Letting the Timer Run (Stalling)

M

Maitresse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say, when I started reading the thread I fully intended to put in my two cents on the topic and leave it at that. However, I got all caught up in the back and forth and now I'm just relieved that Zer0 and Memphis figured out where each was coming from.

And, it seems the overall takeaway is everyone has different reasons and running down the clock can be advantageous or just a waste of time depending on circumstances, which is what I thought originally, too. I will generally run my clock down if the blinds are about to go up on a small stack, or if I really need to consider my move. Otherwise, I generally act quickly.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly dont see why people are so tilted by someone using their allotted timeclock. It is a huge advantage to use it in its entirety when the antes and blind levels rise. The way I see it, it allows you to better realise your equity when you reach ITM. The faster you play, the more antes and blinds you take.

If it bothers you, then you need to work on being more patient. Otherwise try running more then 1 table so you dont have to wait for some action.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of great comments on this thread. Every one has the choice to play as they choose with in the confine of the rules. Some are playing several tables, some trying certain strategies and others love to piss people off. Regardless of the reason you are allowed that time. There are certain incidents that I wish there were more time, but not often.

If it bothers that much, find the sites that have the least amount time given or find something else to do. Really humorous to see some go off at the table when people are playing with in the rules.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the $500 guaranteed last night and from whit I see its mainly those who enter just before the late registration ends. We went from 74 left to 106 in a matter of Minutes. They were just stalling tring to make the money. Thats a piss poor strategy if you ask me.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also a good time to time bank is if you're in a tournament and you're on the bubble to make it to the money and you see someone else is going all in and might bust. There's a tactic there that it's worth it to stall in that scenario. Might annoy some people on your table but it's certainly smart to do in that scenario.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I find this particularly annoying if someone is doing it every hand. Most of the time faced with a tricky decision I like give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are multitabling too. The thing is they will soon use their time bank so if its a frequent occurrence each time will become less