Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

27OffsuitRaise

27OffsuitRaise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand analysis

Hey Jeff so I just busted a tourney feeling pretty tilted about my exit. I'm interested to hear what you would have done different, I am sure it was definitely the correct move here it is;
Torney spec: 9 seated super turbo / 3min blinds / rebuy and add on period recently closed / 168 players left and I was sitting comfortably just above average stack with 48k behind me. Player X went all in pre flop previous hand with the whole table folding. Immediately nh player X doing the same again - all in 46k. It folded round to me I looked at my cards and saw JJ. . I still think it was an obvious call however I wasn't short stacked and could of possibly waited for a better moment anyway,so, I the called.
He flipped A Q off suit flop come bricks for both all mid cards like 10-3-8 rainbow. Turn another brick , River. . . Ace WOW !!!!!!!!! What would you have done?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey Jeff so I just busted a tourney feeling pretty tilted about my exit. I'm interested to hear what you would have done different, I am sure it was definitely the correct move here it is;
Torney spec: 9 seated super turbo / 3min blinds / rebuy and add on period recently closed / 168 players left and I was sitting comfortably just above average stack with 48k behind me. Player X went all in pre flop previous hand with the whole table folding. Immediately nh player X doing the same again - all in 46k. It folded round to me I looked at my cards and saw JJ. . I still think it was an obvious call however I wasn't short stacked and could of possibly waited for a better moment anyway,so, I the called.
He flipped A Q off suit flop come bricks for both all mid cards like 10-3-8 rainbow. Turn another brick , River. . . Ace WOW !!!!!!!!! What would you have done?

you'll need to provide much more information if you're hoping to get a good answer (in my opinion)... at the very least > size of the blinds, size of stacks on the table, # of players remaining (how far off the bubble?), etc. etc. etc.
Without knowing any details aside from what you've posted > I'd call but of course 'it depends' ;)

27OffsuitRaise

27OffsuitRaise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you'll need to provide much more information if you're hoping to get a good answer (in my opinion)... at the very least > size of the blinds, size of stacks on the table, # of players remaining (how far off the bubble?), etc. etc. etc.
Without knowing any details aside from what you've posted > I'd call but of course 'it depends' ;)
Ok I did start to write additional information but didn't think anyone would reply after seeing how long the message was already don't worry it was a straight up call I just needed a vent mate

cyrilflorendooo

cyrilflorendooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does it feel to be an ambassador?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for a great job at Triton series! Liked to watch and hear.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your new position at party poker and also you'll be awesome heading the twitch streamers

K

Klim007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff Gross. Please tell me how long you have walked the path of Proffesional player. What victories were and where he learned to play poker?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoying your twitch feed from Nassau Jeff! It helps to see that a Pro like yourself catches some crazy bad luck (KK v 88) every once in while too. GL with the rest of your day.
Hey! Glad you are enjoying it. Plan is for Sat/Sun stream. Yes those hands hurt but happen!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff Gross. Please tell me how long you have walked the path of Proffesional player. What victories were and where he learned to play poker?
Hello! I have been playing since I was 14 years old (18 years) although since 21 technically professionally so about 12. I learned to play poker w/ friends at a soccer camp in high school. I have my full bio listed on my website; JeffGrossPoker.com - Hope that helps!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your new position at Party Poker and also you'll be awesome heading the twitch streamers
Really appreciate the kind words! Lot's of work to do but has been really enjoyable so far!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much have you earned from online poker play lifetime?
Hey there! Game has been good to me I will say that. Times have changed its more challenging online but still can be good if done correctly. 2004 were the golden years though!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for a great job at Triton series! Liked to watch and hear.
Thank you so much! That was lot of fun, hope to get to do them in the future!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff. Big fan. I was wondering what your take on how this hand played out for me. Could I have played this differently resulting in a win? Thanks for your time by the way. Appreciate your input.

https://www.boomplayer.com/30114521_24DFBBCB3B
Thank you!

I would start w/ saying that I would fold K9o to an utg raise and mp flat. This hand doesn't play well post flop & even when you hit hard you aren't nutted... For example the tjq flop you have to seriously worry about AK in the utg range. Also even on a board like this if it comes KK it will be hard to win a big pot vs an inferior hand & even be up against KT+ and get stacked. As played I don't hate it but that river card is def a bad card for you and think getting away is a must!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does it feel to be an ambassador?
It feels really good. I love the game of poker & feel it is an up hill battle to put the game in the great light it deserves. The fact that I get to represent brands that I enjoy & think are great for the community (such as partypoker, StakeKings, CardsChat as well as others) is a dream come true!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I did start to write additional information but didn't think anyone would reply after seeing how long the message was already don't worry it was a straight up call I just needed a vent mate
Okay no worries! I know how that is. Poker can be a very emotional game!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with this, I see he replied already!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I would call and hope to hold! Unlucky keep building stacks and running deep!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you get sucked out on how do you respond
My dad taught me this years ago; Win as if you expect it, lose as if you like it. Smile, shake it off and be thankful that you are able to get your money in ahead in a good spot. If you are getting it in good that's a good sign, if your losing getting in bad then that's cause for pause and more concerning. Don't let that bother you!

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I transition from online to live play I find it takes me two or three games to warm up and eliminate minor mistakes that creep back in to my game from when I was a beginner....

how do I hit the ground running and prepare for a tournament without any warm up games and play my best game?