infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for 9 years. I started playing when I had a lot of free time. For me, poker is a hobby that also brings additional revenue.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had it while being a teenager-we played at home with friends
And when I became older, I continued playing online

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watching a hand on internet from hadrian mateos vs johnny lodden. I wanted to know what was happening When I knew it, I fell in love

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can remember as a child, standing on my tiptoes at the kitchen table watching my mom, dad and other relatives and friends play poker. I can recall some really heated games, but it was never boring. I fell in love with the game back then and have been playing for years.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a little when I was younger. Technically, I played a variant of poker called Chickadee Poker (a game with WC Fields styled cards). I liked it, but forgot about it for years. Back in those days, I was interested in blackjack as well, and the idea of counting cards. I never went anywhere with that pursuit, though.

Starting to think about where to end up after retirement. My wife suggested Las Vegas. I thought to myself, "hmm... well I better learn poker." I went online and was pleasantly surprised to see you could play online.

More importantly, I found the concept of freerolls....

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About the game of poker I learned from a friend,at first we were going and playing with each other,well, then I learned about the poker rooms and started playing there.Well, as for the winnings,I think everyone wants to break a big jackpot

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch Rounders like many of you

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got to know poker through movies and the Internet. Then on the Internet, I studied the rules of poker, read the forums and watched the video online.

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got interested as there is money involved and it's not a lottery

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I got into poker when Moneymaker (an accountant), so am I, won the wsop in 2003. Thought what a way to win money. LOL. I may never make it to the WSOP, but I love the game and play as often as I can, mostly online.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys :heeeellll

I myelf started at the moment I turned 18 years old looking for ways to make money on the internet with no success for couple of years only making one or two dolars per week I was demotivated:pcguru:

Then I heard about gambling on sports but it wasn't for me, so I saw about poker but did not absolutly nothing about the game so I was playing for 5 tickets of 1$ Spins when they started to promote them
(they gave them to me for my birthday :birthday:)

Then my cousin heard that I started to play poker and he have been playing for while also so he show me how to play better told me about professionals players the big tournaments and the strategy behind the game and there it was I fell in love with the game hehehe the rest is History :five::dancing:

So How did you hear about Poker ?
what's your Story?
Are you playing for fun do you really like the game and hope for a big win?

tell me all about it :listen::listen:
moons an moons ago any gambling was illegal so to play cards or flipping 7 quarters most of us used to go to stags yup stags men only other than the ripper lolol every once in a while the law would nip ya up but most of the time we had a blast ( we might lose a hundred an get id *** with the ole lady but most of time to drunk to really care
oh an every once in a while ya could get a irish sweepstake ticket if you didnt get nipped up

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody!

I saw social media poker software. I started playing. Once I switched to real money.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 2009 I saw a co-worker playing in pokerstars, I was struck by the game and started to play, I fell in love with the game, the adrenaline that injected into me

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not remember what exactly attracted me. I heard about the game around 10 years ago when online poker was experiencing boom everywhere. In my country it was new game and it looked like quick way to make money. Also it was completely unregulated at that time. So it was something new and exciting to try. :)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for so long that I do not remember how and what he interested me, probably one of my friends hooked me on this great game.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading books about poker and poker theory/strategy tends to help spark my interest in poker and make me want to play.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I became interested in poker when I was about 14, and realized that I could make some money playing online, from inside my room...

D

Dertyp22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got interested with some friends and we played a lot tothether. Played more and more

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad taught me to play when I was 4 or 5 and he had a PokerStars account and let me play with play money. Ever since then I've been hooked.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a gamer and had a buddy of mine whom I used to play Bridge with online. One day he capitalised on an invite a friend promotion on Full-tilt and so the journey began. We had a blast.

One important thing was the joy of educating ourselves in the game. We joined pokerschool and enjoyed practicing what we learned at the tables.

I have been having fun ever since. Poker is a blast if you do it right!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met poker in a WSOP broadcast a few years ago. I found it very interesting and when I researched I was fascinated in the game.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My brother and brother in Law had planned to play a tournament and that's how I found poker and have not looked back since. That was in 2005. Oh I also saw the 2003 main event on ESPN and that got me into poker also.