I Know It's Been Whispered Before But Durrrr Broke?

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what's the deal with Tom Dwan, does he play exclusively on Full Tilt?
Does he play mostly on Full Tilt?
Does he play a lot on Full Tilt?
Do we know the answer to these questions?
I think you all know what I am getting at. One of the biggest things stated is the HUGE amount of hands he plays. So what's the deal with 56k hands over that amount of time?
It doesn't add up does it.

Unless there is something I am missing?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watching brain constently contradicting himself to try and cover loopholes in his post is entertaining. I know this is the internets and all, but brian, you are allowed to back down and realise what you are posting is ridiculous beyond belief

R

recession13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
durrrr

he is a great player and great players bounce back and he will get his money regardless, u have to have money to make money u know and he definitly has the money to keep playing and eventually he will win alot of money the more hands he gets to play i dont see him losing his bankroll due to the fact the dude probably is sitting on millions at his house so he wont lose any money

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what's the deal with Tom Dwan, does he play exclusively on Full Tilt?
Does he play mostly on Full Tilt?
Does he play a lot on Full Tilt?
Do we know the answer to these questions?
I think you all know what I am getting at. One of the biggest things stated is the HUGE amount of hands he plays. So what's the deal with 56k hands over that amount of time?
It doesn't add up does it.

Unless there is something I am missing?

what are you talking about? he plays on stars as well, but they don't run games that are as high stakes as fulltilt, so when he can get action at full tilt, he plays there (read: most of the time).
also what do u mean the "HUGE amount of hands he plays... doesn't add up"? what doesn't "add up" about it? the guy plays as many of the highest stakes tables as there are running, so he can get lots of hands in.
i really don't get what you're implying...

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully durr can come back and learn that proper BRM is a key, no matter if you're a pro or an amateur at the game.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully durr can come back and learn that proper BRM is a key, no matter if you're a pro or an amateur at the game.
1 more time - how do u know he isnt using proper brm?

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cause unless he has about 15 mill in there...he isn't and I really doubt he has that much.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I cant believe I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this whole thread.

Guys, dont get in an argument with zach, he WILL win.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cause unless he has about 15 mill in there...he isn't and I really doubt he has that much.

he doesn't need to have 15 mil on fulltilt in order to have a bankroll of 15 million DUCY

fothizz

fothizz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was heads up where I saw durr vs hellmuth going at it on nbc and hellmuth got aces, went all in and i think durr called with pocket tens. ofcourse durr hit his ten and knocked hellmuth out. afterwords hellmuth said to him to his face that he wont last long in this game and he'll be broke after all the hype or something like that cant remember his words exactly.

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha since then, on PAD, Helmuth said he plays post-flop with enough skill to get away with his loose play.

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HTML:
 Today, 2:57 AM [IMG]https://www.cardschat.com/image.php?u=27570&dateline=1231626177[/IMG]brianvoytek [IMG]https://www.cardschat.com/images_fb/statusicon/user_offline.gif[/IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_1067562", true);  Advanced Member Join Date: Oct 2007Location: Perris, CAPlays at: Full TiltLikes: NL Hold emPosts: 153 Just like I said before, watch him play for awhile. When I watched him play he put his money in with the worst and just called off a lot of money to Ivey. (This is this week too.) 

As for the David B statement, I didnt say David was better. I'm talking about how he's been running now. People are high on Dwan for running good and being up, why not talk about David running good or Ziig? 

More hands then Doyle? Who cares. There was no internet then. Can you imagine If Barry Sanders played back in the 50s? He would've had 9345893453 yards rushing. lol These are different times now, so seeing more hands then someone who's basically "The God of the Game" doesn't hold much weight. 

Dwan on TV wasn't much. He sucked out on Phil in the HU Challenge then acted like a child (not a 19-20 year old whatever he was at the time) who said over and over "play me heads up...play me heads up." He's trying to hard to get there and with his ego and everyone whos hyping him up doesnt help. 

Remember a kid named Stu Ungar?__________________
FT ID: BlovesL

Wowzers you're actually trying to say someone who's playing some of the biggest stakes in the world against some of the world's best players makes stupid plays? You actually don't understand that playing 500/1000 NL against Ivey means you have to play A LOT different then you would 50 NL? Do you even imagine how far some of these guys think outside the box? It takes sooooo much skill, talent, hard work and discipline to beat the toughest games like durrrr has been, you just have no right whatsoever to question a play these guys make.

Seriously, why do you think everyone has so much respect for him, because he's been running good for 3 years and variance has finally caught up to him in the last 2 weeks? That's just complete ignorance imo. I even remember Ivey saying he thought he was an underdog playing durrrr heads up.

And lol, durrr acted like a child? Not Hellmuth just walking around telling everyone who'd listen that he sucked and was a lucky idiot when the hand was played absolutely by itself? Those 2 aren't even anywhere near the same level as far as skill is concerned. Durrrr is so much better it's kind of funny.

Just a thought, maybe you should just consider Zach, who obviously knows a lot more about poker and how it should be played, was right about everything he said in this thread and get a clue? I don't even know why I'm bothering with this post, it's pretty obvious you won't change your mind even after every single point made by Zach was much better articulated than anything you said in this thread, so whatever. Just keep on keeping on...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who does not understand that Durr getting it all in with pocket tens in that Hellmuth hand is 100% standard, sucks at HU poker and shouldn't comment on it

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who does not understand that Durr getting it all in with pocket tens in that Hellmuth hand is 100% standard, sucks at HU poker and shouldn't comment on it

BUT ITS ONLY ONE PAIR!

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't know this would spark such a debate (cat fight, grow up guys), but here are my opinions.

I've done my fair share of watching Durrr on FT trying to learn or soak up any knowledge, and I'll be honest he's all aggression and makes bad play after bad play. Don't you think it is possible that people are starting to figure out his game? They have a great sample size now, and surviving in the poker world is about always adapting your game. Having a great ability to shift gears so people aren't able to get a read on you. It's completely possibly Durrrr doesn't have those extra gears like some of the great pros have and it is catching up to him.

Also I think Durrrr gets his $$$ in with the worst of it more often than any pro I've ever seen. Great players very rarely have to suck out on an opponent because they rarely get their $$$ in behind. Durrrr just does this far too consistently for me to think he will have a long lasting career in poker. I'm baffled how some of you think Durrrr is just going to bounce back from a downswing just because he is Durrrr. I mean how many of you have actually watched him play? And I don't mean for 5 minutes. He can't just wake up, put on his pants, and instantly make money guys. He's not GOD!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't know this would spark such a debate (cat fight, grow up guys), but here are my opinions.

I've done my fair share of watching Durrr on FT trying to learn or soak up any knowledge, and I'll be honest he's all aggression and makes bad play after bad play. Don't you think it is possible that people are starting to figure out his game? They have a great sample size now, and surviving in the poker world is about always adapting your game. Having a great ability to shift gears so people aren't able to get a read on you. It's completely possibly Durrrr doesn't have those extra gears like some of the great pros have and it is catching up to him.

Also I think Durrrr gets his $$$ in with the worst of it more often than any pro I've ever seen. Great players very rarely have to suck out on an opponent because they rarely get their $$$ in behind. Durrrr just does this far too consistently for me to think he will have a long lasting career in poker. I'm baffled how some of you think Durrrr is just going to bounce back from a downswing just because he is Durrrr. I mean how many of you have actually watched him play? And I don't mean for 5 minutes. He can't just wake up, put on his pants, and instantly make money guys. He's not GOD!

How much does Durrrr win when he jams a flush draw and gets the villain to fold 3rd pair? It still is amazing how people who don't play close to his level can talk about how he's making bad play after bad play.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

what zach said and : u cant possibly make that much money if u constantly get it in bad

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done my fair share of watching Durrr on FT trying to learn or soak up any knowledge,
kool sample size

and I'll be honest he's all aggression and makes bad play after bad play.
yeah the guy is obviously awful when he wins at the nosebleeds for 8 PTBBs...:rolleyes: you've figured it all out.

Don't you think it is possible that people are starting to figure out his game?
they are starting to figure it out in the same way that everyone starts to figure out any players game. they might get a vague idea. i mean doyle's been playing for 500 years and people have no idea what to do against him, so what's up?

They have a great sample size now, and surviving in the poker world is about always adapting your game. Having a great ability to shift gears so people aren't able to get a read on you.
you should coach him, man, you could charge him 1k/hr. he'll do it because it's only a fraction of his winrate

It's completely possibly Durrrr doesn't have those extra gears like some of the great pros have and it is catching up to him.
so it's catching up to him now and not in the 3 years it took him to get here.

Also I think Durrrr gets his $$$ in with the worst of it more often than any pro I've ever seen. Great players very rarely have to suck out on an opponent because they rarely get their $$$ in behind.
poker isn't about getting money in ahead more often than behind

Durrrr just does this far too consistently for me to think he will have a long lasting career in poker. I'm baffled how some of you think Durrrr is just going to bounce back from a downswing just because he is Durrrr.
the guy wins more than anyone, at the highest stakes, why isn't he allowed to bounce back from downswings?
I mean how many of you have actually watched him play? And I don't mean for 5 minutes. He can't just wake up, put on his pants, and instantly make money guys.
heh, you're basically taking a guy who has been killing the games and dubbing him a bad player. well done.

above (sorry for harshness)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i play, i fold every single hand i get except for pocket aces, which i open shove. Therefore i get my money in good 100% of the time and am therefore better than durr

Insanity

Insanity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Let him earn the position that everyone expects him to stay in. Time will tell if he can do it. The pressure of a live game is a whole different story and he can't continue to use the same style in both.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im shocked how many people use the argument "If watched him play there for i know and understand his strategy".
i mean comon? seriously? He allways gets it in bad? SO FKN WHAT?
Do u guys realize when he pushes 3rd pair and OESD or w/e how many TP,2P,3P other straight draws ect ect fold?
And even called he still has the draw to back him up....
do a search for threads about fold equity and hand ranges.
I know its been said a 100 times in this thread but here u go one more time, HE IS THE BIGGEST ONLINE WINNER!!!!!!!!(bold and in caps so it can get through thick skin) Even despite his 3M downswing he is still crushing the noisebleeds for 7ptbb,does any one really understand how difficult it is to crush any limit for 7ptbb?
Avrage player with a lot of hype.....really?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but he has no bracelets sindri, so he is therefore equal to phil laak ldo