Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

JeffGrossPoker Twitch

https://www.youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker

JeffGrossPoker

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tuxzedo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HeyJeff

Thanks for doing this! I want to know when you decided you wanted to go professional and only focus on that? What age and what was the turning point?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for doing this! I want to know when you decided you wanted to go professional and only focus on that? What age and what was the turning point?
I was playing since High School. After I graduated college that was just what I was doing & had a six figure score at the wsop in 1k buy in 2009 and the rest is history!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Jeff I've been enjoying watching your twitch stream even though my laptop speakers are busted lol firstly I've noticed you've got 22 of the top teir chests to open, any chance of throwing a couple my way:D now on to the serious question after watching your stream I've noticed you have made the PT4 table stats almost invisible until you hover over them which I didn't realise you could do, I've learnt that part, how would I set it up to show the stack sizes in big blinds where avatars normally are?

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff,
Do you play other game or just holdem?Do you play only tournaments or sngo,cash?
Anyway,my twich name is peronibar
GL

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff Gross. Can you give a link to the transition to your videos on YouTube?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing since High School. After I graduated college that was just what I was doing & had a six figure score at the WSOP in 1k buy in 2009 and the rest is history!
Congrats on your big scores what are the biggest downswings or losses suffered in a day?

101ABN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the info, Jeff. What would you recommend for someone entering the WSOP ME for the first time? and what is the farthest you have made it in the WSOP ME?

Thanks in advance...101ABN

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the info, Jeff. What would you recommend for someone entering the WSOP ME for the first time? and what is the farthest you have made it in the WSOP ME?

Thanks in advance...101ABN
I believe I finished 221st for my deepest run. (Can see on hendonmob.com all results for players!). I would say take your time, be there early be off your phone & sell some action to friends if the buy in is very high for you so you can relax play your best and not stress!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff I've been enjoying watching your twitch stream even though my laptop speakers are busted lol firstly I've noticed you've got 22 of the top teir chests to open, any chance of throwing a couple my way:D now on to the serious question after watching your stream I've noticed you have made the PT4 table stats almost invisible until you hover over them which I didn't realise you could do, I've learnt that part, how would I set it up to show the stack sizes in big blinds where avatars normally are?
lol! Yes in my !discord folder you can see the PT4 folder has that info and someone made a video on how to do that!

101ABN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I finished 221st for my deepest run. (Can see on hendonmob.com all results for players!). I would say take your time, be there early be off your phone & sell some action to friends if the buy in is very high for you so you can relax play your best and not stress!

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I'll see you at the FT, then we can swap some action. Keep kicking ass!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff
Should I slow play aces?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello Jeff , big fan here like many other!!I really miss the stream house period :)

Do you think that bluffing with blockers or hero calling in micro stakes is a waste of money?Should a micro stakes player stick to abc poker?

Is balancing mandatory in those stakes or playing only strong/semi strong hands will lead you to be a profitable player in the long term?

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been watching you on twitch for a few months now, nice to have you here.

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff,

I am looking at getting back into poker. What are your recommendations regarding how the game has adjusted, and how to rebuild/test my game/tendencies? Current research and game play.

I play tournament NLHE only.

My success has been greatest in MTTs. I had a couple big finishes on Sunday's, and have not played poker for 4 years. My hiatus was due to a business I took over.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff

I just started watching your twitch stream, great content man. Hope you do well in the rest of WCOOP. I will be watching.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff,
Do you play other game or just holdem?Do you play only tournaments or sngo,cash?
Anyway,my twich name is peronibar
GL
Hey! I play plo as well and some hi low. I play a mixture of tournaments live and online as well as live cash in some bigger games.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff

I just started watching your twitch stream, great content man. Hope you do well in the rest of WCOOP. I will be watching.
Awesome! Thank you! Long 13 hour stream today!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Jeff,

I am looking at getting back into poker. What are your recommendations regarding how the game has adjusted, and how to rebuild/test my game/tendencies? Current research and game play.

I play tournament NLHE only.

My success has been greatest in MTTs. I had a couple big finishes on Sunday's, and have not played poker for 4 years. My hiatus was due to a business I took over.
I would suggest getting a program to study, I have on my website under affiliation some info on RYE and some discount codes (JeffGrossPoker.com/affiliation) I would do this over getting one on one coaching and it is not close.. This to me is the best thing you could do for your game as well as watch youtube videos and what not! Hope that helps.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Jeff , big fan here like many other!!I really miss the stream house period :)

Do you think that bluffing with blockers or hero calling in micro stakes is a waste of money?Should a micro stakes player stick to abc poker?

Is balancing mandatory in those stakes or playing only strong/semi strong hands will lead you to be a profitable player in the long term?
Great question.. I am not so familiar with those games but I would think playing exploitative is the best practices there! Interesting though, think ABC gets it done!