Letting the Timer Run (Stalling)

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Idiots who let the timer run show be banned from all rooms! Wasting other people's time is rather jerkish! Grow up people and PLAY THE GAME!

It is interesting how you do not want players to ale their time but you want them to PLAY THE GAME.

Well my friend, I have some news for you. Taking time and running down the clock is PLAYING THE GAME. It is just playing the game in a way that you do no the like. It is often a poor strategy of players trying to make the money by blinding out, but also it is a strategy to affect players like you who let it get into their heads and upsets you. This leads to you making mistakes. Keep up the great work..

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually only do it when I play Beat The Clock on pokerstars and I have quite a big stack as not to waste it on blinds and antes and stuff. I think in this case it could be considered an acceptable strategy.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I run the clock when I'm up against the all in every hand idiot. If he is wasting my time I'll waste his.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players make it on purpose. Your goal is to provoke other players to make them on tilt.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the most conviction i have. I hate when people stall esp if its in the beginning stage of the tournament where i am trying to see as many hands as possible. Alot of players stall near the bubble too, which pisses me off as well. so yeah to all you stallers out there reading this GET lost.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is you problem, there are hyper, turbo, zoom play what you like.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Way!

Idiots who let the timer run show be banned from all rooms! Wasting other people's time is rather jerkish! Grow up people and PLAY THE GAME!

No way this is a totally sound strategy that I employ with great effectiveness. I use this move when I have a healthy chip stack and we are on the bubble. I always wait until I get my time warning to make my next move, be it checking, calling or raising. The reason I do this is because it eats up the clock. My shorter stacked opponents need every hand they can get before for the blinds eat them alive. This puts pressure on my short stacked opponents. They are in a race with the clock and the blinds to find a place to make a move before they go broke. I have a healthy chip stack so I am not at all afraid to let the blinds go up. As an added bonus this move pisses everyone else off. Now YOU are playing short stacked, YOU are facing elimination, the blinds are about to go up again, and now YOU ARE TILTED .

It seems like a solid strategy to me and it works.

Last edited:
Susan0514

Susan0514

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with DudePoker. there are good reasons to use the extra time even if that use is to piss us off.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody is breaking the rules, i used to do this until i stopped caring if make the money are not.. I'm just going to play my game, very rarely will i be so short stacked that i'll just play to cash the min payout, or satellite into a $200 event so I'm looking to at least make the payout there as well regardless of my stack size..

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are all kinds of reasons to take your time with a decision . There are also many reasons to stall . As long as the site allows it you can use your time as you like . If it tilts the ADHD types all the better !

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stall if I'm in a step Tournament on 888 and I'm low stacked right before the bubble pops.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be a good system to monitor players who consistently "time bomb" and perhaps lower their time bank. I would even be happy with a lower starting time bank. People who waste time is one of the main reason I don't like playing tournaments anymore.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
There are all kinds of reasons to take your time with a decision . There are also many reasons to stall . As long as the site allows it you can use your time as you like . If it tilts the ADHD types all the better !

You have given me a wicked idea skaterick. Can't say what it is right now, but thanks.

What about, if I wear shades and a hoody... that's cool :cool:

LOL. Just loving this thread.

FeRRi0

FeRRi0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, i think this time bank its yours, and you can do anything what you want. So, if sometimes i need time to speak on telephone, answer to my wife, think a bit more, change table, just sit and look to the window cuz im tied or change music in my chrome tab - i can do that. And i absolutely dont care what other players think about it. Its my own time, this room gives it to me and i can use it as i wish

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this and I also never have my chat box on either, so I never have to waste my time reading all the trash the T-ed off people say in the chat box at me when I do it.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that it is annoying but it is just like anything they are playing by the rules so there is nothing that can be done except to try and be patient because it only affects you negatively if you cannot get over the fact that it is happening.

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. It is necessary to reduce the time. This will make the game more dynamic.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I understand sb using his time to delay on the bubble , especially if it's a sat , I don't think it's sth bad , many do it . Sometimes , a decision is hard to be taken and time is needed . I say that they should give us more time , that would be fine .

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't stand people who stall, especially in low buyin tournaments where the prize is not even that big anyway. If you want to stall a little bit near the bubble fine, but if you are just stalling constantly you really are a pos.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When people do it in tournaments close to the bubble I can understand. The problem is other tables could be moving along and your losing chances at increasing your stack by the lack of hands.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't understand your aggression on it why are you so against it?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The politics of games paid in poker stars, already observes this very carefully coming to ban players who make execivo use of the time
these attitudes of lack of game, and that do not help in any way the good progress of a tournament, imagine if all the players made use of this , a tournament would last a week to finish