Jerry Yang is HORRIBLE for poker

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm yet to see the footage of the ME final table - I've seen footage of Humberto Brenes and David Ulliott this year that's made me cringe though :(

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to watch the whole entire main event final table live (yes i watched poker for 14 hours straight for 20 bucks) and i thought in the beginning he was playing crazy, raising it up to 10X the big blind. But later on he just ran over the tight play of the table and never looked back. Yes he did get lucky especially when i think he called watkinson's all in with J8 or some crap like that, but you gotta give it to the man, he turned 225 dollars into 8 and a quarter million dollars. This guy will not have to work another day in his life. AND he is donating 10% to charity, something most people who win big wont do.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I would prefer that Lee Watkinson or Raymond Rahme woulda won, I think Yerry Yang is not that bad. We will see in the next events if he is that bad. Everyone said the same of Hachem and he is a great player.

in the couple days before the final table i was pulling for scotty like crazy...i couldnt help but root for the guy.
i was completely bummed when he got out...still watched the ME live though...at the final table i was going lee all the way, or krevchenko...but no cigar
:eek:
as for Raymond....what a joke!:D

N

nick1611

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This moron is sooo bad for poker. While people are praying for their 8 yr old child to have a remission in their cancer, this idiot is praying for a blank on the turn. The guy is sickening to poker players and Christians.

hate to tell you this but isnt gambling supposed to be a sin?

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think praying and poker don't go together because well poker is a sin so ya. just throwing that out there

J

jtd00123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
crusades, inquistion, burning women for their money...all brought to you by you know who

This may have happened in the past, but a lot of religions have been guilty of attrocious things in history. This is why I am dumbfounded as to why Christians are the only group considered PC to target. For example, Ghegis Khan converted to Buddhism, the Muslim religion spread throughout the Middle East by the sword (including into christian areas of the Middle East and Europe, before the Crusades btw, but whatever), the Samurai killed for the Emporor (their God, and lets not forget Nanking), many tribes of various beliefs practice tribalism (which is a PC way of saying racism) and outside of religion, Mao and Stalin were atheists! .(significant considering atheism has only started becoming widespread in the last 150 years). I could go on and on, but research some history and you would find that mankind is surprisingly similar, and few groups were immune from evil.

Making posts calling people idiots is not what Jesus would do.
Casting the first stone, yadda, yadda.

Why are so many Christians so very not-like-Christ in their behavior? I never got that. It often seems like they don't even try, as if merely calling themselves "Christian" means that they get to behave any way they like and still claim moral superiority.

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine.

Don't exactly agree with op comment, but it was no more hateful then what many people have posted on other threads, religious or atheist. I don't get it, if a Christian acts kind and helpful, he is ridiculed (Ned Flanders stereotype), if he acts human, he is ridiculed. It is really a lose/lose situation.

And mine,
Most Christians don't act Christ-like because that would mean they have to act Jewish. They can't get the simple fact that Jesus was a Jew through their pointy little skulls. Which tend to fit real nice under a KKK hat.

Dude, you are acting more hateful then OP's post. Why wasn't this guy targeted? Nevermind, I can think of a dozen reasons why.

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next time a bible thumper knocks on your door, ask them this;

Strictly speaking, Jesus was a bastard (unmarried mother), what do you think of that?

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not a born again christian, but correct me if im wrong...isnt gambling a sin in gods eyes? so if your a christian you shouldnt be playing poker to begin with, right? i have no religion so i was just curious lol.

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Strictly speaking, Jesus was a bastard (unmarried mother), what do you think of that?
:D :D LMFAO:D :D that is brilliant dj i gotta remember that!!!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This moron is sooo bad for poker. While people are praying for their 8 yr old child to have a remission in their cancer, this idiot is praying for a blank on the turn. The guy is sickening to poker players and Christians.
Calling him childish names more than 3 times in two sentence convinces me you know exactly what you're talking about. </sarcasm>
If you play poker, then you're probably praying for a card one time or another. I think your statement is absurd, has no backing, and certainly an insult to players and Christians alike.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already said in another thread the praying annoyed me. If I believed in god, I would hope he has better things to do than control who wins the wsop main event. I also thought his wife praying for god to make Lee Watkinson a "believer" was tacky.

Having said that, the praying annoyed me\, but no more so than Khan's gorilla imitations and Umbreto's stupid shark antics.

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already said in another thread the praying annoyed me. If I believed in god, I would hope he has better things to do than control who wins the WSOP main event. I also thought his wife praying for god to make Lee Watkinson a "believer" was tacky.

Having said that, the praying annoyed me\, but no more so than Khan's gorilla imitations and Umbreto's stupid shark antics.
Amen.:)

I

iamthepush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I have no god, i have no rules. You have a god, you have rules. You break rules." --- some say

Thats how it happens sometimes.

J

jtd00123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Out of curiosity, if you get upset about Christians (OP)making hateful comments about an individual, but you make hateful comments about an entire group of people, does that make you a hypocrite? Just curious.

I

iamthepush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
xtream calibur- you're from blacksburg???

i bet there were many people praying on THAT day.

MarkMorf

MarkMorf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Religion always bring out some much HATE, I wonder why...

I watched the "Main Event" final table, but didn't see anything about christians, praying or religion at all... what did I miss?

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time Yang got involved in a big hand, he prayed. His most common line was a promise to glorify his father - which although I found it annoying didn't really bother me that much. It was his wife praying to make "believers" out of the other players and asking for them to be "shown the way" that got under my skin. Still, not nearly as annoying as some of the other table antics we were subjected to over the course of the WSOP.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

R

rizziller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see him as being "bad" for poker, just kind of annoying though. More power to him though, he won the biggest event... one I couldn't even afford to buy in to.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I do know is that Christans are very much agianst gambling, so if this guy says he is a Christain, what religon is he??? Last time I checked gambling was agianst Gods will??

Gambling is against God's will?
are you kidding me?

so when God created the world he said, "THERE WILL BE NO GAMBLING!"

and i would like someone to pick out a specific passage from the Bible that states that gambling is "againsts God's will"

this thread is ridiculous...

Jerry Yang is going to be an AMAZING ambassador for poker, whether you like it or not!

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time Yang got involved in a big hand, he prayed. His most common line was a promise to glorify his father - which although I found it annoying didn't really bother me that much. It was his wife praying to make "believers" out of the other players and asking for them to be "shown the way" that got under my skin. Still, not nearly as annoying as some of the other table antics we were subjected to over the course of the WSOP.

i thought Watkinson's fiance was praying that mumbo jumbo?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I would prefer that Lee Watkinson or Raymond Rahme woulda won, I think Yerry Yang is not that bad. We will see in the next events if he is that bad. Everyone said the same of Hachem and he is a great player.

Raymond Rahme is SOOOOOO bad

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd just like to point out that anyone who would NOT donate a large chunk of a purse that large is an idiot. I'm not saying that Yang did it for this reason, but you can write off a sizable chunk of your taxable income by making donations.

As for him praying, well to each his own. As long as he doesn't try to shove his religious beliefs down my throat it's all good (which I find so many "christians" doing).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd just like to point out that anyone who would NOT donate a large chunk of a purse that large is an idiot. I'm not saying that Yang did it for this reason, but you can write off a sizable chunk of your taxable income by making donations.

You can't write off any charitable donations unless you itemize your your deductions - and even then it just reduces the amount of income that is taxed, so while it is nice to do it still costs you most of what you donate.

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Itemizing really shouldn't be an issue in a situation like this. And while it effectively only reduces your taxable income by $11 for every $50 you donate, there's really no downside with the PR you will get from the donation. I mean unless you just want all the cold hard cash. This would be a good way to spin the win into something larger is what I'm saying.