M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is definitely not possible at micro-limits. But at high stakes you can see people playing pass with premium combinations.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot basically. You will constantly come up against a bad beat, it’s inherent to the game. How you deal with it is what matters. At the end of the day you will have to accept it and move on to another hand, tournament etc.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can't, only way is to try to get to the river everytime and only pay with the nuts, but you will lose money long run.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid bad beats by not playing good cards. Play only trash cards & you would be the one dealing bad beats. TID.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Avoid bad beats by not playing good cards. Play only trash cards & you would be the one dealing bad beats. TID.
great call, I think you are 100% correct and this is the best fitting answer to the question :)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that it is impossible to avoid a bad beat in poker, it will happen sooner or later. But if you still want to avoid a bad beat in poker, then perhaps the best way to do this is not to play poker.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The only way to do it would he to get as much chips in the pot as possible preflop with the worst hand tou could possibly have against your opponents range. Then get the rest in when you completely miss all pairs and draws on the flop. You'll never suffer a bad beat again

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to learn to fold good hands! sometimes that's the play
That's not quite correct. Calling with a strong when you know you should fold is more of a bad play than a bad beat. That's true even when the villain played his hand horribly.

IMO, it's only a bad beat when someone gets rewarded for making a horrible play which defies all odds and logic. Even then just say "nice hand" and move on.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not playing! Bad Bet is part of the game, whether a good player or a bad player, whether today or in the past or in the future, it is something that is part of the game, there is no way to avoid it, but it is important how to deal with it, and in this I advise you to stop a bit and relax your mind.

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Might be wrong, but I think by definition a bad beat describe a situation where you did everything right, but still end up losing. In that sense, there would be no possible way of avoiding it

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me it is mission impossible...but just in case, consult with Tom Cruise lol. greetings and good hands.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way is not playing poker :)
Almost every day I lose at least one hand to a bad beat and I've learned that I just need to accept that bad beats will always happen. So, I just analyze if I made the right decision. If yes, I just move on to the next hand/table.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beat cannot be avoided. It is variance and it is part of the game.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to avoid with a 100% guarantee)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, it's a strange question; there's no way to avoid a bedbit; it's like sundown — it's just a matter of time. No matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you prepare, they will still be there, I think it would be more appropriate to ask how to get through the bedbit in peace.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
To avoid a bad beat you shouldn't go all in too much, I think you should play more post flop and only bet all your chips when you are sure you are winning in my opinion

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only way to avoid bad beats is to get your money in with 100% equity but there is a pretty slim chance of that happening.

You would have to have quads vs full house or a straight flush vs A high flush and have an opponent willing to get their chips in so a pretty small chance of happening.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
What you should do is play more volume, the more you play the less bad beats you will have due to the variance that exists in poker, the long term will help you have fewer bad beats in the long run, and when a bad beat, be grateful that I touched you and don't give it importance,