JJ Truth or Lie?

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is better against good players. If you're betting into a calling station, they're more likely to turn an ace or a king against you. Good players know not to risk their whole stack going fishing.

Even if it misses the flop completely, AK still has a >24% chance to suck out against JJ on the turn and river.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This superstition was clearly invented by those who do not know how to play a pair of JJ)))

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a top hand but with some risks involved also. I play it agresive most of the times, that way I know I be called with other strong hand so I can do further actions after.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I really don't think it's very good or very bad. So how I have won I have also lost, it is only about knowing how to play this hand

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I am not superstitious, I confirm them in FLOP, I am very careful of my position, I try to play Tilt mode.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my point of view, the double J is very variant because both a hand and AK could get many chips from the bearer

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens that AA is an outsider. :)

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a challenge to play the JJ!

When you have them, you lose even more if the bubble is about to burst and you decide to go all in preflop !!

I had to lose and get eliminated at the final table, me with AA and the opponent with JJ

so there is no general or logical rule.

It is not a question of folding or calling but to see how the game is coming, the chips of the other players, if it is played preflop, turn or river, see position.

in some cases playing them can be positive

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the attitude you discuss towards JJ stems from the fact people see Jacks as part of the broadway group of cards, AKQJ. They also think most players are looking to play hands with those top cards. So, when they raise the JJs preflop and get called they believe the caller most likely holds an A, K, or Q. If any of these cards hits the board it's panic time. I think the idea of JJ being the underdog came from players losing lots of chips with this hand because they bet too much pre-flop and then gave themselves no chance post flop by making weak plays vs a board with an over card. While my play is affected by all the other factors we must consider my cards are very much a factor when I hold JJ so I certainly play them as a strong pair.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ = 22

You have a pair, a significant lead but it's technically the same as any pair

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

it's a matter of position and strategy, variance always plays an important role

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the J, J pair of dangerous cards for sure.
You have to play with it carefully.
Personally, it’s not my favorite card, but it’s in the deck, too.
Let's say it's better than the 10.10 pair but worse than the Q, Q pair, but I didn't say anything new with that. :D

NUTSSS888

NUTSSS888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i think it's a dangerous card, aggressive play with it, but i don't give allin preflop

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always liked this video about playing JJ. I hope y'all enjoy it too.

So funny, my very next poker hand after posting this video was JJ, LOL. I was short stacked, went allin, and doubled up! :cool:

Last edited:
BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the first time I hear the poker math depends on geography :)

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think so, it is something weak, it depends on the circumstances of course, but it is a couple that bothers me a lot to receive hahaha and it also makes me lose a lot

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 min ago partypoker(room whith rigged soft) moroon 120 bb preflop all in ...i call wtith JJ

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With JJ in hand I won several times and I have lost too :D.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, it is a very nice hand which has given me wins. It needs attention because the A, K, Q can appear and steel the chips! Generally it is a nice hand!

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NOT ALWAYS

Here in Brazil the JJ pair is considered the underdog, I believe in the legend since I lost 3 pairs of JJ to smaller pairs in the same tournament. today I prefer to go flat calling with that hand. Is there superstition in your country with this pair too? How to get in hand with JJ?
I didn't always play with JJ and I won with hands like AA, I did several JJJ and JJJJ with JJ without counting full, all hands already lose more than 50 times with better hands like AA and KK in hands.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that it is a good hand, but it depends on the situation it can be more or less strength, but it is certainly a strong hand.

Z

zzZeldaxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is a good hand of course, but it’s not a premium hand. I see many players calling multiple all ins with JJ and it’s a dangerous hand in this case.

I see this quite often as well and it is something I would never do!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a problematic hand and it is weak to play it with everything from the pre-flop the JJ you have to know how to play them and not play them aggressively since they can bring you problems, you just have to enter normal when you see the flop to see if we hit a three of a kind or if you want it a little strong in the initial stages of a tournament with a re-raise you have to have a position at the table to control it better, personally if I have prejudices for that hand he took great care of me when I play it and I only go with everything when I have less than 10 BB chips.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here in Brazil the JJ pair is considered the underdog, I believe in the legend since I lost 3 pairs of JJ to smaller pairs in the same tournament. today I prefer to go flat calling with that hand. Is there superstition in your country with this pair too? How to get in hand with JJ?

Hello, Dário! I'm Brazilian too. Do you know that saying 'The Brazilian never gives up'? This is our problem with JJ. It is not a very high betting card. If there is a Q, a K or an A, you are dominated. JJ is a hand to play with caution. Analyzing the other players. But it's a hand to start raising pre-flop to get the underdogs off the table.
Good luck!