Chips
I will choose a pair of course, this is not even discussed

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 10 is a much better hand than KQ heads up. You might make the argument that KQ realizes equity a lot better multi-way but I still don't think it's enough to beat the insane power of TT.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
10 10

KQ looks like a bluff hand to me, I'd go All In Preflop with 10 10.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Any pocket pair has connectors beat pre-flop, simply because you are starting a hand with a pair already, and in theory 70% of the time, everyone misses the flop.
Generally speaking I would rather push all-in with a pair, than risk it with connectors, because of the same reasoning, but! depending on position, stack-size, and how many are involved in the hand, I would possibly call an all-in from someone with either hand.
It is all down to the Poker Gods and how lucky you feel, that is how bad beats and suck outs happen, Once I called an all-in with K/3 suited and found myself up against A/K , I paired the 3 and won, but I was the player at risk and I was just tired of being pushed around by the big stack, nothing skillful about it, just a lucky coin toss.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

beelzeebuub

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10/10

heads up, 10/10 preflop is a winner against kq a little more often than not..

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heads up, 10/10 preflop is a winner against kq a little more often than not..

I agree with you, math says that 1010 is the winner against KQ most of the time, but so far for me it's almost 50/50. I usually don't go in all-in with KQ preflop, though.

B

beelzeebuub

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, math says that 1010 is the winner against KQ most of the time, but so far for me it's almost 50/50. I usually don't go in all-in with KQ preflop, though.

I would never go all in pre-flop with kq suited or not.. pair of 10's and up are worthy shoves in heads up situations..I generally hate to go all in pre flop heads up unless I have any pair.. even ducks..

B

beelzeebuub

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
reply ..ducks or better pre-flop heads up

I would never go all in pre-flop with kq suited or not.. pair of 10's and up are worthy shoves in heads up situations..I generally hate to go all in pre flop heads up unless I have any pair.. even ducks.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1010 good to play, it s a pair with more chances to win against KQ.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both cards... KQ is good and 10 10 is good... :D

have a nice day :)

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pair

Pair of tens all day, most times when I have tens or better hole cards I win so my choice not everyone else. Capo1014

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to have a pair of 10s in your hand than a flying KQ.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 10 10, the pair always has a higher chance of winning a set KQ I think such a good Kq hand is not the best hand in principle

W

WinJay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ orTT

KQ is stronger than the 10 10, they will almost always go ahead. Since about 10 10 you will be cautious if you see one of these cards on the board and the villain is paying bets. The most sensible thing would be to pass the river and fold to any bet. vs regular.

But we are talking about preflop equity (since its beggining for every hand), so TT is a ready hand for Allin, since QK needs to strengthen...and by the way TT block straight with KQ...but often KQ may not come at all

W

WinJay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any pocket pair has connectors beat pre-flop, simply because you are starting a hand with a pair already, and in theory 70% of the time, everyone misses the flop.
Generally speaking I would rather push all-in with a pair, than risk it with connectors, because of the same reasoning, but! depending on position, stack-size, and how many are involved in the hand, I would possibly call an all-in from someone with either hand.
It is all down to the Poker Gods and how lucky you feel, that is how bad beats and suck outs happen, Once I called an all-in with K/3 suited and found myself up against A/K , I paired the 3 and won, but I was the player at risk and I was just tired of being pushed around by the big stack, nothing skillful about it, just a lucky coin toss.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

If you don't work on your play, fun stops after luck stops, so no hard work - no fun

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question is probably coming from hobby player...... not even mention suited or not that KQ....

if it is cg definitely 1010, it makes +++ in mid, long run, even vs KQs... in tourneys highly depends on the situation, in key ones, i dont want to be in flip most of the times neither kQ or 1010... if i cover the opponent 1,5-2 times with my stack (or i am total shortstack, not in bubble) and the position is good, then both are okay for pre flop allin, if the stack size is reasonable for that

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Pocket Tens is my favorite hand. I just seem to have a lot of luck with them. Now I bet that this will now change. So expect a lot of screen shots in this thread, showing how bad they have become.