Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff... What kind of clothing do you try to stick to, or avoid when playing live games? I have a friend who likes wearing spandex underwear due to its comfort, and another who wears a shirt that is really smelly to piss off his competitors...
what do you favour?

AVLuke

AVLuke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff, how did you get into poker and what we're your initial steps in getting better and learning strategy etc?

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff, as someone who lives in canada and has always dreamed of playing in a major live tournament, especially a WPT televised tournament, I'm really curious as to what the process is like for receiving your tournament winnings and how they are distributed, especially if you live outside the United States. Do they do bank transfers, give cash in some instances, paypal transfers, or do most players simply get paid by check? Thank you.

J

Jeister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is there a commonality between regular work and being the ambassador of a poker room?

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the best can be beaten at time

Hey Jeff so I just busted a tourney feeling pretty tilted about my exit. I'm interested to hear what you would have done different, I am sure it was definitely the correct move here it is;
Torney spec: 9 seated super turbo / 3min blinds / rebuy and add on period recently closed / 168 players left and I was sitting comfortably just above average stack with 48k behind me. Player X went all in pre flop previous hand with the whole table folding. Immediately nh player X doing the same again - all in 46k. It folded round to me I looked at my cards and saw JJ. . I still think it was an obvious call however I wasn't short stacked and could of possibly waited for a better moment anyway,so, I the called.
He flipped A Q off suit flop come bricks for both all mid cards like 10-3-8 rainbow. Turn another brick , River. . . Ace WOW !!!!!!!!! What would you have done?
Ok Jeff u know when you play against donkey it a 50/50 chance, I would have done the Same, an I love it when i catch them, my favorite word to them is bye, later, lol, not in my house, I have 15 years playing online I have seen, I have played it but you know an I know you had the best hand. Your friend wildwes357, love the game hate the card,

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Up my game

Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

JeffGrossPoker Twitch

https://www.youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker

JeffGrossPoker
ok Jeff this my 15 years of playing online getting ready to retire I been upping my a little now I need to know what to do, how much money, I need to start out with , you can look me up on poker scoops username wildwes357, at most u.s. poker site it seems that OTR an ACR has a label on me back when they first started out but been in an out of the game for a while , but my game is fairly good an I can say I win 1 out of 5 game an place in 3 out of 5 of them, I play at ACR,BET&BIT,BIT INTERTOP POKER, 64 spades, nolimitpoker, BETONLINE, bitcoin poker SO YOU CAN look me up wpn at pokerscope can wait to here back from you

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'll check out your twitch streams... What in your opinion is the easiest game format to play profitably? cash/mtt/sng/ or other?

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Jeff I see your YouTube videos and liked it and learning something every time I tune in but I want you to help me construct pre and post flop range based on my raw and realised equity.

T

TRUESHOBA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff !What literature can I read to improve my skills?:)

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff how do you manage time when blinds are going 2,5/5K+ ?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff how do you manage time when blinds are going 2,5/5K+ ?
hello! i am not sure I understand the question, what is your total stack & how many bb do you have? You should act in a reasonable amount of time whenever possible however!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff !What literature can I read to improve my skills?:)
Hello, I would highly recommend RYE. I do a short video explaining this on my website. JeffGrossPoker.com/ryejeff

I hope this helps! Lots of free content on youtube/twitch also.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Jeff I see your YouTube videos and liked it and learning something every time I tune in but I want you to help me construct pre and post flop range based on my raw and realised equity.
Absolutely! I suggest RYE for this which I mention often but you can see on my website more info about it; JeffGrossPoker.com/ryejeff

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok Jeff this my 15 years of playing online getting ready to retire I been upping my a little now I need to know what to do, how much money, I need to start out with , you can look me up on poker scoops username wildwes357, at most u.s. poker site it seems that OTR an ACR has a label on me back when they first started out but been in an out of the game for a while , but my game is fairly good an I can say I win 1 out of 5 game an place in 3 out of 5 of them, I play at ACR,BET&BIT,BIT INTERTOP POKER, 64 spades, nolimitpoker, BETONLINE, bitcoin poker SO YOU CAN look me up wpn at pokerscope can wait to here back from you
Hey! This is a tricky thing to answer but I would suggest to make sure you have a separate roll for bankroll/poker & life and not mix the two!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll check out your twitch streams... What in your opinion is the easiest game format to play profitably? cash/mtt/sng/ or other?
Awesome! I would say cash live & mtt online now days for sure!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok Jeff u know when you play against donkey it a 50/50 chance, I would have done the Same, an I love it when i catch them, my favorite word to them is bye, later, lol, not in my house, I have 15 years playing online I have seen, I have played it but you know an I know you had the best hand. Your friend wildwes357, love the game hate the card,
:)

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is there a commonality between regular work and being the ambassador of a poker room?
I believe luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Working hard at the game of poker brings opportunity for being an ambassador for sure. I have played 17 years now & produce lots of content & really enjoy that aspect of it!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff, as someone who lives in Canada and has always dreamed of playing in a major live tournament, especially a WPT televised tournament, I'm really curious as to what the process is like for receiving your tournament winnings and how they are distributed, especially if you live outside the United States. Do they do bank transfers, give cash in some instances, PayPal transfers, or do most players simply get paid by check? Thank you.
Hey! You can request to be paid by how you like, generally cash or wire! Hope you get that choice!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, how did you get into poker and what we're your initial steps in getting better and learning strategy etc?
Hey! I have studied lot over the years in various ways. Talking with friends lot also RYE now days I recommend. I have a bio page on my website as well; https://www.jeffgrosspoker.com/bio

Hope this helps!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff... What kind of clothing do you try to stick to, or avoid when playing live games? I have a friend who likes wearing spandex underwear due to its comfort, and another who wears a shirt that is really smelly to piss off his competitors...
what do you favour?
I like to wear a hoodie and or hat. I cover my face some I think this helps if not sun glasses too! Haha that is interesting on your friends!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I transition from online to live play I find it takes me two or three games to warm up and eliminate minor mistakes that creep back in to my game from when I was a beginner....

how do I hit the ground running and prepare for a tournament without any warm up games and play my best game?
would suggest meditation & relaxation before you play. Be there before the first hand is dealt and be calm & ready w/ no distractions! This will help the mindset!