I Know It's Been Whispered Before But Durrrr Broke?

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But to say Ziig is a "lifetime loser" even though, from what Sindri said, they've only tracked stats for a year is pretty rough. I give the kid his respect but nobody was talking about him this time last year, atleast not this much If at all. So he can be around for awhile, but he wasn't on anyones radar. That's why I'm saying lately. I'm also not a person who's going to sit online and look up stats about games that happened a year or two years ago. I've watched him play many times and he put a lot of money in with very poor hands. I might not understand those moves, but neither does anyone else because nobody on this site is a pro, might think they are, but they're not. So saying I don't understand the moves is pretty much like looking in the mirror saying it.

I'm not going to flame up the boards and throw out personal shots or say someone is getting "owned". I'm here to have a discussion about a player, keep the forum topic active and have fun. If people can't do that, then don't post. I do enjoy some of the posts so far because a debate is always fun.

I

Igrac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love that link in the OP.

It says the board was 6Q5k and durr had 89. It said he had openended straight.

WHAT??

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your words were "lifetime loser" not loser in the last year.

I'm not saying I can judge, I'm saying the same thing everyone else is saying. You're just as much a judge as I am. I like watching people play and seeing how they handle hands. You can be up big right now but If you won all your money sucking out, does that mean you're a great player? Look at the San Diego Chargers (I'm not a fan, just making a point.) They finished 8-8 this year and won the division. There was a lot of games that were close, could've went either way. (Thanks Ed. lol) But record STAT wise they didn't have a great year. They only won 8 games, won a weak division after being down 3 games and have no respect from other teams like the Patriots who won 11 and missed the playoffs. So stats don't always show how good of a player you are.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But to say Ziig is a "lifetime loser" even though, from what Sindri said, they've only tracked stats for a year is pretty rough. I give the kid his respect but nobody was talking about him this time last year, atleast not this much If at all. So he can be around for awhile, but he wasn't on anyones radar. That's why I'm saying lately.
So Ziigy has lost in the last year while Dwan has won the most of anyone in the last year and Dwan is average yet you don't get why Ziigy isn't getting hype?
I've watched him play many times and he put a lot of money in with very poor hands. I might not understand those moves, but neither does anyone else because nobody on this site is a pro, might think they are, but they're not.
I don't understand exactly why he makes his moves, but I understand they have to do with the range he puts other players on. At those limits ranges are very wide so what you would call a bad hand is probably ahead of the opponent's range (or he has odds to call with it against his opponent's range). But then you don't seem to understand the concept of a range. So yes I think I understand his actions a bit more than you do even if I don't know the exact range he puts his opponents on.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you think you understand his actions more then me? lol Okay, whatever makes you sleep better. I think If I was a Dwan Fan, you wouldn't say that but since we have a difference of opinion you think you understand the game better.

Lets stay on topic. Thanks.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the time this topic is over, I'll have 200 posts. lol

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not going to flame up the boards and throw out personal shots or say someone is getting "owned". I'm here to have a discussion .

Just for the record I agree with this. So the couple of members doing it should stop it IMO. You want a debate? good have one. You want to pop in and out with snides? go knock on your neighbors door and do it and see how far that gets you.

Back on topic ................... ( well almost )

A record of 4 and 0 after week 4 of the NFL does not, and I repeat, does not crown you Superbowl champs.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a Bronco Fan so I understand heartbreak. :(

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your words were "lifetime loser" not loser in the last year.
Well I didn't know the timeframe TR tracked, so I apologize, but over a relatively long sample he is a losing player.
I'm not saying I can judge, I'm saying the same thing everyone else is saying. You're just as much a judge as I am. I like watching people play and seeing how they handle hands. You can be up big right now but If you won all your money sucking out, does that mean you're a great player? Look at the San Diego Chargers (I'm not a fan, just making a point.) They finished 8-8 this year and won the division. There was a lot of games that were close, could've went either way. (Thanks Ed. lol) But record STAT wise they didn't have a great year. They only won 8 games, won a weak division after being down 3 games and have no respect from other teams like the Patriots who won 11 and missed the playoffs. So stats don't always show how good of a player you are.

First off as a Broncos fan I'll say I wish they'd gotten Hockery (or however you spell it) to ref the week 17 game as well :). Also how does this have anything to do with it? The Chargers weren't good but neither was anyone in the AFC West. Everyone thought the Pats were better than the Chargers. They had better stats and everyone thought they were better, but the Chargers went because of how the playoffs are structured.

But back on topic that's nowhere near the same thing. He's up 7 million AFTER the downswing. So despite the downswing, he's up 70 buy-ins. This is over ~50k hands. Are you saying the only reason he's up is he sucked out for stacks 70 times and never got sucked out on during that stretch? What you are saying is more like saying the Yankees just got lucky year after year making the playoffs every year.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I didn't know the timeframe TR tracked, so I apologize, but over a relatively long sample he is a losing player.

First off as a Broncos fan I'll say I wish they'd gotten Hockery (or however you spell it) to ref the week 17 game as well :). Also how does this have anything to do with it? The Chargers weren't good but neither was anyone in the AFC West. Everyone thought the Pats were better than the Chargers. They had better stats and everyone thought they were better, but the Chargers went because of how the playoffs are structured.

But back on topic that's nowhere near the same thing. He's up 7 million AFTER the downswing. So despite the downswing, he's up 70 buy-ins. This is over ~50k hands. Are you saying the only reason he's up is he sucked out for stacks 70 times and never got sucked out on during that stretch? What you are saying is more like saying the Yankees just got lucky year after year making the playoffs every year.

As a fellow Bronco Fan I agree with having Ed Ref Week 17, actually refin' the game against Buffalo would've been better. The Charger Point is they lost a lot of close games and could've easily won 11 games. They're team wasnt that bad and LT was hurt in some of those games as well.

Anyways back on topic...

We're just going to go around and around. Bottom line is I understand Dwan has done very well for himself and as I said before, I respect him as a player and what he's done. But I'm not crowning the kid the king just yet.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im geting lost in NFL analogy´s and now have no idea what where talking about :eek:

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a fellow Bronco Fan I agree with having Ed Ref Week 17, actually refin' the game against Buffalo would've been better. The Charger Point is they lost a lot of close games and could've easily won 11 games. They're team wasnt that bad and LT was hurt in some of those games as well.

Anyways back on topic...

We're just going to go around and around. Bottom line is I understand Dwan has done very well for himself and as I said before, I respect him as a player and what he's done. But I'm not crowning the kid the king just yet.
agree to disagree but nobody said he was the greatest

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or they could have just not sucked during the Buffalo game lol.

lol I agree with this. I'm not calling him the king and players like Ivey and Galfond are definitely close if not better than him. But I definitely think he is in the top 5.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol old news and what do u prove by posting my graph and zachs graph?

I dunno, i guess i just get a sick kick out of it. Seriously though it's a cool site. I'm just messing about with it.

chuckts :star::star:

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something I did find interesting about table-ratings stats on Dwan that Zach linked ( yes I did look ) seemed a bit odd and worth discussing.
I noticed it showed his winnings over 56k hands, I also noticed that his 17 best and worst results from the 2 lists added up to about 33k hands of his total of 56k.
That's about 60% of his entire hands from all the limits on show played against 34 players. Can that be right?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure this thread is becoming tl;dr but my post is spot on. the man is not going broke. sorry haters.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something I did find interesting about table-ratings stats on Dwan that Zach linked ( yes I did look ) seemed a bit odd and worth discussing.
I noticed it showed his winnings over 56k hands, I also noticed that his 17 best and worst results from the 2 lists added up to about 33k hands of his total of 56k.
That's about 60% of his entire hands from all the limits on show played against 34 players. Can that be right?
well yeah, that should be right. the higher you go the less and less players they have playing the stakes and when u reach the nosebleeds, there are only a handful left

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No durrrr isn't broke/going broke
Yes durrrr is in the top 3 online cash players in the world
Yes he's on a downswing
Yes he will come back from this and do exactly what he was doing before.

There we go. Was hoping we could kinda end it there maybe?

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure this thread is becoming tl;dr but my post is spot on. the man is not going broke. sorry haters.

When I see one post from anyone stating they "hate" anyone else be it Durrrr or anyone else in this thread, I might agree with you.:)

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well yeah, that should be right. the higher you go the less and less players they have playing the stakes and when u reach the nosebleeds, there are only a handful left

I hear what you are saying and that's kind of obvious but I would be interested to see a more insightful breakdown of those stats. Something isn't entirely adding up for me at 1st glance.

I

iamthepush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that would be pretty funny if durrr got on here and said pokerstars took all of his money.

"i don't know what happened. i went to bed and woke up and had like $7.32 in my account"