In poker do you have any good luck charm?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is funny sometimes,,,,recently my mother gave me a Bible my late grandmother gave me as a child(6-7 yrs old) The moment i put it at the computer (for luck) i won a tournament for over $300,,,, :) Thx Grandma! $$$ :adore:

hahaha I don't think it was just luck

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I keep a crystal and a stone I got from a Japanese restaurant in my pockets when I play live. Sometimes when I'm playing on line. It may not work all the time, but I just feels better to have them there.

hahaha but be careful

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I have a rabbit's foot that my grandfather gave me, I started using it a couple of years ago, since he died.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
1. Luck is the absence of knowledge.
2. I like to be lucky, but more I like to get to know every situation.
3.In many situations, luck gave me a big beautifull smile and in some others nothing!!
I do not have a charm which brings luck! :)

posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:) i always do this when I see someone who don't know what is the luck exactly. The luck is a spiritual thing. Everybody has this one in smaller or bigger amount. Who study about the human mind and the soul then this student will see the luck is the knowledge on a higher state. Someone couldn't has enough responsibility about his own actions and he said: "You know, I did everything well.... but exists a thing what can control everything and everybody."

Very simple to understand this. If you know something perfectly then can't control you nothing >if< you don't want this. Like a video game. What is very boring if you have eternal life. You will finish the game if nobody or nothing can harm you.

The luck or bad luck comes from same place. This place is your mind.
Always same everything what you would like to know perfectly.
First you must study the basic. After this you must continue with the middle things. After this the very difficult things. And after this on the top, you must study what is the "luck" and how can you be this one consciously.

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is important, but skills are also a more important factor! Luck and skills go together for play poker!:fight:

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I have questions about luck.

1) What is luck for you?

2) How do you experience luck in your life?

3) In what poker situation did you feel with your greatest luck?

Regards and GL!

1) Luck in poker to me is when I have like 2 outs but the pot is just ginourmous and I HAVE TO CALL but.... then say to myself "Meh..." and call like a Mega-Donk and catch it and triple or quadruple up. That is luck to my in poker.

2) Luck in life? Hrmm... I could say honestly that in situations where I "should have done the 'right' thing" but didn't. Something as simple as getting a $5 bill extra in my change because they counted it wrong and not giving it back (I've had so many reverse-karma things like that, I don't even mess around with that stuph I immediately do the right thing)?

3) In poker.... It's that "gut" feeling I get sitting on the river, last to act with a big bet, with nothing but A high and realizing... (though also experience helps the gut) that they just don't have it. And you make a sick call and call their bluff. I feel luck usually (or gut-luck) will help in that situation. Otherwise, you are simply outplayed and trapped and about to stand on the rails. :D

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Luck is the absence of knowledge.
2. I like to be lucky, but more I like to get to know every situation.
3.In many situations, luck gave me a big beautifull smile and in some others nothing!!
I do not have a charm which brings luck! :)

hahaha the luck is beautiful

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Luck in poker to me is when I have like 2 outs but the pot is just ginourmous and I HAVE TO CALL but.... then say to myself "Meh..." and call like a Mega-Donk and catch it and triple or quadruple up. That is luck to my in poker.

2) Luck in life? Hrmm... I could say honestly that in situations where I "should have done the 'right' thing" but didn't. Something as simple as getting a $5 bill extra in my change because they counted it wrong and not giving it back (I've had so many reverse-karma things like that, I don't even mess around with that stuph I immediately do the right thing)?

3) In poker.... It's that "gut" feeling I get sitting on the river, last to act with a big bet, with nothing but A high and realizing... (though also experience helps the gut) that they just don't have it. And you make a sick call and call their bluff. I feel luck usually (or gut-luck) will help in that situation. Otherwise, you are simply outplayed and trapped and about to stand on the rails. :D

Hahahahah

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion luck is very important in poker, some people are luckier than others but if you also have skill it will make a huge difference in your poker results.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, gustav197poker! My answers on your questions the next:
1) What is luck for you?
1. I think is main to survive in this life! This is the Big Luck already!
2. If honestly, I think with the luck better you not need to experiment especially...
It is better to let luck more often comes and not leave longer!
3. When I won a tournament, where for the final table were majority brazilian players!
Good Luck the All and Everybody!;):D

LilJonWsc

LilJonWsc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) What is luck for you?

1) my lucky money tree necklace
2)Be Aware of (and Act on) Opportunities
3) those poket AAs is all the luck i can hope for

M

mottap14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck will give you more opportunities to win. Less luck less chances of winning. My luck isn’t that good 😢

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the idea of having one may make me so superstitious in the long run that my life would be far worse than necessary.

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this point i'm just lucky to be alive.. I'm my own good luck charm :D

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I have questions about luck.

1) What is luck for you?

Regards and GL!

1) Luck for me is timing and preparedness for the situation.

2) I experience all the time in my life but I would say the luckiest was somehow being able to wake up at 5am when I was out the night before partying until 3am to my phone ringing. It was a recruiter asking me to be ready for a job interview in 1 hour as they were based in Singapore. This one event changed the course of my life and let me meet my wife, have kids, get out of debt, travel the world, play lots of poker and so much more.

3) I believe that the greatest luck in poker comes from reading the situation accurately. Example was I was playing with some friends at a home game and was in a battle with a guy for the last 2 hours. We had been playing for close to 8 hours already and I had about $1400 in front of me and he had about $1800 in front of him. Most of the table of 8 players had anywhere from $500 to $3000 just for reference of the money. All I had in the hand on the turn where the luck really came into play was a pair of kings and looking at an Ace on the board. This guys range was wide and could have been any of the junk cards or could be the Ace or even a set. I bet $200 into the pot of $500 on the turn mostly as a blocker bet and he tabled for a good 2 minutes and then raises $600 on top. I was sitting there replaying everything from the last few hands and what he has done this hand to try to figure out what he had. He bluffs about 30% of the time, bets drawing hands about 40% of the time, and never shoves his the nuts. While sitting there he smack talks me which is fairly normal in the game and I was a bit pissed and told him to shut it for a min so I can think. Here is the luck, at exactly 1 min just before I was going to fold, he turns to our friend and asks him about something odd and I could swear I saw his neck throbbing and sweat so I stopped my fold and shoved. He called with a draw and missed, but when I looked at him when I shoved I couldn't see any tension, I couldn't see any throbbing neck muscle or sweat and I am telling myself it was my imagination.... but I swear I saw it and made me call him. This was pure luck or instinct that made me do it, and looking back in a normal situation I would have folded 99% of the time there based on the way he had been playing and acting up until he spoke with our friend looking away from me.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used a good luck charm before. But after my oldest son passed away last year I always wear this necklace with a bullet urn on it. I had them made for myself my other 3 sons and my father in law. It’s just a silver bullet with some ashes sealed in it on a simple chain. I don’t know if it’s a good luck charm per say but it makes it feel like he’s playing with me and gives me more confidence.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is luck too, only I am the sufferer.

pokerstars Hand #217731518761: Tournament #2960928093, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2020/08/23 22:21:14 CET [2020/08/23 16:21:14 ET]
Table '2960928093 17' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Kappaman666 (5585 in chips)
Seat 2: 0546474 (2945 in chips)
Seat 3: IgorScorps (15490 in chips)
Seat 4: MGL11 (5399 in chips)
Seat 5: lane58 (2653 in chips)
Seat 6: Colbefc (13238 in chips)
Seat 8: $ylt@n12 (8110 in chips)
Seat 9: HungryLyan (1480 in chips) is sitting out
Kappaman666: posts the ante 25
0546474: posts the ante 25
IgorScorps: posts the ante 25
MGL11: posts the ante 25
lane58: posts the ante 25
Colbefc: posts the ante 25
$ylt@n12: posts the ante 25
HungryLyan: posts the ante 25
IgorScorps: posts small blind 150
MGL11: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to lane58 [Ks Ah]
lane58: raises 600 to 900
Colbefc: folds
$ylt@n12: folds
HungryLyan: folds
Kappaman666: folds
0546474: raises 2020 to 2920 and is all-in
IgorScorps: folds
MGL11: folds
lane58: calls 1728 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (292) returned to 0546474
*** FLOP *** [3h 6h 8h]
*** TURN *** [3h 6h 8h] [Ad]
*** RIVER *** [3h 6h 8h Ad] [Jc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
lane58: shows [Ks Ah] (a pair of Aces)
0546474: shows [As Js] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
0546474 collected 5906 from pot
lane58 finished the tournament in 99th place

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I have a mascot when I play poker. He has been with me for 5 years. Everything is trite - it's a 5 euro cent coin.