Jerry Yang is HORRIBLE for poker

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
xtream calibur- you're from blacksburg???

i bet there were many people praying on THAT day.

yeah for the most part. mainly profanity and racial profiling of southeast asians from me though...:)

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is funny. Last night I was talking about the "poker gods" and how they control my ultimate fate in a poker game. Then I wondered if God (big G) would "get me" for believing in them:eek:

luvminnesota

luvminnesota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I don't want to make this into a religous thread or anything, but here it goes....I was raised in Church, and no I don't go to church now, I do still believe in what I believe in and yes I do pray before I go to sleep at night, why???? Because I have always done it, do I do it everynight....NO.
I am not a Christain and don't claim to be one.
First off....is this guy claiming to be a "Christain"?? I didn't get to watch the PPV and can't wait to watch it on ESPN. Anyhow.. One thing I do know is that Christans are very much agianst gambling, so if this guy says he is a Christain, what religon is he??? Last time I checked gambling was agianst Gods will??

ok, gambling in and of itself is NOT a sin. it becomes morally unacceptable when it deprives someone of what is necessary to provide for you and your loved ones. everything in moderation. for catholics look in the catechism # 2413.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is funny. Last night I was talking about the "poker gods" and how they control my ultimate fate in a poker game. Then I wondered if God (big G) would "get me" for believing in them:eek:

Hey, I think you just explained my recent bout with the old, cold deck...

;)

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, gambling in and of itself is NOT a sin. it becomes morally unacceptable when it deprives someone of what is necessary to provide for you and your loved ones. everything in moderation. for catholics look in the catechism # 2413.

1st this jerry yang thread is taken over by bible thumpers, now they speaking in tongues lol. correct me if im wrong, but isnt this a "CARDSCHAT" forum? cant we all just talk about cards? leave the "unmarried mothers" son out of this!(DJ):D

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top Set

Hi, The last 3 winners, Yang, Gold and Hachem have very annoying personalities. They make a perfect set. But many other players also do. Does Poker attract annoying personalities or do normal people become irritating when playing poker?

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, The last 3 winners, Yang, Gold and Hachem have very annoying personalities. They make a perfect set. But many other players also do. Does Poker attract annoying personalities or do normal people become irritating when playing poker?
you are correct sir. poker does attract annoying personalities, like pigpen02, dj13, tubamark316, and juiceeQ - all are great examples of this.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I think there's a little bit of truth to the thought that normal people become annoying when they're playing poker. Increased adrenaline seems to go hand in hand with increased obnoxiousness.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the commandment goes something like this;

"Thou shalt take no god before me"

Leaves plenty of room for gods after who ever that me is.

luvminnesota

luvminnesota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st this jerry yang thread is taken over by bible thumpers, now they speaking in tongues lol. correct me if im wrong, but isnt this a "CARDSCHAT" forum? cant we all just talk about cards? leave the "unmarried mothers" son out of this!(DJ):D

maybe what you need to realize is that some people have more depth to their lives than just poker. some of us know that there is NO SUCH THING as chance. for whatever reason, everything has a certain outcome for a reason. call me a bible thumper if you want, its actually a compliment. since when can someone 'not' speak according to how they try to live their lives. if you do not believe in God you are free to speak as such and no one gives you any crap. all i'm asking for is the same respect. you are correct, this is a poker forum, but the answer i and some others gave is in context with the question, and the question was about poker.
by the way, she wasn't "unmarried", and she was chosen. its a VERY good thing for all of us that she was. weather you believe it or not has no affect on that reality.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for him praying, well to each his own. As long as he doesn't try to shove his religious beliefs down my throat it's all good (which I find so many "christians" doing).

maybe what you need to realize is that some people have more depth to their lives than just poker. some of us know that there is NO SUCH THING as chance. for whatever reason, everything has a certain outcome for a reason. call me a bible thumper if you want, its actually a compliment. since when can someone 'not' speak according to how they try to live their lives. if you do not believe in God you are free to speak as such and no one gives you any crap. all i'm asking for is the same respect. you are correct, this is a poker forum, but the answer i and some others gave is in context with the question, and the question was about poker.
by the way, she wasn't "unmarried", and she was chosen. its a VERY good thing for all of us that she was. weather you believe it or not has no affect on that reality.

I felt compelled.....sorry, just gets on my nerves sometimes.

G

gator1965

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is annoying about Raymer and Hachem, unless its that anyone who wins annoys us? again I think Yang is a truly good hearted individual, at least he wont be loosing the winnings to sports betting or other things, drugs etc, You talk ANNOYING LETS TALK ABOUT KAHN, THE BIG MONKEY

W

Waboca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished reading this post....only thing that gets under my skin...is the yahoo who equated my Christianity to being a member of the KKK. Talk about a very small mind..a small mind indeed.

MarkMorf

MarkMorf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That poker "pro" on the current Survivor... I forgot his name, is bad for poker. Or at least the way they portray him on the show is bad for poker.

E

evansgambit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How is he bad for poker?

Jerry Yang may be a bad poker player, but what can you expect - he's an amateur! Eventually he'll learn new tricks, and realise that Top Pair isn't the nuts, and that any 2 paints doesn't look as pretty. I knew when I first started out, I thought the same about Top Pair also - only to be shown 2 pairs or a set or an Over pair.

In a way, its good that an amateur won it. It makes a statement that unlike all other professional sports - any smuck can win it. This no doubt will increase poker's popularity. I kind of like the idea, first its Hold'em - any 2 cards can win, then its the wsop ME - anyone can win. The field is probably just gonna keep on growing, can you imagine what would happen if the Main Event grew to 20,000 players with 8 Day 1's.

Similarly, I think the title of World Champion of Poker should go to the winner of the HORSE event - because that's poker, not just Hold'em. I don't like the increase in the Hold'em games (All those differing Buy Ins, No/Pot/Limit, Mixed or Not mixed) . I think we have enough Hold'em already - they really should put out more various events, eg. Crazy Pineapple.

Now, is Jerry Yang bad for poker. Nope. Jerry hasn't done anything wrong by my standards. I love fish by the way, and I want to commend his play. I don't want Jerry improving his game. I want him to stick to his guns. If I was Lee Childs, and I had KJ and Jerry hand J8 - I WOULD BEG HIM TO CALL ME. Its the way it is, and that's Poker. Luck keeps the bad players coming back, and skill keeps the good players coming back.

Jerry, buddy, pal, you are invited to my home game any day. Just bring that luck box of yours and a Wad of Bills.