes you a tilty thomas. dunno i think i can avoid it and still be profitable

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you still have to get it in on that flop (you have a backdoor anyways), just because you become super exploitable if you play AA this way on a flop where he can realistically only have one set. this concept may not be very applicable to fullring, but at heads-up for example, if you're crediting your opponent with a very strong range and your adjustment to playing AA is not to jam on that flop but rather to _____ (i dunno, do you normally call the c/r and then fold turn? or what do you do normally there? fold?), it theoretically allows him to own your soul. it's sort of like taking the bet, bet, c/f line with an overpair when the board becomes worse (such as KT8ss, and you have AA, and then it comes 7s, Qh, and you bet the turn and get called, and then c/f fold the river because "wtf do you beat"). you know what i mean? this hand might be a bad example for this, but that's something i'd like to mention for those interested in 6max and HU, i've gotten a lot of word from HS players (ahnuld, 20 buck spin, cowpig, if you guys know any of those guys), there are some lines where you turn into an exploitable player temporarily, and you wanna avoid those spots. again, i dont know if this is necessarily relevant to fullring, or this villain, or w/e, but keep that in mind when you're dabbling in mid-stakes 6max, HU, etc. it becomes a somewhat important concept. at times it becomes better to turn your once monster into a semi-bluff (i use semi-bluff because you can still get called by worse, and sometimes you can even fold out better!), just so you aren't getting owned in spots.

Good point. I guess if I fold AA in that spot it basically makes that play he made with a naked flush draw a good play because I'm folding basically everything but the nuts and even when I have a set here his equity isn't horrible.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ya this is true but a lot of players aren't really thinking about playing in a way that's going to exploit your tendencies, they're simply thinking "well i'm gonna c/c KJ here, c/r KQ, c/r a set, c/r a combo draw" etc.

i think at 6max there is enough pure bluffing and playing draws fast in this spot-- partly based on the exploitability idea but partly because the mentality is just different and there's more aggression -- that it's pretty standard to stack off. but yeah, at full ring, it's probably a fold most of the time vs. competent players. it's definitely exploitable but that doesn't matter if almost nobody is exploiting it. at FR very few players are doing that in my experience

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe it reminds me of the times when i played fullring and tried to "exploit" everyone and ended up losing all my money

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya this is true but a lot of players aren't really thinking about playing in a way that's going to exploit your tendencies, they're simply thinking "well i'm gonna c/c KJ here, c/r KQ, c/r a set, c/r a combo draw" etc.

i think at 6max there is enough pure bluffing and playing draws fast in this spot-- partly based on the exploitability idea but partly because the mentality is just different and there's more aggression -- that it's pretty standard to stack off. but yeah, at full ring, it's probably a fold most of the time vs. competent players. it's definitely exploitable but that doesn't matter if almost nobody is exploiting it. at FR very few players are doing that in my experience

Note that it was 6max, but it was also only 1/2 on UB where even the regs don't pay attention to that because the way they make their money is valuetowning idiot fish who call off with gutshots, not trying to make other regs fold overpairs.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FMMFL

pokerstars Game #26036496422: Tournament #147626476, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (175/350) - 2009/03/16 18:13:17 ET
Table '147626476 107' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Albino 187 (32885 in chips)
Seat 2: andrianov (39482 in chips)
Seat 3: SoulMaster7 (19886 in chips)
Seat 4: energy_66 (14100 in chips)
Seat 5: tekku7181 (15581 in chips)
Seat 6: KingCurtis67 (23527 in chips)
Seat 7: Remedy007 (28150 in chips)
Seat 8: gutshot544 (4610 in chips)
Seat 9: Breeze119 (5950 in chips)
Albino 187: posts the ante 45
andrianov: posts the ante 45
SoulMaster7: posts the ante 45
energy_66: posts the ante 45
tekku7181: posts the ante 45
KingCurtis67: posts the ante 45
Remedy007: posts the ante 45
gutshot544: posts the ante 45
Breeze119: posts the ante 45
Remedy007: posts small blind 175
gutshot544: posts big blind 350
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingCurtis67 [Kd Ks]
Breeze119: folds
Albino 187: folds
andrianov: folds
SoulMaster7: raises 700 to 1050
energy_66: folds
tekku7181: calls 1050
KingCurtis67: raises 3150 to 4200
Remedy007: folds
gutshot544: folds
SoulMaster7: raises 15641 to 19841 and is all-in
tekku7181: folds
KingCurtis67: calls 15641
*** FLOP *** [7s 8c 9c]
*** TURN *** [7s 8c 9c] [6d]
tekku7181 said, "1010 drawing dead"
*** RIVER *** [7s 8c 9c 6d] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SoulMaster7: shows [Ts Td] (a straight, Six to Ten)
KingCurtis67: shows [Kd Ks] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
SoulMaster7 collected 41662 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 41662 | Rake 0
Board [7s 8c 9c 6d 6h]
Seat 1: Albino 187 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: andrianov folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: SoulMaster7 showed [Ts Td] and won (41662) with a straight, Six to Ten
Seat 4: energy_66 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: tekku7181 folded before Flop
Seat 6: KingCurtis67 (button) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with two pair, Kings and Sixes
Seat 7: Remedy007 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: gutshot544 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Breeze119 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tekku7181 said, "1010 drawing dead"

Isn't he the master of poker.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he might have had the other two 10's

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, i think that's what he was saying. which makes it a pretty sick beat :(

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't see that the guy who said TT drawing dead was not the one all in. I apologize.

For no apparent reason I sat down at a 50nl Hu table. 2nd hand this:
Match lasted 4 hands, suffice to say I'm not going to play it again.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): $51.80 (103.6 bb)
SB: $50 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: A:heart:
SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB raises to $11.50, Hero raises to $51.80 and is all-in, SB calls $38.50 and is all-in

Flop: ($100) 8:club: 9:heart: Q:club: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: ($100) Q:heart: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($100) A:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $100 pot ($0.50 rake)
Hero showed A:diamond: A:heart: (a full house, Aces full of Queens) and won $99.50 ($49.50 net)
SB mucked K:club: K:spade: (two pairs, Kings and Queens) and lost (-$50 net)