Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 63: 389% ($7,776)
Day 64: 393% ($7,867)
Day 65: 366% ($7,325)

I did play a second session, totaling about 2,000 hands today once again.

Initally, I took down a few pots but after I lost a 300BB pot as an 85% favorite, followed by running a set of tens into a set of jacks, I had to accept the fact that this swing is apparently far from over.

Chris, I am very sorry you are experiencing this huge downswing.:(

I hope this is just a very unlucky sequence of bad luck. If you ever need someone to look at your hand histories objectively, please let me know. I would gladly do that. I know that if I experienced such a downswing, I would be very careful to ensure that my play is not affected.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as Chris goes, I know you claim you're playing well and getting unlucky etc..., but it's sure hard to say from that funky downslope graph that it doesn't look like you're tilting just the slightest bit.

I hope this is just a very unlucky sequence of bad luck. If you ever need someone to look at your hand histories objectively, please let me know. I would gladly do that. I know that if I experienced such a downswing, I would be very careful to ensure that my play is not affected.
I guess you guys have a point there. I know that Cheetah is very busy, so I guess it may be best to start a separate thread where I post every hand that's cost me at least 100BB during this downswing for people to review.

I know that I made a few mistakes here and there, but maybe I made more than I realize? Will post up a thread probably tonight.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you guys have a point there. I know that Cheetah is very busy, so I guess it may be best to start a separate thread where I post every hand that's cost me at least 100BB during this downswing for people to review.

I know that I made a few mistakes here and there, but maybe I made more than I realize? Will post up a thread probably tonight.

Chris, that's a great idea. Much better to get the opinion of more than one person.

However, a small consistant leak can be just as bad as an occasional loss of your stack. I would also check the PO stats before the downswing and after to see whether there is a change how certain hands are played or whether certain positions have become less profitable.

When I first started playing poker, I started with Limit holdem. Fairly quickly I became profitable at the lowest levels. Then, I started "improving" my game and closed a lot of leaks. Without realizing it at first, I opened bigger leaks than I was closing.:eek: It is so easy to go from a profitable play to non-profitable play that it is not funny.

I hope that's not a contributing factor for your downswing, but if it is, I am sure you can fix it if you are aware of it.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 65: 366% ($7,325)
Day 66: 381% ($7,611)
Day 67: 364% ($7,275)

Sigh.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 96
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i were u i would withdraw the porfit that i still incurred and start over with the rest
just so that u dont lose so much and u can always reload if that sum is lost

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That wouldn't make much of a difference seeing as how I started with $60 ;)

Also, I'm not worried about losing my bankroll at all. I could probably play NL100 until I die without going broke but obviously the goal is to build not to stagnate.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well right now it is just going down so i think u should consistently play at 1 level that u feel comfortable at until u regain ur confidence in ur game and have a 10K BR again ;)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't believe some of the horrible play I ran into yesterday, it was unbelievable. I hadn't seen it before to that extent, and it started out my day on one rough note. The graph shows a loss for yesterday, but after I entered my data I found a few more tables in the early morning hours to come out at about even.

Today was a different story. I decided to 4-table again, but the outcome was greatly different. After maybe an hour or so, I did nicely at maybe half the tables, the other half was no big loss or gain. Hitting quads on the flop and slow playing helped. And that's why I'm deciding to call it a night. It's kind of funny since I just woke up maybe 2 hours ago, it's only 6 and already my poker day is done, but hey, what can ya do. It's not a huge gain total, but I'm satisfied since I could be working on other things and This Is For Fun! I have to remind myself this. I really do.

Attachments

• image001.gif
    image001.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much zero last two days. But points for bonuses and promotions at full tilt poker and pokerstars.

9 114.4%
10 121.0%
11 122.4%
12 122.2%

Attachments

• PigpenNew.jpg
    PigpenNew.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 89
B

bulletsaa123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just found this thread...just had a huge loss(for me...50 to 15 dollars) so im definitely going to adopt this br stragegy of 5 percent for sngs and 2 percent for mtts and hopefully build my br back up. however i did start from nothing so even if i lose i guess thats okay too. ok here goes...
---------------------------------------------------------
day 1=15.43...100%
i will post updates when i can

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 66: 381% ($7,611)
Day 68: 391% ($7,824)

Success! I managed to win over seven stacks in about 4 hours of play. My bankroll went above 8K, and according to my system I have moved back up to NL200. NL400 waits at 9K, so let's hope things don't go back to bad from here.

The first 30 minutes at NL200 did go pretty bad. My set of Kings lost to a gutshot straight draw -> felted.

But I still feel that I've made huge progress (in terms of stacks) today, so it's all good. Of course, in the graph it looks as if I have barely profited at all due to the smaller stakes.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 76
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well chris it is good to c you having a profitable day again
well done

S

sportsfreak_39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
here's my background played poker for a few years turned good profit, after getting bad beats and suck out took a 6 month break

Day 1: 100%
Day 2: 109%
Day 3: 128%

and then it starts again

Day 4: 96%
Day 5: 83%
Day 6: 67%

depressed, but then I realize a key mistake in my game, and then

Day 7: 75%
Day 8: 80%
Day 9: 110%
Day 10: 107%
Day 11: 105%
Day 12: 122%

and not looking back ;)

P

purple_princess

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all for building a bankroll. I like FTP better than the other sites.

B

bulletsaa123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 1=15.43...100%
day 2=16.28...105.51%
hmmm decent play for the day overall i suppose. i had a nich cash game run almost 4xd my $1 buyin but left with 2.50 instead. later i bought in again for a dollar but got my straight busted by a full on the turn although i flopped the straight. i had .37 left but kinda tilted and lost that in about 2 seconds.
strengths: sustained a long run of good play and came ahead.
weakness: lost on a hand that i was not sure how to play.
went on tilt with the .37 out of 1 that i bought in with and lost it very quicky.

--so...if anyone would like to elaborate on my weaknesses and how i could improve or what i shoud do in those situations any help would be greatly appreciated. if there is any thing i can do in return i would certainly look into doing it.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose you should post the hand that you weren't sure how to play.

As far as the tilting goes, I guess you're simply gonna have to learn to control it. One, two or three big suckouts in a row are just a normal part of the game sometimes.

N

no1yidmax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Been looking at this thread from pretty much the day I joined, ok that wasn't long ago, but I think it's been really well done and updates regularly so we can all see how you guys are really doing, I'd like to say gl and I hope you all continue to build up those Br's maybe one day I'll be there with you :D.

gl at the tables all

no1yidmax

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually started on full tilt with $550, but fck it lets start where I am now.

Progress report

Day 0: 100% ($677)

Last edited:
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 68: 391% ($7,824)
Day 69: 398% ($7,950)

Well, only up about half a stack for the day.
Kings really are my cursed hand. As is the case so often, I got into an all-in situation with the only other 320BB stack at the table. He had Aces, I kissed over one and a half stacks goodbye.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 62
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After fifty some odd days I'm going to make a decision to call it quits, at least for now. I almost crashed and burned the past couple days (not really, but I'm on my way there if I really tried ;) lol) and can't even turn a positive session anymore. It's sad that things went so bad in such a short amount of time when I was starting to do so well. I do have adequate BR amount to make a comeback....even more than the 100% I started with, but it seems pointless now. My goal was to make a couple hundred here and there and it turned out to be more than work. I want to keep poker fun and that's what I'll play for now on. This whole grinding day in and day out just got the better of me I guess, along with the amount of time spent, amongst other things, it's just not worth it. BR going constantly up and down, and around. I guess a steady gain everyday just isn't possible. I used to play 7-card stud at party poker and think I could dominate. Well, it's funny looking back and thinking it would be a whole lot easier. I can REALLY appreciate now, the guys and gals who can actually make a partial income off internet poker. Good luck to everyone, I hope the grind turns out better in your favor in the long run.

Last edited:
Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After fifty some odd days I'm going to make a decision to call it quits, at least for now. I almost crashed and burned the past couple days (not really, but I'm on my way there if I really tried ;) lol) and can't even turn a positive session anymore. It's sad that things went so bad in such a short amount of time when I was starting to do so well. I do have adequate BR amount to make a comeback....even more than the 100% I started with, but it seems pointless now. My goal was to make a couple hundred here and there and it turned out to be more than work. I want to keep poker fun and that's what I'll play for now on. This whole grinding day in and day out just got the better of me I guess, along with the amount of time spent, amongst other things, it's just not worth it. BR going constantly up and down, and around. I guess a steady gain everyday just isn't possible. I used to play 7-card stud at party poker and think I could dominate. Well, it's funny looking back and thinking it would be a whole lot easier. I can REALLY appreciate now, the guys and gals who can actually make a partial income off internet poker. Good luck to everyone, I hope the grind turns out better in your favor in the long run.

I am sorry it is not working for you now.:( Perhaps you can give it another try some day.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess a steady gain everyday just isn't possible.

I used to think the same thing but since taking on really trying to build a bankroll by proper BRM rules, I've proven to myself that it is possible. You just have to be happy with very very small gains.

But the most important thing is that you enjoy the game when you play. And if doing this is too much of a grind for you and making the game not fun, then I think it's a good idea for you to stop doing it.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
98 165.23%
99 165.24%
100 150.15%
101 150.60%
102 143.33%
103 146.37%

Well the last few days have been alittle rough. On Thursday (Day 100), I thought I would try moving up to .02/.05 PLO8 and sit with $4. I did not play well and lost two buy ins. I then played a Razz SNG and bubbled when the other 2 players let the short stack, who was basically dead, come back from nothing. I was completely card dead during this and then it was too late. Then I decided I would trying multi tabling .01/.02 PLO8 and that also went bad. So I had a huge drop off. I really probably should have called it quits after the SNG, so that was definitely a mistake on my part.

Saturday (Day 102), again I played poorly in PLO8, dropping 4 buy ins. Then losing two SNGs. One was NL and I got my KK cracked early on by Q5o. The other was a Triple Draw SNG, that just didn't go well.

Today, I rallied back and played well on all fronts. I switched between PLO8, Stud H/L, and NL Cash Games and was successful all day long. Resulting a confidence boost.

smd173_perc.jpg

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheetah,
Is there anyway to scale back the number of days on the graph? I don't know if it's cause I'm now over 100 days or not but it just shot up to 600 and I feel like it makes part of my graph difficult to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management