How did you get interested in Poker?

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was through my love of jump racing. I watched an interview with Neil Channing on a racing channel and when he was asked about poker, I thought, wow that sounds interesting. I’ve never looked back and don’t really follow the horses now.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got interested in poker because of the big amount of money I can win.

S

shurik8888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played once on old Bwin and I did like it.

C

crymwolf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker makes change in yourself understanding

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Story is simple enough I used to play all kinds of video games on my computer. Once my son asked me why I don't play online poker, it can at least win. It's been about 5 years. I've been playing since then, but I haven't had a big win yet.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In high school (late 70's) my friends and I would occasionally play nickel and dime poker. Mostly five card draw with a little 7 card stud sprinkled in for variety. On a good night you might be up $5 to $10. On the flip side, I do not recall ever losing more that $3 to $5 on a night. Those were fun times, the most memorable moment for me being one session where I dealt a royal flush to one of my friends and he won only the ante because he drew no cards in five card draw. That was the one and only time I was involved in a live hand with a royal flush. Grant it, I don't play a lot of live poker.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from the fact that ive always liked puzzles and strategy games it seemed like the path of least harmful resistance to some sort of success in this screwed up world run by brown nosed monkeys that like to crush anyone beneath them as soon as they have a life if they are not a tool for the system.They are still pulling every trick they can behind the scenes but its harder for them now because i jump around in the spotlight acting like a complete idiot making sure plenty of people have a chance to deduce for themselves what is really behind it all,plain theft of everything possible including identity and all things imaginable since birth basically...so what do ya do when nothings ever good enough,if it wasnt enough then it wont be enough now is what i heard!And all i did in the first place is "hurried after" as the bible puts it.Yes i made the mistake of following ever so slightly thier twisted signs and messages and forked tongue snakes being misled into believing it was something i wanted,and that was right when i already had everything i ever wanted,12 mnths of smack in the head during the night BS,heart pulpitating brain exploding nightmares and twisted twisted stories from forked tongues all day every day.I wont bow down to them because thats all i did in the first place and as the bible or scripture puts it ..."Pains become many for him who when there is someone else does hurry after" and believe me pains become very very many.So yes for me it is the path of least harmful resistance,the government fired me from a job i wasnt fired from then ran in and killed another three year relationship i had built with another employer years after crushing me when i had a woman and my son in my life when i was jogging to work and bringing my work home with me to make a career out of it...am i bitter?do i sound bitter?lol lol nevermind we all have our fair share of negative and positive,i just refuse to lie down and die quietly and i refuse to bow down to a satanic system and put those chains on myself.You see thats the catch 22 for satan,he may have been given reign over the earth for a set time but he can only fool us into putting the chains on ourselves,that in itself proves there is a higher power which even satan cant defy,hope that answered your question and wishing everyone from every walk of life good luck at the tables,its my way of trying to enjoy whats left of this life with prospects of finincial security :) all is not what it seems is a huge understatement,they are still trying and trying and trying and i keep kicking back and lashing out to stay alive,and im sure it all looks so comfortable from the outside.Cain and Abel my friends is a true story and the twist of Cain is where most of the world is misled down to this day.Surely i tell you theyve chopped and changed it as much as possible to make it as unbelievable and misleading as possible,but i tell you truly Jesus was the seed God made to replace Abel and im fairly sure its the same person and Cains decendants have been killing him every lifetime,sounds crazy?take a look around,mankinds abomination of this world and everything we are doing today is crazy,yet they go far and wide and move mountains to keep the truth from us right?Soooooooooo....how did you get interested in poker?:bandit::icon_boun:star::bandit:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I began playing poker over 50yrs. ago. My mother was my main inspiration for playing & she was always my biggest fan. As soon as I was old enough to fan 5 cards in my 2 hands, I was playing at least a couple times per week.
As a youth we played in games regularly... never at my own house. At the time we were playing for fairly large sums of money (our entire net worth's, lol... but it wasn't unheard of to come home with up to $200 in my pockets by the age of 10 or 11.... or completely broke after pawning off my bicycle & skateboard).
By the age of 12 til' 15 we used to play in games at one of our friend's father's home. His father went to Vegas to play poker regularly. These were mostly losing times :( They had a pawnshop built into one of their garages :(
In my early 20's I was playing in games at underground clubs in Toronto & some homegames. These were (& still are) the biggest games I have ever played in. Fortunately it wasn't my source of income as I incurred some pretty big losses. One of those big losses (on a NewYear's Eve on my kitchen table) prompted me to never play again! EVER!!!
I stuck with that for 20yrs....
Then ~10yrs. ago, with poker seemingly on every station on the TV, I was talking with a friend who told me he was withdrawing ~$150/week playing on pokerstars.... from mostly playing $1 45man Sng's & some $3 tourneys.

I deposited on a couple sites..... and then it happened. On the very first night I placed 2nd out of 943 players in the $1 'Ferguson' on Fulltilt and won $114.00 I WAS HOOKED!!!!

(I later found out that my buddy... the one winning $150/week on Stars.. was completely F.O.S. and was a net loser).

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from the fact that ive always liked puzzles and strategy games it seemed like the path of least harmful resistance to some sort of success in this screwed up world run by brown nosed monkeys that like to crush anyone beneath them as soon as they have a life if they are not a tool for the system.They are still pulling every trick they can behind the scenes but its harder for them now because i jump around in the spotlight acting like a complete idiot making sure plenty of people have a chance to deduce for themselves what is really behind it all,plain theft of everything possible including identity and all things imaginable since birth basically...so what do ya do when nothings ever good enough,if it wasnt enough then it wont be enough now is what i heard!And all i did in the first place is "hurried after" as the bible puts it.Yes i made the mistake of following ever so slightly thier twisted signs and messages and forked tongue snakes being misled into believing it was something i wanted,and that was right when i already had everything i ever wanted,12 mnths of smack in the head during the night BS,heart pulpitating brain exploding nightmares and twisted twisted stories from forked tongues all day every day.I wont bow down to them because thats all i did in the first place and as the bible or scripture puts it ..."Pains become many for him who when there is someone else does hurry after" and believe me pains become very very many.So yes for me it is the path of least harmful resistance,the government fired me from a job i wasnt fired from then ran in and killed another three year relationship i had built with another employer years after crushing me when i had a woman and my son in my life when i was jogging to work and bringing my work home with me to make a career out of it...am i bitter?do i sound bitter?lol lol nevermind we all have our fair share of negative and positive,i just refuse to lie down and die quietly and i refuse to bow down to a satanic system and put those chains on myself.You see thats the catch 22 for satan,he may have been given reign over the earth for a set time but he can only fool us into putting the chains on ourselves,that in itself proves there is a higher power which even satan cant defy,hope that answered your question and wishing everyone from every walk of life good luck at the tables,its my way of trying to enjoy whats left of this life with prospects of finincial security :) all is not what it seems is a huge understatement,they are still trying and trying and trying and i keep kicking back and lashing out to stay alive,and im sure it all looks so comfortable from the outside.Cain and Abel my friends is a true story and the twist of Cain is where most of the world is misled down to this day.Surely i tell you theyve chopped and changed it as much as possible to make it as unbelievable and misleading as possible,but i tell you truly Jesus was the seed God made to replace Abel and im fairly sure its the same person and Cains decendants have been killing him every lifetime,sounds crazy?take a look around,mankinds abomination of this world and everything we are doing today is crazy,yet they go far and wide and move mountains to keep the truth from us right?Soooooooooo....how did you get interested in poker?:bandit::icon_boun:star::bandit:

And to be sure to be sure,at the risk of seeing someone somewhere getting told off for teaching the fish how to play which usually happens within 12 hours of writing this stuff i can add this.I asked the boss if there was any problem with what im doing,what ive written,i opened my bible to a random page,looked wherever my eyes directed me randomly and read these words
My ears will hear about the downfall of the evil men that attack me.
But the righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
And grow big like a cedar in Lebanon
They are planted in the house of Jehovah
They flourish in the courtyards of our god.
even in old age they will still be thriving
They will remain vigorous and fresh
Declaring that Jehovah is upright.
He is my rock,in whom there is no unrighteousness.:bike:
So there it is,basically my whole story as to why i play and or became interested in poker...as i said its the path of least harmful resistance towards what seems to have become my god given job in life,while still enjoying life at the same time and hopefully gain some financial security eventually.And with any luck through forums like this i might just be able to start a much needed change in some spirits which have become a bit colder and harder through their own life experiences.Righto you lot,who wants a game of cards?;)

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Around the 2006 my first site when i play poker was Pokerstars next DraculaHoldem around 2008 here we are 2019.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although many people think that luck is key in poker, what is certain is that this is a game of skill, based on the mathematical laws of probability. Any player, irrespective of your knowledge, you can win a tournament as is feasible, it can happen. However in the long term, luck is not decisive. The taking of decisions is the basis of success in this world.
Well at the beginning I saw on television , but i was very excited to see him play , I wanted to learn how to play the game to find it on the Internet , rules and all its teachings , took 8 years of playing poker, but I still have a lot to learn, I am very happy to play this wonderful game.!! I want to achieve being one of the best I'm sure by what I endeavor and I hope that many players fulfill their dreams.!!! a small mine. Bibliographic!!
The poker encourages competitiveness, since it is a struggle between people who are looking for the same objectives. To be able to be measured with other players is one of the great attractions of poker.!!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing around 2007 my first site when i play online was Pokerstars,
here i took the first steps in poker.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
croupier

before I become It professional, I was croupier, mostly for Texas Holdem. Got hooked on the game :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
My story about how I started playing poker is similar to your story. I sat around sitting at home, a friend talked about poker, and started playing with freerolls. After 2 months, won a ticket for Sunday Millions via freerolls:)

S

Sick_Wolf11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got interested by watching my dad play when i was very young

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From slots addict to poker

I was addicted to slots and lost about $10,000.00 that I could not afford to lose. I broke that addiction and then I started to play online freerolls to satisfy my need to feed the dream of becoming independently wealthy. To this day, 14 years later I have not put even one cent into a slot machine. I still only play freerolls and then use my winnings to play for real money.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My father taught me how to play poker as a child. But they weren't cards. It was the bones (dice). And I was fascinated by the words: full house, small street, big street and of course the word poker. When I started beating my dad, he stopped playing poker with me. Well, TV advertising poker allowed to plunge into the vast world of online poker. It's cool!

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never got interested until it was online. But i've played very few home games most have been online. I prefer the online games as well and have little intrest in the live games

Billyrazor10

Billyrazor10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt start til I was about 18 years old with my friends. We saw the older generation playing poker, like my dads friends. we had nothing else to do so we start hanging out with the older generation and playing cards with them and yeah we played crazy so we kind of tought them a few lessons and ever since then I wanted to get better so I knew there was lots of poker online so I started playing online lots starting off with free rolls I was playing mostly on Full tilt then pokerstars then absolute poker. Well thanks for the topic it got me thinking about the good ol days. We had many many long nights playing poker all night. When we started playing with the old guys they were mostly into old grandma an grandpa poker games like hi low 5 card draw and deuces wild. it was like horse but none of the games from horse except for 7card stud. Then we started concentrating on nothing but texas hold em and thats when wsop was so popular on tv then we played omaha once in a while. we use to just play 5 or 10 dollar sng's sometimes rebuys sometimes freeze then things started getting really deadly when we started playing just cash games 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/1.00 Man we seen some big pots and a lot of broken dreams. Awe I remember those big cash games of plo we had and big pots they were fun fun fun lots of fun.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided to make a decent living in poker and I do it

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I saw a big game on tv and I liked it after I started playing pokerstars with the hope of something to win)))))

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the All CardsChat Community! I'm became to interest a Poker, when by TV
started to demonstrate the different Poker broadcasts and shows, as WSOP,
Poker After Dark, and further different European Poker Series, and etc...
And main, appeared many poker sites, where can to play free 24 hours everyday!
Came the Era of Poker! Cheer! And let continue that infinitely on the Joy People!:cool::):D